Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Oscars Gunworks and Smithing - San Gabriel

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nooneyouknow
    Member
    • Feb 2016
    • 130

    Oscars Gunworks and Smithing - San Gabriel

    I had a new gun jam bad, slide totally locked. One of the adventurous employees at LAX range was looking at it, looked at me, and said, 'don't do this' and looked down the barrel with a flashlight and determined, indeed, there was a hot round jammed in the chamber area.

    Humans, I wonder whether such bravery or stupidity is why our species has been able to move along so.

    I couldnt find a gunsmith on here or yelp or elsewhere willing to pick up the phone (neither Retting nor Cap Tactical would recommend one) (LA Area) until Oscar's picked up the phone in San Gabriel. So I took a drive out there.

    Really great shop, had Oscar dealing with me personally. Gunsmith right on premises. (Oscar is the recent new owner.) Awesome customer services. Prices struck me as out of 310/323/213/818 etc usual prices. Not crammed like Retting or TUrners and people actually chatting with the reps about what they are buying and learning. Really great experience. And they plan Cerakote on site.

    Really great place I suggest you check it out.
    267 S San Gabriel blvd Suite A-B, San Gabriel, CA 91776
    Even with the drive, its on the way to Burro, kinda, I am considering making it my regular store.

    Thumbs up!

    P
  • #2
    bsg
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2009
    • 25954

    i made numerous firearm-related purchases from Bain and Davis over the years, and Pete treated me well as did his staff. i hope the new shop earnestly tries to meet the needs of the community, and i wish them the best in that effort.

    Comment

    • #3
      OscarsGunworks
      Junior Member
      • Dec 2016
      • 2

      Thank you for the kind words! The Gun Store is finally up and running at 100%... Please stop in and say hi as we're always happy to meet and mingle with our patrons.

      NOTE: Online Store is coming soon, just need to find time to settle-in and upload products.

      Hope to see you soon at Oscar's Gunworks!

      Comment

      • #4
        I Swan
        Calguns Addict
        • Sep 2010
        • 8770

        No thanks. Never went back after being jerked around by Bain and Davis around the time of the name change. Do a search here on Bain and Davis and Oscar's before making a decision to give them business.

        Comment

        • #5
          BumBum
          Senior Member
          CGN Contributor
          • Jan 2013
          • 1607

          Originally posted by I Swan
          No thanks. Never went back after being jerked around by Bain and Davis around the time of the name change. Do a search here on Bain and Davis and Oscar's before making a decision to give them business.
          I did a search as you suggested and found mostly positive feedback. Most everything negative I found were vague comments from you in several threads with no specifics. Businesses get bought and sold and names change. Nothing sinister about that. If I bought a small business I would likely slap my name above the door, too.

          We don't have enough good gun shops or smiths in the San Gabriel Valley. I haven't checked them out but need to soon. Give Oscar that chance at least.

          By the way, what's Oscar's fee on an out-state-transfer? I currently pay $25 plus DROS, but would love an option closer than West Covina.
          sigpic
          DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is general in nature, which may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances, and is intended for informational purposes only. Consistent with Calguns policy, the information does not constitute legal advice or opinions and should not be relied upon as such. Transmission of the information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Readers should not act upon any information in my posts without seeking professional counsel.

          Comment

          • #6
            I Swan
            Calguns Addict
            • Sep 2010
            • 8770

            Originally posted by BumBum
            I did a search as you suggested and found mostly positive feedback. Most everything negative I found were vague comments from you in several threads with no specifics. Businesses get bought and sold and names change. Nothing sinister about that. If I bought a small business I would likely slap my name above the door, too.

            We don't have enough good gun shops or smiths in the San Gabriel Valley. I haven't checked them out but need to soon. Give Oscar that chance at least.

            By the way, what's Oscar's fee on an out-state-transfer? I currently pay $25 plus DROS, but would love an option closer than West Covina.
            Not when a business has 50 years of name recognition. Doesn't add up. Go there if you want I could care less than if you end up having a negative experience.

            Comment

            • #7
              stitchnicklas
              Calguns Addict
              • Feb 2010
              • 7091

              as a smith' my self...
              stuck live round is a very tricky weapon to deal with,especially if weapon is jammed together.
              had a ar15 brought in once with a live round in chamber,pulled takedowns out,removed upper and bolt.that was hardest part though.round was easy to remove...(trade secrets)...and was out...

              curious to what weapon the op had issue with

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1