Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Loctite for thread protectors

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • doggie
    Banned
    • Apr 2017
    • 719

    Loctite for thread protectors

    Which Loctite should I use to secure a thread protector, and how many drops?
  • #2
    C.G.
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2005
    • 8251

    Blue Loctite 242, just enough to cover threads and not drip. If it doesn't come off easily due to too much Loctite, just heat it and it'll come loose. Do not use red Loctite that one can take a lot of heat to break free and it is meant for permanent installations.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      doggie
      Banned
      • Apr 2017
      • 719

      Thanks for confirming what I thought.

      Comment

      • #4
        IVC
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jul 2010
        • 17640

        If you're just "securing it," then use blue. If you need to make it permanent to claim a non-threaded barrel, I believe the consensus is that no Loctite will do.
        sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

        Comment

        • #5
          mif_slim
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Apr 2008
          • 10089

          You can hear it up pretty easily. Shoot a lot. but yes, blue.
          Originally posted by Gottmituns
          It's not protecting the rights of the 1%, it's IMPOSING new laws because of the 1%.

          Comment

          • #6
            doggie
            Banned
            • Apr 2017
            • 719

            Originally posted by IVC
            If you're just "securing it," then use blue. If you need to make it permanent to claim a non-threaded barrel, I believe the consensus is that no Loctite will do.
            It's for a Sub2K barrel, not for a pistol, so blue should do.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1