Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ammo deals on Black Friday?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • anonymouscuban
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2017
    • 1440

    Ammo deals on Black Friday?

    This will be my first Black Friday as a gun owner. Are there typically good deals on 9mm ammo?

    I've been buying a case every month in anticipation of Ammogeddon but have bought for October. Should I wait and buy a few cases on BF?

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  • #2
    Canucky
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 4265

    Keep your eyes on the deal section. Some years have been better than others.

    Comment

    • #3
      anonymouscuban
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2017
      • 1440

      Originally posted by Canucky
      Keep your eyes on the deal section. Some years have been better than others.
      Cool. Ammo prices have been amazing lately. Not sure how much cheaper they can get. It would be great even if they throw in free shipping.

      Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • #4
        Bainter1212
        Calguns Addict
        • Feb 2013
        • 5936

        Originally posted by Canucky
        Keep your eyes on the deal section. Some years have been better than others.
        This. Keep you credit card handy and refresh the deals section every half hr or so. I have got some ridiculous deals in the past.


        Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

        Comment

        • #5
          Jimi Jah
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2014
          • 19264

          Federal also had their rebate extended to Dec. 31st.

          Comment

          • #6
            Bainter1212
            Calguns Addict
            • Feb 2013
            • 5936

            Forgot to add......run some Ammoseek searches so you can get an idea of what is actually a good deal and what isn't. Sometimes a well-intentioned rube will post up a "deal" that is actually not a deal.
            You should have a cents-per-round baseline for each caliber.

            Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

            Comment

            • #7
              G-Man WC
              In Memoriam
              • Oct 2005
              • 10991

              ? Lots of great deals have been going on for a month now.
              -g
              If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
              -Samuel Adams

              Comment

              • #8
                holt7153
                CGN Contributor
                • Aug 2010
                • 1877

                Buy a bunch of discounted Cabela's gift cards and wait for a sale.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  laurelpark
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 1013

                  I'm regularly seeing 9mm for around 18 cents a round nowadays. That's really not too bad. Can't hurt to buy some now and keep some dry powder for Black Friday in case really great deals surface.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    anonymouscuban
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2017
                    • 1440

                    Originally posted by Bainter1212
                    Forgot to add......run some Ammoseek searches so you can get an idea of what is actually a good deal and what isn't. Sometimes a well-intentioned rube will post up a "deal" that is actually not a deal.
                    You should have a cents-per-round baseline for each caliber.

                    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by laurelpark
                    I'm regularly seeing 9mm for around 18 cents a round nowadays. That's really not too bad. Can't hurt to buy some now and keep some dry powder for Black Friday in case really great deals surface.
                    I use ammo seek to buy. I've been watching closely. Over the past year, I think I've averaged about 18 cent per round including shipping.
                    Originally posted by Jimi Jah
                    Federal also had their rebate extended to Dec. 31st.
                    Yup. I picked up a case a bit ago with free shipping and the rebate. Looking for another free shipping deal to pick up more.

                    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      G-Man WC
                      In Memoriam
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 10991

                      Yes don't leave it. Get stocking up on what you need. 60 some days out.
                      The end of year will be here before you know it.
                      -g
                      If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
                      -Samuel Adams

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        omega
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2005
                        • 3114

                        No, I wouldnt wait, keep buying , you never know when they might pull ammo or create a false ammo shortage just like gas stations do to raise prices

                        if anything big happens in the news or something happens with North Korea, expect a price increase / shortage.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          TexasJackKin
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2014
                          • 718

                          Last year on Black Friday weekend, I found 9MM at Sportsman's wear house for a little over $5 a box, with the factory re-bait. I don't normally buy loaded ammo, since I reload my own. But at that price I bought 30 boxes. Who knows what this year may bring, just be ready to ponce when you spot a deal!
                          Mike M.
                          Dayton, NV
                          NRA Life member
                          Front Sight DG
                          CRPA, USPSA, AOPA, EAA, CCW: NV, CA & AZ
                          Yes, I'm related to Texas Jack

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            HOGDOG1955
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2012
                            • 2401

                            i know last year for black friday dicks had 9mm remington for 10 bucks a box and remington was giving a 5 dollar per box rebate. so basically 5 bucks per box plus tax and remington was givng up to 40 rebates per household.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1