Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

moving to CA - what about my firearms?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • husdat
    Member
    • Jan 2017
    • 179

    moving to CA - what about my firearms?

    Ladies and gents,
    I am moving to CA from TX. I am awaiting the shipment of my Noveske N4, and plan to get a Glock 19 prior to heading there (among other things). I would like to ask what will become of my firearms. I suppose I can grandfather my firearms? What else should I do in order to stay legal? Thanks much.
  • #2
    BigPimping
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2010
    • 21485

    To stay legal.......don't come here. You'll hate it.
    sigpic

    PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

    When pimping begins, friendship ends.

    Don't let your history be a mystery

    Comment

    • #3
      geoint
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2014
      • 4385

      To stay legal, youll need to make all your semiauto rifles with detachable mags into what is called featureless in California. As far as pistols, everything can come with you with no problem, you just cant bring in any mags that hold more than 10 rounds. That applies to both rifles and pistols. But the pistols themselves can enter without issue. Lots of people moving here buy off roster pistols with the intention of reselling them here well above MSRP since supply and demand (thats one of the few ways for average citizens here to get these off roster models).



      btw, if there is any way you can take BigPimping's advice you should take it. I was stationed in TX for 3 years and they were the happiest of my life (despite being stationed in Ft Hood, the armpit of TX). CA straight up sucks donkey balls.
      Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt

      I Hate California.

      Comment

      • #4
        CenCal45
        Member
        • Jan 2016
        • 254

        STAY.. AWAYYYYYY

        You're in for a real culture shock lol..


        Pretty sure you'll need to bastardize your brand new rifle and make it featureless (I'm sure you'll get a kick out of what this entails) in order to bring it in

        No handguns with threaded barrels, no magazines of any kind over 10 rounds..

        There is a lot more to all of this but no one will be able to really help you unless we know exactly what guns you own.


        Just wait for your mind to be blownnnnn..lol

        Comment

        • #5
          zerodameaon
          Member
          • Mar 2015
          • 243

          Fixed mag should also work instead of featureless. Your new Noveske is getting is getting bastardized either way.

          Comment

          • #6
            njineermike
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2010
            • 9784

            Get rid of anything not made by Nerf.
            Originally posted by Kestryll
            Dude went full CNN...
            Peace, love, and heavy weapons. Sometimes you have to be insistent." - David Lee Roth

            Comment

            • #7
              WartHog
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2012
              • 4639

              WTF, OP - have you lost your mind?

              Sent via my Lumia 640 & mTalk
              Originally posted by Sierra57
              Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, the America-hating Leftists will have brought it upon themselves. I value Freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of Governance they espouse, which offers no Freedom and complete servitude to the State.
              "We have four boxes with which to defend our Freedoms: the Soap box, the Ballot box, the Jury box, and the Cartridge box" - Ed Howdershelt

              Comment

              • #8
                nedro
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2014
                • 4130

                Originally posted by husdat
                Ladies and gents,
                I am moving to CA from TX. I am awaiting the shipment of my Noveske N4, and plan to get a Glock 19 prior to heading there (among other things). I would like to ask what will become of my firearms. I suppose I can grandfather my firearms? What else should I do in order to stay legal? Thanks much.
                One Word:
                Fugetaboutit!

                Comment

                • #9
                  AdidasCJ
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 1135

                  Dont come here dude......
                  'socialism is fine, until you run out of other peoples money'

                  -Maggie Thatcher

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    cyborg
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2016
                    • 333

                    OP, you may as well just melt down your guns before you come here, and take up fishing.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      csshih
                      Casual Plinker
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Nov 2009
                      • 670

                      Your pistols will be fine, in fact, I recommend getting whatever pistols you may desire before moving here, as there is a "safe" handgun roster of approved, purchasable pistols that has not been added to in years.

                      As for your semi-auto long guns.. that's a mess. You'll have to make them "featureless".

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        nedro
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2014
                        • 4130

                        Originally posted by cyborg
                        OP, you may as well just melt down your guns before you come here, and take up fishing.
                        You obviously didn't hear about AB5150.
                        Restricting Assault Fishing Poles.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Springfield45
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2008
                          • 2426

                          Give all your guns a big hug and a kiss. Tell them goodbye because you will never see them again. Just kidding, I'm serious.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ElDub1950
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Aug 2012
                            • 5688

                            Most pistols are fine, no threaded barrels as others said. But note that Taurus Judge and similar 410 revolvers are banned here.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              meccjoo
                              Member
                              • Feb 2016
                              • 245

                              In case you missed it, turn back now!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1