Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Pictures of targets

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Turbinator
    Administrator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2005
    • 11972

    Pictures of targets

    Figured you folks might get a kick out of this. My hard drive, friend's gun, .45ACP, 230gr hardball. Nearly a direct spindle hit. Interesting results.













    Last shot above was .223 right through the platters. Moral of the story: If the opponent is armed with .223, don't hide behind a hard drive..

    Comments, questions, laughs, all welcome.

    Turby
  • #2
    TimG
    Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 355

    I dont think Norton can help that one.

    Comment

    • #3
      Turbinator
      Administrator
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2005
      • 11972

      More images for you folks:





      .45ACP lodged in this disk drive, 230gr jacketed.

      By the way, if anyone else wants to add any.. please feel free!!

      Turby

      Comment

      • #4
        coredump
        Junior Member
        • Dec 2002
        • 5

        I've got an old RS/6000 AIX5.1 that I'm going to give the same treatment to, once the boss clears it. Can't tell you how much I want to put a few 12ga. slugs into it.

        I'll post pics after, if you're interested.

        Comment

        • #5
          LongBch_SigP226
          Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 337

          Very interesting...I have 2 harddrives that's just sitting in my living room waiting to be destroyed.

          It's interesting to know the distance between the shooter and these targets.

          Comment

          • #6
            Turbinator
            Administrator
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Oct 2005
            • 11972

            Maybe you can get a sense of the distance by looking at this photo:



            Turby

            Comment

            • #7
              imported_Matt-man
              Junior Member
              • Jul 2003
              • 54

              After watching a few episodes of Mythbusters, I really, really want a high-speed digital camera.

              Comment

              • #8
                vaporone_859k@hotmail.com
                Junior Member
                • Oct 2004
                • 50

                Looks like we have an alternative to buying body armor now. Wonder how uncomfortable it'd be to walk around with 15 of those duct taped to a vest under your coat?

                Comment

                • #9
                  Pablo
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2005
                  • 657

                  That looks really fun!!! By the way, where are you doing all this shooting?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    jmlivingston
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 5095

                    Originally posted by pidooma:
                    Here's a couple of pics of targets I've shot.

                    An old ethernet hub that got in the way of some 12ga. slugs, .45ACP, 9mm and .308:

                    Old? Why, in my company that's what we're upgrading to! Well, not really but sure seams like it. I do have a few Cisco IGX's that I'd like to put into this same ondition using a few hundred rounds of 7.62x54r.

                    John

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      imported_Drawn
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2003
                      • 3

                      Not all PC but fulfilling non the less.
                      PC carnage
                      \"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN ONE PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED PIECE, BUT, TO SKID ACROSS THE LINE BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, WORN OUT, LEAKING OIL, SHOUTING GERONIMO!!\"

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1