Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Florida shooter used 10 round mags.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #2
    Fastattack
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 1663

    Interesting info, but that article is terrible. It is ill-informed and poorly written by an ignorant firearm novice. I'd like to hear the 'real' story.
    It is so full of holes and half-truth info. I've never heard of a 10 round mag fitting but not a larger mag. Clips? There we go again. Bullets and gun falling apart? Yeah, right. Must have been made in China and purchased at Harbor Freight or something.

    Comment

    • #3
      spectralhunter
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2015
      • 618

      Originally posted by Fastattack
      Interesting info, but that article is terrible. It is ill-informed and poorly written by an ignorant firearm novice. I'd like to hear the 'real' story.
      It is so full of holes and half-truth info. I've never heard of a 10 round mag fitting but not a larger mag. Clips? There we go again. Bullets and gun falling apart? Yeah, right. Must have been made in China and purchased at Harbor Freight or something.

      Comment

      • #4
        Fastattack
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2008
        • 1663

        I stand corrected. Must be a brain fart from reading all that drivel.

        Comment

        • #5
          jeffyhog
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2010
          • 2759

          Worthless article. Obviously written by an idiot.

          Comment

          • #6
            jeffyhog
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2010
            • 2759

            Ban 10 round magazines because they're "concealable".

            Comment

            • #7
              Zamble
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2011
              • 2354

              Comment

              • #8
                Dan_Eastvale
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Apr 2013
                • 10767

                Today's national focus is no longer on analyzing numbers.... It's on banning guns.. Numbers add up to nothing now.

                Comment

                • #9
                  A-J
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2011
                  • 2586

                  Cruz went in with only 10-round magazines because larger clips would not fit in his duffel bag, Book said.
                  What world do we live in where a duffel bag is not big enough for normal 30 round mags, but is big enough to hide an AR?
                  It was not a threat. It was an exaggerated response to an uncompromising stance. I was taught never to make a threat unless you are prepared to carry it out and I am not a fan of carrying anything. Even watching other people carrying things makes me uncomfortable. Mainly because of the possibility they may ask me to help.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    billped
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 2504

                    ^^^ yeah, something's fishy.
                    Bill

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      mshill
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2012
                      • 4483

                      Sen. Marco Rubio had hinted last week that Cruz's weapon malfunctioned.

                      "I believe that there will be evidence that at a key moment in this incident, three or four people — three or four people might be alive today because of something that this deranged killer did, had to do,"
                      Senator Rubio (referring to reloading) is a total ****nuts.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        CGT80
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2008
                        • 2981

                        Originally posted by mshill
                        Senator Rubio (referring to reloading) is a total ****nuts.
                        The two seconds to change mags made no difference.

                        Why did this shooter stop shooting? I have not heard.

                        Usually, shooters stop when they either turn the gun on themselves or the good guys take them out. They could also run out of ammo or stop when they see an opening to sneak out.

                        The targets were highly concentrated and at short distances. A skilled shooter could hit 20 targets in a similar scenario in under a minute. There have been 3 gun stages with targets out to 200 yards, including 100 yard targets not much bigger than a human head, and they can be run in around a minute even with 10 round mags and a bullet button.

                        People think that an uneducated opinion is good enough to go against the US constitution and a right that shall not be infringed.
                        He who dies with the most tools/toys wins

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Tango_Down
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2017
                          • 1175

                          Legalize 30 round magazines. Too large for mass shooters to pack.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            steel30
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2013
                            • 2042

                            Originally posted by Tango_Down
                            Legalize 30 round magazines. Too large for mass shooters to pack.
                            YES!!
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Endless
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2010
                              • 1881

                              Originally posted by Zamble
                              Apparently the shooter used 10 round mags because he couldn’t fit standard sized mags in his bag.

                              Where does that leave us now? California banning all 10 round mags for 5’s?

                              https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fl...p1P?li=BBnbcA1
                              California, New York, Hawaii, Colorado etc can ban anything they want. That does not mean folks will follow those rules. It’s 2018 not 1967. Big difference with everything. I guarantee you there will be thousands of folks in these states that just won’t comply. That’s reality. Civilians, military and police along with retired police and retired military are tired of these illegal laws.

                              We will still continue to see larger capacity mags at ranges. Folks use discretion and are not stupid.

                              I am not condoning this but it happens now. I saw a couple folks last week with surefure 60 and 100 round mags and they were civilians. I asked.

                              They do however have 10/60 magpul drums and surefire has released its California compliant 10/60.
                              Last edited by Endless; 03-01-2018, 1:27 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1