Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Walmart to scan DL for ammo purchase

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Megalomegalodon
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2014
    • 798

    Walmart to scan DL for ammo purchase

    Picked up some ammo from Walmart today and the cashier told me that in the next week or two that I will have to swipe my drivers license to purchase ammo. She said this was to verify age. They will no longer be able to key in your DOB. She said the data would also be kept on file with Walmart. This will probably include all the info on your license, not just name and DOB. I asked what if they couldn't read the swipe and she said I wouldn't be able to purchase ammo. I don't think I'll be purchasing from Walmart once this starts.
    NRA Endowment Member

  • #2
    LeadFarmer74
    Veteran Member
    • May 2015
    • 3105

    The start of the end of ammo buying begins.
    NRA Lifer
    Originally posted by Click Boom
    I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!

    Comment

    • #3
      OlderThanDirt
      FUBAR
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Jun 2009
      • 5998

      But you don't need ID to vote. I think I'll be going to Walmart to "buy" ammo without my DL just to give them gas pains.
      We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, but they are still lying. ~ Solzhenitsyn
      Thermidorian Reaction . . Prepare for it.

      Comment

      • #4
        AceGirlsHusband
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 2651

        I don't like Walmart anyway. The ones in Sacramento seem to be a collection of scuzz-buckets, ghetto rats and other neer-do-wells.

        Comment

        • #5
          Metal Fiend
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2011
          • 1048

          Originally posted by AceGirlsHusband
          I don't like Walmart anyway. The ones in Sacramento seem to be a collection of scuzz-buckets, ghetto rats and other neer-do-wells.
          The Walmart in Folsom isn't too bad...

          Comment

          • #6
            GlockN'Roll
            Veteran Member
            • May 2015
            • 3774

            Originally posted by AceGirlsHusband
            I don't like Walmart anyway. The ones in Sacramento seem to be a collection of scuzz-buckets, ghetto rats and other neer-do-wells.
            They vary from store to store, but California society in general is becoming a collection of scuzzbuckets, ghetto rats and neer-do-wells.

            My wife told me she now gets why I go to wallyworld, but she always has a story about the strange patrons whenever she goes...
            Real Californian...

            Comment

            • #7
              Dano3467
              Calguns Addict
              • Mar 2013
              • 7381

              +1 you don't need I.D. to VOTE ! this is BS

              Comment

              • #8
                anonymous308
                • Feb 2015
                • 572

                Ya I picked some yesterday. She asked to see my ID and then snatched it from me. All she did was punch in DOB (I assume) but I thought she was going to scan it. Funny because I had just read a thread here about scanning DLs.

                Anyway long story short the prices seemed higher than I remember and then after taxes it definitely wasn't worth it.

                Comment

                • #9
                  hermosabeach
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 19807

                  If one has an old ID with the magnetic stripe, one could scrape it off, apply masking tape, and draw it back with a sharpie....

                  The new ones take abit more effort to rub away....... so they cannot be scanned..


                  It looks like I was careless with my ID and the code can't scan.....



                  YMMV
                  Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

                  Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

                  Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

                  Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
                  (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    bigbearbear
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 5378

                    This is unfortunate, Walmart is a good place to grab ammo if your stock is low but wants to go to range soon and won't have time for online order.

                    I like their Federal 4-pack shotshells for trap shooting, they are fairly cheap and patterns pretty good in my Benelli shotgun. Break clay targets in a very spectacular way. I had one guy in my squad jokingly told me "Stop that!" because I was dusting every clay target with this shell. The only down side is when I shoot at night, this shell seems to throw out a fireball from the ejection port.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      lone shooter
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2014
                      • 2486

                      Originally posted by hermosabeach
                      If one has an old ID with the magnetic stripe, one could scrape it off, apply masking tape, and draw it back with a sharpie....

                      The new ones take abit more effort to rub away....... so they cannot be scanned..


                      It looks like I was careless with my ID and the code can't scan.....



                      YMMV
                      Just put a magnet to it.
                      The koolaid only works if EVERYONE drinks it - Jim Jones

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        greensoup
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2014
                        • 737

                        Did you pay with a credit card because credit is giving them the same information?

                        You can use a barcode scanner to read your DL info. It's not very exciting.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Dano3467
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Mar 2013
                          • 7381

                          Local WM for the last month only has high price ammo anyway, & zero 22lr's for even longer.

                          WM Used to be a good place (for me)

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            r739
                            Member
                            • Apr 2012
                            • 382

                            Wow... and it begins

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Scratch705
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • May 2009
                              • 12537

                              don't worry guys, starting 2018, there won't be any ammo at wal-marts due to the new restrictions/regulations.

                              doubt wal-mart is going to training employees to properly run background checks and take finger prints and record down data of all ammo buyers.
                              Originally posted by leelaw
                              Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
                              Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
                              Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
                              Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
                              Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1