Okay my fellow armchair experts. Tell me about this slide. Not sure if it is actually a RR slide. The left side markings appear to be too deeply and widely etched. But the lettering is 2 mm tall just like the actual markings off a confirmed slide. The sights are correct. The P is present on the top of the slide and the inspector's mark (G) is in the hammer recess. Tell me if this is a fake or just something I haven't seen before.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Remington Rand slide?
Collapse
X
-
It doesn't look right to me. The serifs on the letter I in 'Inc' are unexpected. And the whole thing just looks off. I could maybe chock it up to a bunch of bad refinish jobs, but those serifs on the I can't be explained.
Remember - the Chinese counterfeit chapstick. Chapstick! Nothing is beyond counterfeiting to a crook looking to make a buck.Last edited by SkyHawk; 02-07-2017, 11:54 PM.Comment
-
Something doesn't look quite right, but then why would anyone fake a R-R slide? For years and years they were the most common and least valuable of all the WWII 1911-A1's. It has been refinished, so perhaps someone was trying to turn a post war replacement into a "correct" slide for a R-R.
This is the slide logo from my original 1944 R-R
MLC member.
Biden, proof that stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote.
Dumocraps suck balls.Comment
-
I don't think they ever used Comic Sans for a logo font but why someone would fake it is beyond meArtist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and PistolComment
-
Yeah, what I thought. Purchased on Ebay and thought the markings were off, but chocked that up to potentially a wonky photo. I'm trying to work it out with the seller, but haven't heard anything back yet.Cry Havoc.... and let slip the Dogs of War.
Shakespeare: Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene IComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,660
Posts: 25,150,241
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,868
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 14544 users online. 133 members and 14411 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment