Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ammomageddon - What are actual dates?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nooneyouknow
    Member
    • Feb 2016
    • 130

    Ammomageddon - What are actual dates?

    I was watching a youtube video of a guy who has a gun channel who was reviewing the specifics on the new laws.

    When I was collecting signatures, I thought the ammo aspect would require a background check, with a fee of about $25 or so like the DROS background check, and that this would be required for each an every purchase even if done within the same day.

    I have since seen in this video (and he was not terribly precise I don't know why he just didnt summarize it) and elsewhere that:

    1) The background check is actually a one time affair for the year, and once done, did not need to be redone for the year.
    2) That it is actually a $1 per transaction fee.
    3) That it doesn't take effect until Jan 1 2019 when there is supposed to be some database built by CA DOJ to streamline the process.
    4) Takes effect July 1 2017.
    5) Takes effect Jan 1 2017.

    I don't know what the actual truth is. Of course, internet, non-experts, I expect there is a lot of manure flying around.

    Anyone know the precise skinny on this? I'm trying to determine if I'm doing a mass ammo buy.

    P
  • #2
    kel-tec-innovations
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 3931

    Just buy what you can, nothing is certain. Events can occur that could cause a run on stock. If you see a deal, buy it.


    I'm just glad I bought .22lr in bulk when it was 2 cents a round as a habit everytime I visited Walmart. I never have to worry about buying .22lr anymore.

    I'm glad I bought a bunch of AR15's and accessories pre-sandy hook and sold it all, even dealers were calling me as they need stock.

    I'm glad I stocked up on 7n6 before it got classified as armor piercing ammo and no longer imported.

    Lesson is just buy what you can and what you think you'll need. You can always sell it later if you need.


    One things for sure I don't see ammo prices going down, buy it when its on sale
    WTS: Mossberg RARE Bullpup
    WTS: Glock 27 Nickel Boron coated 2 tone
    American Defense 20 MOA mount, AK47 AK74 Bullpup kit, Midwest AK rails Krink
    WTS: 7n6 5.45x39 spam cans / Crates IE area Riverside San Bernardino

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1