Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ontario gun show report

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gunsrfun
    Member
    • Apr 2006
    • 294

    Ontario gun show report

    I haven't been in a few years. Is it worth going to? How are the ammo prices?
  • #2
    ARDude
    Veteran Member
    • May 2006
    • 2723

    I didn't like Ontario. Costa Mesa or Ventura for me.

    Ammo prices are ok.
    Real-life Girls

    Comment

    • #3
      AdidasCJ
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2011
      • 1135

      Is not worth the; Parking fee, entry fee.

      HELL the one in Victorville i consider better than the Ontario one. Free parking to look at the same jerky!
      'socialism is fine, until you run out of other peoples money'

      -Maggie Thatcher

      Comment

      • #4
        gunsrfun
        Member
        • Apr 2006
        • 294

        Originally posted by AdidasCJ
        Is not worth the; Parking fee, entry fee.

        HELL the one in Victorville i consider better than the Ontario one. Free parking to look at the same jerky!
        Problem is Milwall is never at the Victorville show.

        Comment

        • #5
          ACfixer
          Calguns Addict
          • Feb 2012
          • 6080

          The Victorville show is great for comically cheap giant Chinese knives and some guy's terribly overpriced sporterized K98.

          The Ontario show is beyond absurd. You can't call either one a gun show with a straight face.
          Buy made in USA whenever possible.

          Comment

          • #6
            Engine104
            Junior Member
            • Jan 2018
            • 83

            Are there any gun shows in SoCal that are worth going to anymore? Seriously, I'd like to go to one if there are any good ones.

            Comment

            • #7
              GW
              I need a LIFE!!
              • May 2004
              • 16078

              Gun shows died in California back in 1999.
              SB 23 killed them.
              sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

              Comment

              • #8
                71MUSTY
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2014
                • 7029

                Every time I go to the Ontario show I drop my Cadillac off at the dealer for an oil change and walk across the street to the show.
                Only slaves don't need guns

                Originally posted by epilepticninja
                Americans vs. Democrats
                We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


                We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.


                What doesn't kill me, better run

                Comment

                • #9
                  I Swan
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 8770

                  Are they still doing wandings and metal detectors and bag searches and pat downs and confiscating food and drink at Ontario show?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Bobby Ricigliano
                    Mit Gott und Mauser
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 17439

                    Originally posted by gunsrfun
                    I haven't been in a few years. Is it worth going to? How are the ammo prices?
                    I don't know what the problem is with these negative Nancy comments. The shows are always great fun, great eats, and great people! As a Special Airsoft Forces Team Leader, I always go to the shows to kit up on C02 and bulk ammo before leading my troops downrange.

                    On a more personal note, I also admit that I love those imported leather goods, funny fake currency, and those cool blocks of glass that have a 3D laser etched photo in the middle. HOW'D THEY DO THAT??

                    I bought a very cool turquoise bracelet and matching bolo tie at the last one. I paired it all up with a sweet leather ball cap and a minty Member's Only Jacket. HEY LADIES>>>>>

                    I don't know why they call it a "Gun Show" though. I never see any guns.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      AnchorTactical
                      Member
                      • Apr 2016
                      • 258

                      Originally posted by ACfixer
                      The Victorville show is great for comically cheap giant Chinese knives and some guy's terribly overpriced sporterized K98.

                      The Ontario show is beyond absurd. You can't call either one a gun show with a straight face.
                      I set up there with a couple friends. I've found a few gems there.

                      No, miwall doesn't set up,there but lax and ammo bros plus a few others do.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        AnchorTactical
                        Member
                        • Apr 2016
                        • 258

                        Originally posted by I Swan
                        Are they still doing wandings and metal detectors and bag searches and pat downs and confiscating food and drink at Ontario show?
                        I heard they were. The convention center requires it I guess. Most likely insurance.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          ACfixer
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Feb 2012
                          • 6080

                          Originally posted by AnchorTactical
                          I set up there with a couple friends. I've found a few gems there.
                          Victorville or Ontario? I usually go to the VV show just because it's only 5 miles from me, I did see a 1911 I liked last time but the seller was from Ventura. I guess I could have bought it and only made one trip to Ventura, perhaps I should be thankful for that.

                          Honestly I just go to rub shoulders with locals in the gun community, but I can't remember the last time I've bought anything of consequence there. Maybe an AR lower back around 2009 when that was hot and the seller was local.

                          To say I get discouraged would be a gross understatement.
                          Buy made in USA whenever possible.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            AnchorTactical
                            Member
                            • Apr 2016
                            • 258

                            Originally posted by ACfixer
                            Victorville or Ontario? I usually go to the VV show just because it's only 5 miles from me, I did see a 1911 I liked last time but the seller was from Ventura. I guess I could have bought it and only made one trip to Ventura, perhaps I should be thankful for that.

                            Honestly I just go to rub shoulders with locals in the gun community, but I can't remember the last time I've bought anything of consequence there. Maybe an AR lower back around 2009 when that was hot and the seller was local.

                            To say I get discouraged would be a gross understatement.
                            Victorville.

                            They have local transfer dealers there. No need to travel to Ventura.

                            And it is nice to rub shoulders with the local minor celebrities and occasional calguns professional poster

                            I have a great time. You never know what will walk in through those gates!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ACfixer
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Feb 2012
                              • 6080

                              Well if you're setting up a booth in two weeks there let me know and I'll swing in and say hi.

                              I guess I never really considered the local transfer thing... we were still about $500 apart on price on a WWII Rand and the Ventura location kept me from negotiating any further. Maybe I'll see if he's still got it on the 17th.
                              Buy made in USA whenever possible.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1