Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Sending pistol out of state

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HLD65
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2017
    • 5

    Sending pistol out of state

    Hello, I have a Ruger MKII 22/45 that I'm thinking sending to Voltquartsen for barrel upgrade. My question is can the pistol be send back directly to me or does it need to go through an FFL.
  • #2
    003
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 3436

    It can be sent back to you directly.

    Comment

    • #3
      edgerly779
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2009
      • 19871

      ^^^^ Correct answer. Get shipping label from Voltquartsen if possible or use shipmygun.com.

      Comment

      • #4
        SkyHawk
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Sep 2012
        • 23531

        Be sure that *you* ship the gun (and do it legally, special rules apply). Do not have a FFL send it for you, or it cannot be sent back directly to you.
        Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

        Comment

        • #5
          beanz2
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Nov 2008
          • 12032

          Directly is fine. Be sure to use only FedEx or UPS, not USPS, and use the 2 day shipping option and insure for full value (=CA off roster value.)
          sigpic
          The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.

          Comment

          • #6
            IVC
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jul 2010
            • 17640

            Originally posted by beanz2
            Be sure to use ..., not USPS,
            Just wanted to emphasize the above - it's illegal to use USPS for handguns if you are not an FFL (can be used for long guns).

            Here is from the ATF page...
            sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

            Comment

            • #7
              treborscott
              Junior Member
              • Feb 2013
              • 57

              You are way better off paying a local gunsmith to ship it "for repairs" if it is off roster. I learned recently that if it's off roster they may not send it back and If it's off roster an FFl can't accept it for you either. I learned this while getting my XDs repaired under factory recall. I took the pistol to my FFL He told me about the possible shipping problem. It was worth the couple of bucks the gun smith charged me to handle it. Be careful It could get messy.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1