Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Recommend me a .357 cowboy revolver!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mikenewgun87
    In Memoriam
    • Jul 2011
    • 7732

    Recommend me a .357 cowboy revolver!

    Being looking for a holster for my Ruger SP101 4.2 inch.

    Found very few but they were not able to fit on a 2inch leather cartridge belt I want to carry the spare rounds on. I plan on keeping cartridge belt, revolver, ammo and maybe the lever action rifle in my truck.

    Whats some good revolver I can trade in my Ruger SP101. For?
  • #2
    artb
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    • Feb 2014
    • 1552

    Rger GP100 4"
    Accurate and reliable.

    Comment

    • #3
      POLICESTATE
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Apr 2009
      • 18185

      For western revolver, I used to own a Ruger Vaquero in .45 LC, wish I had gotten one in .357 though.

      I might though once I get to Texas but there is a long list of guns I plan to get once I get there
      -POLICESTATE,
      In the name of the State, and of the School, and of the Infallible Science


      sigpic


      Government Official Lies
      . F r e e d o m . D i e s .

      Comment

      • #4
        ESPONDA
        Member
        • Mar 2012
        • 366

        Uberti is closest to actual cowboy pistol authentic so Taylor's or Cimarron is made distributed in USA by them. Uberti is now owned by Beretta, check out Able's Ammo or Buffalo Arms or Buds Gun Shop online for cowboy action revolvers
        ...it's for the kids...

        Comment

        • #5
          ProtectThe2nd
          In Memoriam
          • Mar 2016
          • 1225



          Uberti case hardened single action .357 / what a beauty / what a trigger!!!
          sigpic
          ESCAPE IF YOU CAN


          A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

          "The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding." - The United States Supreme Court -

          Comment

          • #6
            obpwankel
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2009
            • 754

            Taylors& co has the smoke wagon. Looks awesome, but i think is SA

            Comment

            • #7
              Barbarossa
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2008
              • 4436

              I really like the El Patron's

              I'd love to buy a pair of them someday.



              Looking for a 3" Magnum 870 $200-$250ish

              Comment

              • #8
                TMB 1
                Calguns Addict
                • Dec 2012
                • 7153

                Holster for a Single Six should work. I use a Hunter 1100X52 for my Single Six and my S&W model 60 with 5" barrel fits, It's about same size as SP101 with a little longer barrel. I did have to punch a hole and use a piece of leather shoe string to hook the hammer with. The strap that snaps over trigger guard on Single Six doesn't hold the S&W in.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  Barbarosa
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 2166

                  To me the term, "Cowboy" indicates you are looking for a single-action revolver. If you want it to look real Cowboy, a Colt SAA or one of the clones. For strength, go with any of the Ruger SA's, but if you can find an old, used Ruger Flattop you'd really be stylin'.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ojisan
                    Agent 86
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Apr 2008
                    • 11781

                    If you liked your SP-101, then I would suggest a Ruger New Vaquero.
                    In .357 it is strong enough for hot loads and can safely be carried with 6 rounds in the cylinder.
                    Go with a New Model Blackhawk if you want adjustable sights.

                    Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                    I don't really care, I just like to argue.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      orangeusa
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 9055

                      Uberti makes both 5 and 6 shot SAA guns. I.e. they have 6 shot cylinders, but like the Cattleman - has the Peacemaker hammer, which you should load 5 bullets in.

                      The Horseman has a transfer bar like the Rugers and you can safely load 6. I had a Beretta Stampede, but it's no longer made, the Horseman is the closest to it.

                      Rugers are heavier and larger, but you can load much hotter rounds, but that may not apply as much in .357 world as much as in 45 Colt.....

                      I dig the Horseman I bought to replace the Stampede. It is light and has great quality and looks for a VERY fair price. I got it off GunBroker NIB for a great price.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Frotz
                        Member
                        • Jun 2012
                        • 417

                        Wow! Uberti makes new top-break revolvers??? What would it take to get them to make some new Webley top-breaks in some modern chambering?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          ojisan
                          Agent 86
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Apr 2008
                          • 11781

                          Originally posted by orangeusa
                          Rugers are heavier and larger, but you can load much hotter rounds, but that may not apply as much in .357 world as much as in 45 Colt......
                          Just to clarify:
                          The Ruger New Model Blackhawks are hell for strong and can be heavily loaded in .357, .44 Mag or .45 Colt.
                          The Blackhawks are one frame size larger than a Colt SAA.
                          The "old" Vaquero is a Blackhawk with fixed sights.

                          The New Vaquero is the same size as a Colt SAA and the various SAA clones.
                          It has a smaller frame and smaller diameter cylinder than the Blackhawks.
                          Because of the smaller diameter cylinder, the chamber walls are thinner so you can't use magnum type .45 Colt loads in it.
                          The .357 Magnum version cylinder walls are plenty thick so you can use full power .357 loads in it.

                          Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                          I don't really care, I just like to argue.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            orangeusa
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 9055

                            Originally posted by ojisan
                            Just to clarify:
                            The Ruger New Model Blackhawks are hell for strong and can be heavily loaded in .357, .44 Mag or .45 Colt.
                            The Blackhawks are one frame size larger than a Colt SAA.
                            The "old" Vaquero is a Blackhawk with fixed sights.

                            The New Vaquero is the same size as a Colt SAA and the various SAA clones.
                            It has a smaller frame and smaller diameter cylinder than the Blackhawks.
                            Because of the smaller diameter cylinder, the chamber walls are thinner so you can't use magnum type .45 Colt loads in it.
                            The .357 Magnum version cylinder walls are plenty thick so you can use full power .357 loads in it.
                            Oh, yes, you are correct. I keep forgetting that the NM Vacqueros are not like the Blackhawks or OM Vacqueros.. But my main point was to bring up that Rugers and SOME model Uberti's have the transfer bar (TB), which I am a big fan of. I never was able to feel an effect on the trigger that some dislike about the TB.

                            .
                            Last edited by orangeusa; 11-16-2016, 3:19 PM.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Citadelgrad87
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Mar 2007
                              • 16977

                              I have an old stainless blackhawk in .357. The cylander is the size of a small fist, there is a TON of beef between the borings.

                              I bet you couldnt blow one up if you tried.

                              I havent tried.
                              Originally posted by tony270
                              It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
                              Originally posted by repubconserv
                              Print it out and frame it for all I care
                              Originally posted by el chivo
                              I don't need to think at all..
                              Originally posted by pjsig
                              You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1