Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Must pickup ar/ak by 12/31/2016

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • edgerly779
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Aug 2009
    • 19871

    Must pickup ar/ak by 12/31/2016

    [I just picked up 2 long guns at ammo bros. They said any at/ak that is affected by raw will be turned over to leos . Everyone better pick up.][/RIGHT]
    I just told some people to get the upper off and take with you just in case. Is I was ffl I would stay late on 31st and strip the lowers and keep the uppers and give cops stripped lowers.
    Free parts .
    Last edited by edgerly779; 12-27-2016, 3:07 PM.
  • #2
    ScottsBad
    Progressives Suck!
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • May 2009
    • 5610

    Yeah, that's because the DOJ sent out a NASTY GRAM to the FFLs saying that if they have ANY AWs in their possession on 1/1/2017 they will be immediately prosecuted. According to my FFL.

    I can just imagine quite a few rifles being hauled out of state on New Years Eve...
    sigpicC'mon man, shouldn't we ban Democracks from Cal-Guns? Or at least send them to re-education camps.

    Comment

    • #3
      Blade Gunner
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2013
      • 4422

      Originally posted by edgerly779
      [I just picked up 2 long guns at ammo bros. They said any at/ak that is affected by raw will be turned over to leos . Everyone better pick up.][/RIGHT]
      I just told some people to get the upper off and take with you just in case. Is I was ffl I would stay late on 31st and strip the lowers and keep the uppers and give cops stripped lowers.
      Free parts .


      Most FFL's where sold out by 12/21/16. Some have worked out arrangements to transfer to out of state dealers and some are doing featureless conversions for anything not sold on 12/21/16.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      If you find yourself in a fair fight, you're doing it all wrong.

      Comment

      • #4
        edgerly779
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Aug 2009
        • 19871

        Featureless or armaglock and bill the buyer but don't give to the cops.

        Comment

        • #5
          Steve1968LS2
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Feb 2010
          • 9275

          Originally posted by edgerly779
          [I just picked up 2 long guns at ammo bros. They said any at/ak that is affected by raw will be turned over to leos . Everyone better pick up.][/RIGHT]
          I just told some people to get the upper off and take with you just in case. Is I was ffl I would stay late on 31st and strip the lowers and keep the uppers and give cops stripped lowers.
          Free parts .
          The gun doesn't belong to the FFL and they have zero right or authority to strip it down on their own.

          How about the buyers just not be flaky and pick up their stuff? Why should the FFL have to do anything extra.. the 31st is New Years Eve.. I wouldn't blame them from closing early.

          The buyer has 100% of the responsibility here..
          Originally posted by tony270
          It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
          Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA

          Comment

          • #6
            Mitch
            Mostly Harmless
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Mar 2008
            • 6580

            Originally posted by edgerly779
            Featureless or armaglock and bill the buyer but don't give to the cops.
            Start here: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...3#post19396943

            The nastygram the DoJ sent to FFls has been posted on this forum somewhere. Aside from the hassle Baboosh mentions, I don't think many FFLs are going to want to get cute with the DoJ.
            Originally posted by cockedandglocked
            Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

            Comment

            • #7
              ScottsBad
              Progressives Suck!
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • May 2009
              • 5610

              Originally posted by Mitch
              Start here: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...3#post19396943

              The nastygram the DoJ sent to FFls has been posted on this forum somewhere. Aside from the hassle Baboosh mentions, I don't think many FFLs are going to want to get cute with the DoJ.
              Yeah, I just don't see FFLs risking their lively hood and possible prosecution for a $75 fee. LOL. And they can't legally modify a rifle to make it legal.

              That's why I'm guessing that any left over AWs will get moved. I'd be totally pissed if I were a FFL. And I probably would have made the cutoff date the 10th instead of the 20th.
              sigpicC'mon man, shouldn't we ban Democracks from Cal-Guns? Or at least send them to re-education camps.

              Comment

              • #8
                ugimports
                Vendor/Retailer
                • Jun 2009
                • 6251

                Originally posted by ScottsBad
                Yeah, I just don't see FFLs risking their lively hood and possible prosecution for a $75 fee. LOL. And they can't legally modify a rifle to make it legal.

                That's why I'm guessing that any left over AWs will get moved. I'd be totally pissed if I were a FFL. And I probably would have made the cutoff date the 10th instead of the 20th.
                The DOJ actually informed us we can modify rifles to keep them legal in 2017 as long as it is done by 12/31/2016. They did not distinguish between rifles held for customers (in DROS period) or items in inventory.
                Last edited by ugimports; 12-27-2016, 4:53 PM.
                UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
                Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
                web​ / email / vendor forum

                I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

                Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

                Comment

                • #9
                  dieselpower
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 11471

                  Originally posted by ugimports
                  The DOJ actually informed us we can modify rifles to keep them legal in 2017 as long as it is done by 12/31/2016. They did not distinguish between rifles held for customers (in DROS period) or items in inventory.
                  really, are you sure you are allowed to modify a firearm awaiting DROS pickup? I realize there isnt a lot of precedent, but could you for sake of this argument, DROS a SACF, then before delivery alter the firearm to a Bolt action and still legally transfer under the same DROS?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    hypa
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 561

                    Originally posted by dieselpower
                    really, are you sure you are allowed to modify a firearm awaiting DROS pickup? I realize there isnt a lot of precedent, but could you for sake of this argument, DROS a SACF, then before delivery alter the firearm to a Bolt action and still legally transfer under the same DROS?
                    Don't overcomplicate things, the example you provided is a bit excessive. An FFL would probably be more likely to remove the pistol grip, stock and flash hider rather than to convert someone's rifle to a bolt action. Under those circumstances, it wouldn't change any of the specifications on the DROS.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      hypa
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2012
                      • 561

                      Oh and please educate me on the term "SACF", I've never seen this before (outside of several of your posts). Thanks in advance.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Sydwaiz
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2003
                        • 3551

                        I picked up two at ammo bros in Cerritos today too but didn't hear that. I did hear someone have their dros delayed though!
                        ____________________________________

                        A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          tigerpan
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2012
                          • 2197

                          Do they also turn over half strip lower? The lower have pistol grip and part kit. Without stock and buffer tube?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ProtectThe2nd
                            In Memoriam
                            • Mar 2016
                            • 1225

                            Originally posted by hypa
                            Oh and please educate me on the term "SACF", I've never seen this before (outside of several of your posts). Thanks in advance.
                            semi auto center fire
                            sigpic
                            ESCAPE IF YOU CAN


                            A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

                            "The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding." - The United States Supreme Court -

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ifilef
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2008
                              • 5665

                              Originally posted by ugimports
                              The DOJ actually informed us we can modify rifles to keep them legal in 2017 as long as it is done by 12/31/2016. They did not distinguish between rifles held for customers (in DROS period) or items in inventory.
                              One might think that those DROS'd would not have to be modified unless customer does not pick up by the 31st, but y'all can't modify after that date anyway.

                              In any event, did DOJ in that memo authorize FFL to convert a SACF featured with BB to featureless by the 31st where it was not previously authorized? Just curious if you guys needed a DWP or AWP to do so previously, or not, or any FFL could do so at the request of the customer and the FFL was amenable.

                              Sorry for the compound question, but just interested if DOJ was giving regular FFLs some slack.

                              Some people have made a ridiculous argument that if you as FFLs are authorized to convert to featureless and make it a non-AW by the 31st they should be able to do so and NOT have to register as AW when the statutes clearly state that registration is mandatory if one possessed featured with a BB prior to 1/1/2017.
                              Last edited by ifilef; 12-27-2016, 6:37 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1