Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Impulse buy - Costco gun safe

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Cokebottle
    Seņor Member
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2009
    • 32373

    Originally posted by townbound
    Congratulations on owning a safe. I still know some people who keep their guns under their beds. There's no reason to be critical of someone trying to do the right thing.
    This.

    ANY safe is better than no safe.

    A better safe is better than a cheap safe, but until you start getting into half-ton $2500+ vaults, all you have is a Residential Security Container.

    It's better than nothing, and if you are careful, it is not likely to ever be needed. I did not have guns in my home (that anyone knew about other than my wife) until after our daughter moved out, because we could not trust her and her friends.
    - Rich

    Originally posted by dantodd
    A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

    Comment

    • #32
      2meterB
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2013
      • 1728

      Originally posted by Steves32
      14 guns which translates to 6 in reality
      or 20 if you use rifle socks and rifle rods

      Comment

      • #33
        Dee_Dub
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2011
        • 2097

        Not a bad safe to start with. But your going to upgrade sooner or later. When you do just use this one as ammo storage.
        A man's GOT to know his limitations.

        Comment

        • #34
          bsg
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2009
          • 25954

          good for you for getting something other than a hollowed book or storing your firearms under the mattress.

          Comment

          • #35
            hermosabeach
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Feb 2009
            • 19819

            The price was right - good CA storage box
            Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

            Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

            Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

            Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
            (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

            Comment

            • #36
              JB559
              Member
              • Dec 2016
              • 256

              Originally posted by Strykeback
              Haven't seen the screw driver trick on these. The real deal is when they are occasionally 299. Ironically the interior is much nicer than the 500 dollar Canon safe.

              Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              I have been looking at the Canon everytime I go. Don't think I can pass it up for that size/price.

              Comment

              • #37
                Strykeback
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2012
                • 1574

                Originally posted by JB559
                I have been looking at the Canon everytime I go. Don't think I can pass it up for that size/price.
                Feels so cheap though. It's literally particle board with some fuzz for the entire interior and the side walls flex just by pushing with your hand. And that's coming from someone that works for costco. That said a few of my managers put that one hidden in their garage.

                Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

                Comment

                • #38
                  JB559
                  Member
                  • Dec 2016
                  • 256

                  Originally posted by Strykeback
                  Feels so cheap though. It's literally particle board with some fuzz for the entire interior and the side walls flex just by pushing with your hand. And that's coming from someone that works for costco. That said a few of my managers put that one hidden in their garage.

                  Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  I had chosen a winchester from tractor supply that's smaller and $150 more previously. Granted it is nicer, but I don't know if the interior of the safe is worth more $$ for less storage.

                  Either way it's better than what I have. No gun safe.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    sigstroker
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 19870

                    Originally posted by billped
                    The absolute top elements of security revolve around keeping your guns a secret and hiding the safe in the house.

                    Burglars hit houses where they expect goodies. No goodies no robbery.
                    Untrue. Every time I got robbed, nobody knew what I had.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      SMarquez
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 2216

                      Originally posted by Steves32
                      14 guns which translates to 6 in reality
                      Very true. Scoped bolt action rifles take up twice as much room as a shotgun or lever rifle.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        stevebla
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2015
                        • 752

                        Great start bolt it down.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1