Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

looking for a new handgun for ccw

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tonyt22
    Member
    • Mar 2014
    • 499

    looking for a new handgun for ccw

    Looking for a new gun to start my ccw all mine so far are full size I'm looking at the xds 9 I know it's off roster will I be able to use it for my ccw or does it need to be on roster if so any suggestions striker or hammer doesn't matter would also like single stack and has to be 9
  • #2
    Doheny
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2008
    • 13820

    The Shield is very popular.

    But yes, full size gets to be a pain after a while. Good luck, let us know what you decide on!
    Sent from Free America

    Comment

    • #3
      SoCalPI
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2003
      • 1994

      You can have an off roster gun on your ccw. I second the Shield though.

      Comment

      • #4
        tonyt22
        Member
        • Mar 2014
        • 499

        I have some range time with the shield didn't really care for it but it could have been because it was in 40 cal

        Comment

        • #5
          AirWaves
          Member
          • Sep 2015
          • 170

          I shot the Shield 9MM, Is not a bad gun at all. The recoil is manageable and shooting it was comfortable.

          Comment

          • #6
            Doheny
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Sep 2008
            • 13820

            Originally posted by tonyt22
            I have some range time with the shield didn't really care for it but it could have been because it was in 40 cal
            Smaller guns in .40 can be fairly snappy.
            Sent from Free America

            Comment

            • #7
              tonyt22
              Member
              • Mar 2014
              • 499

              So that's 3 for shield any other contenders ?

              Comment

              • #8
                L84CABO
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2009
                • 8779

                Something in a Glock 19 size. Glock, M&P, XD, pick whichever one you like best. Sig P320 is an option to.
                "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

                Fighter Pilot

                Comment

                • #9
                  Divernhunter
                  Calguns Addict
                  • May 2010
                  • 8753

                  I have a Shield and I really like my Springfield EMP.
                  Also have a S&W 469 but it is a double stack and will no longer be able to use 13+ round mags so I got the Springfield EMP.
                  A 30cal will reach out and touch them. A 50cal will kick their butt.
                  NRA Life Member, NRA certified RSO & Basic Pistol Instructor, Hunter, shooter, reloader
                  SCI, Manteca Sportsmen Club, Coalinga Rifle Club, Escalon Sportsmans Club, Waterford Sportsman Club & NAHA Member, Madison Society member

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SoCalPI
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 1994

                    Originally posted by tonyt22
                    So that's 3 for shield any other contenders ?
                    If you're going off roster, take a look at Walther PPS. On roster, maybe a Kahr PM9?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Lonestargrizzly not a Cabinetguy
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Dec 2015
                      • 6504

                      Glock 17.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Red-Osier
                        Doesn't Abide
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Oct 2015
                        • 12284

                        Sig 938 or p238
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          BennyAdeline
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2016
                          • 1426

                          Pretty much and single or double stack sub compact from a reputable armory will work.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            1Fastrider
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 1294

                            XDs 9 or .45 are good choices and can use same holsters. .45 is a bit snappy but if you practice enough not too bad.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              slayer61
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2014
                              • 1402

                              I carry the P239/40 most days. Single stack, easily concealed
                              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
                              Paul

                              Confirmed Domestic Terrorist & NRA Member


                              Bobby Sands

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1