Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Couldn't pick up my guns tonight

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • slainla
    Member
    • Jun 2014
    • 282

    Couldn't pick up my guns tonight

    So maybe it's just my luck but has anyone experienced DROS Entry System (DES) being down during DROS or pick up?

    It was down for about 30 minutes when I DROSed my items a couple weeks ago.

    And when I went to pick up tonight, it was down again after releasing one item. Since it was closing, the store waited about 20-25 minutes before calling it quits and asked a few of us to come back before the 31st.

    I can't blame the store but I'm upset that I wasted 1.5 hours in traffic for nothing.

    Hell will break loose if DES is down on the 31st.
    Last edited by slainla; 12-27-2016, 9:55 PM.
  • #2
    CouchOperator
    Veteran Member
    • May 2016
    • 4353

    Mid 2015 it was down for the majority of 2 days. Good luck.

    Comment

    • #3
      Maht_g
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2014
      • 1748

      Hopefully not "down" on purpose, doj would screw a bunch of people if they decided to do site maintenance or something for the last 4 days of the year.
      sigpic"That's more suspicious than a nun doing squats in a cucumber field!"

      Comment

      • #4
        kantstudien
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 1795

        I'm certain CA DOJ will get right on it!

        They're not open on the 30th? You're a brave soul to be picking up on the 31st...

        Comment

        • #5
          cyborg
          Banned
          • Dec 2016
          • 333

          It's staaaaaarrrrrrting.

          and it's going to get exponentially worse right up until midnight of the 31st.

          Glad I won't be there.

          Comment

          • #6
            claylakers
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2012
            • 2807

            Originally posted by Maht_g
            Hopefully not "down" on purpose, doj would screw a bunch of people if they decided to do site maintenance or something for the last 4 days of the year.
            No kidding! How frustrating

            Comment

            • #7
              OlderThanDirt
              FUBAR
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Jun 2009
              • 6003

              "We are sorry to report that due to extremely high utilization, the DROS Entry System database has been corrupted and the system will be unavailable until January 4, 2017. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused (snicker)."
              We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, but they are still lying. ~ Solzhenitsyn
              Thermidorian Reaction . . Prepare for it.

              Comment

              • #8
                slainla
                Member
                • Jun 2014
                • 282

                I'm going back tomorrow night to pick up. It better not not be down again.

                Comment

                • #9
                  SheepDog78
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2015
                  • 630

                  This is what happens when you wait til the last minute.

                  Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
                  "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." -Edmund Burke

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Tortugatron
                    Member
                    • Aug 2015
                    • 259

                    Isn't the DROS system only available until 11pm?

                    Per the DROS Entry System Page:
                    Holiday Hours: The Customer Support Center will be closed Sunday, December 25th in observance of the Christmas holiday. However the DROS Entry System and the Firearm Certification System will still be available from 7:00 am – 11:00 pm.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      bronco75a
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2016
                      • 659

                      I would show up well before that store closes for the night, if at all possible.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        sfe187
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2016
                        • 1770

                        remember the PDF they sent to all the FFLs saying they don't anticipate any issues with the system. they doing a dirty!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          low67vdubinnocal
                          Senior Member
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Dec 2013
                          • 816

                          If it were for signing up for free obama care with covered california and there were issues with the computers the state would just extend the deadline a few days. Being it is firearms and the 2A community that will never happen.
                          VW's Are not for Hippies...
                          Play's Cello in a marching band...

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            myk
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 5955

                            I don't get it. I thought at pickup all you're doing is verifying serial numbers, signing some papers and failing the safety demonstration like me? Is there computer work involved? I never noticed...


                            I don't always save the world, but when I do, it's in 24 hours or less...

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Two Nuggets
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2016
                              • 1054

                              Originally posted by myk
                              I don't get it. I thought at pickup all you're doing is verifying serial numbers, signing some papers and failing the safety demonstration like me? Is there computer work involved? I never noticed...
                              Firearms have to be "delivered" through DES.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1