Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911 grips in so cal?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • KSH
    Member
    • Dec 2016
    • 282

    1911 grips in so cal?

    Are there any stores in LA or anywhere in so cal that has a good selection of grips so I can actually see how things look in person?
  • #2
    EMR
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 1023

    A good selection? I personally haven't seen any store with a decent selection.

    I know it's not ideal, but if you haven't seen the "post your 1911" thread, there's a ton of ideas in there.

    Comment

    • #3
      KSH
      Member
      • Dec 2016
      • 282

      Originally posted by emrivera1
      A good selection? I personally haven't seen any store with a decent selection.

      I know it's not ideal, but if you haven't seen the "post your 1911" thread, there's a ton of ideas in there.

      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=42409
      Yeah, I've seen it. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Comment

      • #4
        alpha_romeo_XV
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2006
        • 3141

        Check when the Crossroads of the West show comes near you. There's usually a couple of vendors with a selection of grips. That worked for me, but was getting other stuff too so the entry & parking fee were worth it.

        Comment

        • #5
          Jimmy's
          Veteran Member
          • May 2016
          • 2600

          Buy on ebay what you see is actually what you get. I buy all of my grips from ebay.

          Comment

          • #6
            Paperchasin
            YOU are next!!
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Oct 2010
            • 6407

            Google for pictures on the net of whichever grip you're contemplating... I'm sure someone out there has a picture of the grips you're considering.
            Feedback: https://imgur.com/a/mkdPdnQ

            Comment

            • #7
              KSH
              Member
              • Dec 2016
              • 282

              Originally posted by Paperchasin
              Google for pictures on the net of whichever grip you're contemplating... I'm sure someone out there has a picture of the grips you're considering.
              I've seen a million pictures online. Looking to see and feel them in person

              Comment

              • #8
                Jimmy's
                Veteran Member
                • May 2016
                • 2600

                [QUOTE=KSH;20248039]I've seen a million pictures online. Looking to see and feel them in person[/QUOTE]

                When Mom and Pop gun store were around this is just one of those things you were able to do. Sorry but the internet ruined a very grand way of life.
                If you are near a Turners they have them in stock and I'm sure some others do as well.

                Comment

                • #9
                  ARDude
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 2006
                  • 2723

                  American Gun Works in Glendale had a few selections of grips. But I haven't been in there for awhile.
                  Real-life Girls

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    IVC
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jul 2010
                    • 17640

                    The problem is that even if you find a store with *some* selection, there will be many brands and many models that are not on display.

                    For example, VZ Grips makes most of the grips on demand, when you order them. Even if you find a few locally, you won't get a good idea about all the offerings.

                    There is no way to get around the Internet. Your best bet to see something in person is to research on the Internet first, then locate a store that might have that particular model in stock. It's likely to be tedious and time consuming process.
                    sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      heidad01
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 4902

                      Originally posted by KSH
                      I've seen a million pictures online. Looking to see and feel them in person
                      Your best bet is to go one of the shows like some one mentioned. I saw a vendor at the Cross Road show in coasta mesa. A good size booth and many more grips than I have have ever seen in one place.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1