Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger SR9 full-size Opinions and/or experiences?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 45guru6918
    Member
    • Sep 2015
    • 474

    Ruger SR9 full-size Opinions and/or experiences?

    Hello Calguns, i bought a full-size Ruger Sr9 today from triple A sports in Vallejo, ca on a consignment (Always a good experience there i might add). I was just curious of experiences and/or opinions from people that have owned one, shot one, had one malfunction etc. Good or bad i would love to know about it. This is a Sr9 produced in 2012 or 2013 according to serial numbers if that helps. Thanks in advance guys and gals!
    Last edited by 45guru6918; 12-29-2017, 7:17 PM.
  • #2
    ChuckDizzle
    Banned
    • Dec 2013
    • 4398

    A friend had one and it was the second worst pistol I ever fired. Close second only to some cheap Taurus automatic from a different friend. It was snappy for a 9mm, but managed to have this weird sluggish feel to the cycling on some shots.

    I rate the S&W Sigma over the SR9. Everything about it felt cheap.

    Sorry, wish I had a more positive experience to give you.

    Comment

    • #3
      45guru6918
      Member
      • Sep 2015
      • 474

      No thats good to know hopefully my experience is a little more positive. But good to know non the less ill keep an eye for those issues. Did your friend ever figure out what was causing the slugish issues? Thanks again!

      Comment

      • #4
        osis32
        Calguns Addict
        • Jul 2009
        • 5912

        I never heard much good about it. I know it didn't last long they already went to the American pistol which is supposed to be better. Unless you're getting a killer deal I don't see much of an upside.
        Just a libertarian guy in a Leftist Authoritarian state.

        Comment

        • #5
          TeeMon5
          Junior Member
          • Apr 2013
          • 64

          I have both, the full size SR9 and the compact SR9C, and I like them both. I've owned them for several years and have not had any problems or malfunctions with either one.

          Of course, the SR9 is a little bit too large to carry concealed but I have it as a HD gun anyway. I take it to the range every now and then to shoot it and it reminds me of my police days due to his larger size. Nice gun is my opinion.

          Oh, I agree with you about Triple A Sports, it's a great store with good folks working there.

          Comment

          • #6
            ChuckDizzle
            Banned
            • Dec 2013
            • 4398

            Originally posted by 45guru6918
            No thats good to know hopefully my experience is a little more positive. But good to know non the less ill keep an eye for those issues. Did your friend ever figure out what was causing the slugish issues? Thanks again!
            It was a friend of a friend and we were shooting at his property so I never followed up. He may have just poorly taken care of it and not known better. However, I did shoot an LC9 bought from him by our mutual friend and it worked perfectly.

            Comment

            • #7
              45guru6918
              Member
              • Sep 2015
              • 474

              Thats good to know from someone that has owned one for a while. Yeah ive been wanting one for a while and they just so happened to have one in for a decent price and it was a fairly fresh one also so i bought it. Do you happen to have an approx round count on yours TeeMon5?

              Comment

              • #8
                Svashtar
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2017
                • 936

                Last edited by Svashtar; 12-29-2017, 9:32 PM.
                "Civil Defense Thru Civil Disobedience; Never Disarm!"

                sigpic NRA Benefactor Life Member
                NRA Certified Instructor
                CRPA Life Member

                Comment

                • #9
                  45guru6918
                  Member
                  • Sep 2015
                  • 474

                  Oh ok yeah i was just curious because I noticed this one had a little bit of metal burring on the barrel closest to front part of the ejection port that im going to clean up with some light grit emery cloth. Thanks ChuckDizzle!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    45guru6918
                    Member
                    • Sep 2015
                    • 474

                    Yeah this roster thing really sucks. Ive been looking for an SR45 for a while also and couldnt find one. I do like how the SR9 points and feels in the hand, id imagine the SR45 would be a little wider but very similar. Thanks for the response btw.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1