Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

PPT question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rhorn67
    Junior Member
    • Oct 2017
    • 91

    PPT question

    Hi all - I am located in socal but continue to see postings I am interested in up north. If I was to go up north and handle the PPT via FFL would they be able to ship the gun to my local FFL for pickup? Trying to see whether I woulds be able to avoid a return trip to pick the gun up.

    Thanks in advance
  • #2
    slayer61
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2014
    • 1402

    Sadly, no. It takes 2 trips for an "off roster" pistol
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Paul

    Confirmed Domestic Terrorist & NRA Member


    Bobby Sands

    Comment

    • #3
      rhorn67
      Junior Member
      • Oct 2017
      • 91

      Originally posted by slayer61
      Sadly, no. It takes 2 trips for an "off roster" pistol
      Darn it all to heck! Something told me that would be the answer.

      Thank you!

      Comment

      • #4
        billped
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 2504

        Smart for checking. It would be hugely disappointing otherwise. There have been other similar posts recently where the news was not positive, but it would have been horrible to find out at the FFL what the truth was.
        Bill

        Comment

        • #5
          pacrat
          I need a LIFE!!
          • May 2014
          • 10285

          Originally posted by rhorn67
          Hi all - I am located in socal but continue to see postings I am interested in up north. If I was to go up north and handle the PPT via FFL would they be able to ship the gun to my local FFL for pickup? Trying to see whether I woulds be able to avoid a return trip to pick the gun up.

          Thanks in advance
          Sorry, as previously stated if not quite accurately. Any {PPT} firearm purchase requires 2 trips to FFL. One to start DROS and ten + days later for pickup, safety demo, etc. Even for a rifle or shotgun.

          You on the other hand, could meet a seller at a FFL, inspect firearm, pay seller for same. And seller could ship the gun to a LGS- FFL for DROS and pickup. But that would NOT BE A PPT. It would be a "dealer transfer". And could not be done for an "off roster" handgun. If it is indeed an Off roster handgun you are buying. OP didn't state type of firearm.

          JM2c

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1