Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mexico considers expanding citizens gun rights

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hunt
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 4833

    Mexico considers expanding citizens gun rights

    Reality always occurs regardless of how much the leftist deny it.

    Protect public lands access http://www.backcountryhunters.org/
  • #2
    MikeSocal
    Member
    • Apr 2016
    • 446

    Good for them!

    Comment

    • #3
      jon94520
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2016
      • 762

      I'm wondering if these laws would make a difference at all in Mexico? It seems that there firearm laws, although strict on paper are scarcely enforced. The author of the article lost me in the opening statement" Mexico doesn't have much of a gun culture" yeah right. I also didn't appreciate the implication that all of there illegal firearms come from the Us.
      BUY AMERICAN

      Comment

      • #4
        KC_to_CA
        Member
        • Sep 2008
        • 419

        Nothing on paper guarantees implementation. My opinion anyway.

        Comment

        • #5
          Redeyedrider
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2014
          • 1744

          If they aren't going to allow the purchase of large caliber weapons "like the ones recently used in US mass shootings".........

          Then I ask, what caliber rifles will they be allowed to purchase? .223/.556 is about as small a caliber as you can get.
          We have too much to lose and so we'll lose it all - sd_shooter
          I try to frame my response to be useful to those observing, with little regard to convince the opponent of my awesomeness - EM2
          It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's impossible to win an argument with a stupid person - Whitefang
          TRUMP/NUNES

          Comment

          • #6
            8886
            Banned
            • Aug 2011
            • 1730

            Pistol carbines?

            Comment

            • #7
              Mitch
              Mostly Harmless
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Mar 2008
              • 6580

              Originally posted by Hunt
              Mexico considers expanding citizens gun rights
              Don't you mean, respecting the gun rights its citizens, like all people everywhere, already have?
              Originally posted by cockedandglocked
              Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

              Comment

              • #8
                John Henry
                Member
                • Oct 2015
                • 117

                I'd make an educated guess that one out of four Mexicans already have guns. Most of the time the police look the other way and/or the guns are hidden if they do conduct inspections-although in the rural areas the cops wouldn't dare go investigate-they'd be afraid of getting their asses shot. About 10 years ago we vacationed in my wife's birthplace in mid-Mexico around Xmas-New Years. We were warned by family not to be outside at midnight-New Years because of all the celebratory firing. It sounded like a war zone-still have some of the casings I picked up the next morning.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Jimi Jah
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2014
                  • 19276

                  Originally posted by KC_to_CA
                  Nothing on paper guarantees implementation. My opinion anyway.
                  Exactomundo. Gun rights are already in the Mexican constitution. Fill out a few hundred forms, go to Mexico City to the one semi-secret gun shop on a military base and buy a wheel gun.

                  A local SD guy with a TJ factory has a Mexican government issued CCW permit. They gave him the 9mm pistol and ammo for free too. He does have to leave it in Mexico.

                  Our famous Sheriff Gore rejected his CCW app here in San Diego. He has a CCW in a foreign country but not one here.

                  In some ways, gun rights are more available there than here.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Mitch
                    Mostly Harmless
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 6580

                    Originally posted by jon94520
                    I also didn't appreciate the implication that all of there illegal firearms come from the Us.
                    No doubt most of them do. After all, it's the closest place from which to smuggle guns, and guns are easy to get here. Why wouldn't they come from the US?
                    Originally posted by cockedandglocked
                    Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      major burnout
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Dec 2010
                      • 3860

                      Originally posted by Mitch
                      No doubt most of them do. After all, it's the closest place from which to smuggle guns, and guns are easy to get here. Why wouldn't they come from the US?
                      Since all the illegal guns come from USA, maybe we could build a wall and Mexico could pay for it. Seems fair.

                      Of course that would cut into Eric holder and obamas profit but...
                      Calguns- redacted more than Hillarys bengazi emails.

                      Originally posted by rattlesnake_nm
                      10/4 . Ranger pm'd me. I will chill on replying to insults with my own insults. Thanks for the heads up.
                      Originally posted by RickD427
                      In addition to all of the above, please note that it is illegal for you to offer an "Assault Weapon" for sale while you are in California, even if the weapon is restricted to sale out of the state.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        smoothy8500
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 3846

                        Sounds like it has a snowball's chance in the Sonoran Desert. Even the senator's own party doesn't support it.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Angrysnarf
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2015
                          • 2860

                          Good

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1