Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

USCCA Insurance who has it, is it worth it?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • calif 15-22
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jan 2012
    • 6049

    USCCA Insurance who has it, is it worth it?

    I was wondering what you guys think about USCCA insurance and or other types of insurance and do you use or recommend it?

    I DO NOT have a CCW nor most likely will be able to get one in San Mateo County for the foreseeable future, but wondering is USCCA would cover in the event of a shooting inside my home. My homeowner's does not (I believe).

    Thanks in advance . . .
    Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
    It's one thing to question everything . . . It's entirely another thing to reject simple, rational explanations in favor of ever more fantastic and far reaching explanations because you've decided the government cannot be trusted.
    Originally posted by Hoooper
    Anyone who says the American dream requires a specific pay range doesn't understand the meaning of the American dream
    sigpic
  • #2
    kriller134
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 1302

    USCCA Insurance who has it, is it worth it?

    I have it and I guess it's good? Never had to use it and I hope I never will. That being said, the benefits are good. They cover anyone inside a home in a defensive shooting situation, they cover theft, and they cover civil and defense legal fees. The only downer is they bombard your email with "training ads".

    Comment

    • #3
      John Henry
      Member
      • Oct 2015
      • 117

      USCCA INSURANCE

      I haven't joined yet because I'm spending all my money on ammo and guns but I do subscribe to their "Concealed Carry" magazine. While I don't as yet have a CCW, their coverage is pretty good for numerous situations. It's my understanding that they now wil cover you inside and outside the home, your spouce is included and they will cover you for "any" weapon-knives, fists, guns and etc. There are some exceptions. Let's say that you had a "good" shoot but you were in a gun free zone ie, Post Office, Federal building and etc. They would cover you for any civil actions of the shoot but not for illegally having the gun there.
      "Normal" insurance is totally worthless for this. I have over 20 policies with State Farm and I had a long discussion with my agent. The standard for the industry is if you accidently shoot someone, let's say you're cleaning your weapon and it discharges and you hit a passerby- your homeowners insurance will cover you. If you shoot ANYBODY on purpose, no matter what the provocation, you're screwed. Call USCCA AT 1-877-677-1919 and they will give you all the details. I believe they will even send or electronically email you a blank policy so you can see exactly what they will do for you.

      Comment

      • #4
        tnlrat37
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2010
        • 2166

        I have it, also going to get an umbrella policy as well. Half price for the wife when she gets her ccw next month too. Hope I never need it. With the platinum you get a box of goodies as well, videos, Otis gun cleaning kit and some other stuff. The magazine is pretty good too, and you have access to all the archived editions as well. They changed their policy for the better last year so I went with them instead of ccwsafe. Can't go wrong having both really. It's only expensive until you need it.

        Only downside is the several Emails a day you get from Tom the owner about raffles and junk like that. I just block them.
        "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

        Comment

        • #5
          calif 15-22
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Jan 2012
          • 6049

          Originally posted by tnlrat37
          They changed their policy for the better last year so I went with them instead of ccwsafe. Can't go wrong having both really. It's only expensive until you need it.
          Thanks for the info Guys! Tnlrat what made you choose them over CCWSafe. I was looking into CCWSafe as well trying to understand which one would be better. CCWSafe is $179/yr vs $347 and has "unlimited" Criminal Defense and a higher Bail Coverage if needed I believe.
          Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
          It's one thing to question everything . . . It's entirely another thing to reject simple, rational explanations in favor of ever more fantastic and far reaching explanations because you've decided the government cannot be trusted.
          Originally posted by Hoooper
          Anyone who says the American dream requires a specific pay range doesn't understand the meaning of the American dream
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            kriller134
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2011
            • 1302

            Originally posted by calif 15-22
            Thanks for the info Guys! Tnlrat what made you choose them over CCWSafe. I was looking into CCWSafe as well trying to understand which one would be better. CCWSafe is $179/yr vs $347 and has "unlimited" Criminal Defense and a higher Bail Coverage if needed I believe.


            It's my understanding that ccwsafe isn't an insurance policy, but a network of lawyers that will represent you if you were involved in a defensive shooting. I believe they require you to have a ccw to join. Uscca is an actual policy. I went with uscca because the benefits are more suited towards my needs. And the selling point for me was the theft benefit.

            Comment

            • #7
              tnlrat37
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2010
              • 2166

              Uscca also covers civil damages not just defense up to a million and 500$ per day lost compensation to you along with theft liability coverage as well. Nothing wrong with ccwsafe at all it seems great, if my insurance co. won't get me an umbrella policy I will probably get it as well.
              "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

              Comment

              • #8
                sarbiker
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2014
                • 750

                Tim must have paid Iggy the 10 G's to learn how to be successful. Email overload. I have the insurance, and I have a friend in the insurance business that also has it. He recommended it to me.
                sigpic
                NRA Benefactor Member
                CRPA Life Member
                2AF Defender
                USPSA Life Member
                GOC Member
                NASAR Member

                Comment

                • #9
                  lordmorgul
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  • Jul 2016
                  • 1203

                  Originally posted by calif 15-22
                  but wondering is USCCA would cover in the event of a shooting inside my home. My homeowner's does not (I believe).

                  Im in the same situation as you regarding no CCW, but I am now and have been paying for USCCA for awhile.

                  Yes, in your home is covered without having a CCW, outside as well as long as you weren't committing a felony possession of concealed firearm, so for instance being attacked while at shooting range, transporting into/out of car, etc, if you were to get involved in a shooting.

                  No your home insurance policy will not cover you, it might pay the person you shoot for damages though...

                  USCCA Covers anyone in the home including spouse so no need to have other household members own policy unless they are carrying outside home/property.

                  It's worth it to me.



                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    lordmorgul
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    • Jul 2016
                    • 1203

                    CCWSAFE does not pay upfront, it's a reimbursement policy and retainer only.

                    Having both would be beneficial, USCCA says they will work with CCWSAFE to balance what's paid and when but not sure how they plan to handle that.

                    USCCA will pay you for costs during the event not just reimburse sometime later. That could matter a lot to your family's financial stability.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      calif 15-22
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Jan 2012
                      • 6049

                      Originally posted by lordmorgul
                      Im in the same situation as you regarding no CCW, but I am now and have been paying for USCCA for awhile.

                      Yes, in your home is covered without having a CCW, outside as well as long as you weren't committing a felony possession of concealed firearm, so for instance being attacked while at shooting range, transporting into/out of car, etc, if you were to get involved in a shooting.

                      No your home insurance policy will not cover you, it might pay the person you shoot for damages though...

                      USCCA Covers anyone in the home including spouse so no need to have other household members own policy unless they are carrying outside home/property.

                      It's worth it to me.
                      Thanks for the info Lordmorul. I think I'm going to go with USCCA. It's not a lot of money for the piece of mind it brings.

                      Thanks again guys . . .
                      Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                      It's one thing to question everything . . . It's entirely another thing to reject simple, rational explanations in favor of ever more fantastic and far reaching explanations because you've decided the government cannot be trusted.
                      Originally posted by Hoooper
                      Anyone who says the American dream requires a specific pay range doesn't understand the meaning of the American dream
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        SomeGuy75
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2015
                        • 1405

                        I have it. It's easy to opt out of the spam from them. They had the best cost to benefit ratio for my needs. I felt like I needed good insurance considering how many people out there need to be shot lol.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          VL221
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2011
                          • 1449

                          Why do some people have CCW Safe and USSCA?

                          If I only had to choose one, which one would you guys prefer?
                          \

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            VL221
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2011
                            • 1449

                            According to CCWsafe it seems like they offer more than USSCA?

                            \

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Steve1968LS2
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Feb 2010
                              • 9275

                              Originally posted by VL221
                              Why do some people have CCW Safe and USSCA?

                              If I only had to choose one, which one would you guys prefer?
                              I felt CCW Safe had a better coverage for the use of a CCW outside the home.. better bail amounts and overall coverage.

                              Both companies have "levels".. the higher CCW coverage is 1,000,000 in bail.
                              Originally posted by tony270
                              It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
                              Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1