Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Nice magnetic, rechargeable LED light for the safe

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • golfish
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Mar 2013
    • 10124

    Nice magnetic, rechargeable LED light for the safe

    Hey guys, I picked up one of these a couple weeks ago and thought I might share it.

    Its a nice rechargeable LED that really sticks to the steel, lasts about 5hrs on high and comes in handy all over the house.


    I'll try and get a good picture up for ya

    It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
    Happiness is a warm gun.

    MLC, First 3
  • #2
    AreWeFree
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 4558

    PM this guy instead, legit system, better coverage. https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...d.php?t=456064

    Get the three led strip system with battery pack and motion sensor. Probably around $70 or whatever, awesome lighting whatever he charges.

    Had mine over 2 years now, changed batteries once, outstanding performance and couldn't be happier. That guy has a great system.

    Comment

    • #3
      nickel plate
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2012
      • 2134

      Originally posted by golfish
      Hey guys, I picked up one of these a couple weeks ago and thought I might share it.

      Its a nice rechargeable LED that really sticks to the steel, lasts about 5hrs on high and comes in handy all over the house.


      I'll try and get a good picture up for ya

      Thanks for the write up goldfish.
      It looks to be just right for my safe.
      For the price of $19.97, does that include a charger? Couldn't quite tell from the HD link.

      Comment

      • #4
        TurboChrisB
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2010
        • 5116

        Originally posted by AreWeFree
        PM this guy instead, legit system, better coverage. https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...d.php?t=456064

        Get the three led strip system with battery pack and motion sensor. Probably around $70 or whatever, awesome lighting whatever he charges.

        Had mine over 2 years now, changed batteries once, outstanding performance and couldn't be happier. That guy has a great system.
        It's cheaper now I think. You can get a set up as cheap as $40 from him. Couple that with the motion sensor he sells and it's a GREAT set up. I've had mine for about 3 years too. Love it every time I open my safe.

        Comment

        • #5
          k1dude
          I need a LIFE!!
          • May 2009
          • 15870

          Originally posted by TurboChrisB
          It's cheaper now I think. You can get a set up as cheap as $40 from him. Couple that with the motion sensor he sells and it's a GREAT set up. I've had mine for about 3 years too. Love it every time I open my safe.
          I contacted him about a year ago to see if he had any discounts and he wouldn't even respond. I doubt he lowered his price.

          I wound up using 5 LED puck lights that cost $15 at Sam's Club that work great. They use AA batteries that last a long time and work even when the power is out.
          "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

          "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

          Comment

          • #6
            AdidasCJ
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2011
            • 1135

            Originally posted by AreWeFree
            PM this guy instead, legit system, better coverage. https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...d.php?t=456064

            Get the three led strip system with battery pack and motion sensor. Probably around $70 or whatever, awesome lighting whatever he charges.

            Had mine over 2 years now, changed batteries once, outstanding performance and couldn't be happier. That guy has a great system.
            I use his setup as well. LOVE it. I went with the toggle switch instead of the motion switch. Hooked to the battery pack. LOVE it. Fills the safe with plenty of light.

            Originally posted by k1dude
            I contacted him about a year ago to see if he had any discounts and he wouldn't even respond. I doubt he lowered his price.

            I wound up using 5 LED puck lights that cost $15 at Sam's Club that work great. They use AA batteries that last a long time and work even when the power is out.
            HMMM When I ordered mine I had a great interaction with him. Responded within the same business day or the next morning...

            40 bucks
            'socialism is fine, until you run out of other peoples money'

            -Maggie Thatcher

            Comment

            • #7
              TurboChrisB
              Calguns Addict
              • Mar 2010
              • 5116

              Originally posted by k1dude
              I contacted him about a year ago to see if he had any discounts and he wouldn't even respond. I doubt he lowered his price.

              I wound up using 5 LED puck lights that cost $15 at Sam's Club that work great. They use AA batteries that last a long time and work even when the power is out.
              Well, my point was that either he lowered his prices or arewefree accidentally over estimated the cost at $70 as you can get the "big safe" kit (which is plenty for my 50 rifle safe) with a motion sensor and battery pack for $57.00. You can get a regular kit with battery pack for under $50.

              I just can't compare having to turn on 5 lights vrs just opening my door for my entire safe interior to be lit up. Especially when some days I'm in there multiple times. Considering the led strip kit is cheaper and automatic it's a no brainer for me.

              Comment

              • #8
                k1dude
                I need a LIFE!!
                • May 2009
                • 15870

                Originally posted by TurboChrisB
                I just can't compare having to turn on 5 lights vrs just opening my door for my entire safe interior to be lit up. Especially when some days I'm in there multiple times. Considering the led strip kit is cheaper and automatic it's a no brainer for me.
                All 5 come on at the same time.

                I go into my safe probably 5 times a day.
                "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

                "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

                Comment

                • #9
                  TurboChrisB
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2010
                  • 5116

                  Originally posted by k1dude
                  All 5 come on at the same time.

                  I go into my safe probably 5 times a day.
                  Ohhhh, it's a string of lights? Ahhh, ok, I can see how that would work nicely. I was thinking having to press each one....THAT would suck.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    k1dude
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • May 2009
                    • 15870

                    Originally posted by TurboChrisB
                    Ohhhh, it's a string of lights? Ahhh, ok, I can see how that would work nicely. I was thinking having to press each one....THAT would suck.
                    No. Not a string. Each are individual pucks that you place anywhere you want. They turn on with a remote button. I keep the remote stuck to the safe with velcro tape. One press and all lights are on.

                    The puck lights also have 4 different color LED's. With one button push you can change them to the color of your choice. I have mine set to red to preserve my night vision when I open the safe in complete darkness. During the day I don't need to use any lights.
                    "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

                    "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      sonofeugene
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2013
                      • 4675

                      Don't forget a light of some sort, readily available, on the outside of the safe so you can get into it. I hang a quality flashlight on the outside in case I need it.
                      Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them. - Rabindranath Tagore

                      A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it. - Rabindranath Tagore

                      Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see. - Arthur Schopenhaur

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        sonofeugene
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2013
                        • 4675

                        Red is a good idea as long as white is also available as an option. I'd like a light system that defaults to red with an easily accessible switch to toggle it to white.
                        Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them. - Rabindranath Tagore

                        A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it. - Rabindranath Tagore

                        Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see. - Arthur Schopenhaur

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          VoR
                          Member
                          • May 2014
                          • 270

                          I used this and it worked great

                          LED Safe Lighting Kit, (6) 12'' Linkable light bars + Motion Sensor + Power adapter, Under Cabinet, Gun Safe, Locker, Closet, Under Counter, Shelf, Sh https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FDAFC3Q..._WUyUBzZHV9L5D

                          Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            VoR
                            Member
                            • May 2014
                            • 270

                            For the lock i have this...it is a red light:
                            Liberty Electronic Lock Security Safe Light 10930 Magnetic Gun Safe Accessory https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LH6NW5Q..._BA9HtLPY8J7yn

                            Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              k1dude
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • May 2009
                              • 15870

                              Originally posted by sonofeugene
                              Red is a good idea as long as white is also available as an option. I'd like a light system that defaults to red with an easily accessible switch to toggle it to white.
                              Yes. White is one of the options. It's white, red, blue, and green.
                              "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

                              "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1