Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bud's Gun Shop ammo order

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • j15w
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 869

    Bud's Gun Shop ammo order

    I placed an order for ammo. I got the dreaded notice "you have issues with your order, please call us."

    So I call this morning and they state they will not ship to me because my old address is in a restricted city (Sacramento). I had created the account years ago with that address. I explained that I moved out of the City of Sacramento 3 years ago and the shipping and billing information I gave them was my current residence (and this city allows ammo shipping).

    He asked if the address on my driver license was current and it's not. He said there is no way they can ship to me.

    Is this... a thing? What kind of moronic policy forbids shipping to someone because of where they lived years ago?
    It was just an old plywood boat, with a '75 Johnson, with electric choke. A young boy, two hands on the wheel, I can't replace the way it made me feel.
  • #2
    LeadFarmer74
    Veteran Member
    • May 2015
    • 3105

    Just buy from SGAmmo. No issues.
    NRA Lifer
    Originally posted by Click Boom
    I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!

    Comment

    • #3
      nedro
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2014
      • 4130

      OR, become a member of society and update your important info.
      3 years? Help me mommy, the bad salesman can't break law and give me what I want NOW!
      Oh, and I mean that in the most thoughtful and gentle way.

      Comment

      • #4
        j15w
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 869

        Originally posted by nedro
        3 years? Help me mommy, the bad salesman can't break law and give me what I want NOW!
        Grow up. I am asking a question. Can you tell me where this law is?
        It was just an old plywood boat, with a '75 Johnson, with electric choke. A young boy, two hands on the wheel, I can't replace the way it made me feel.

        Comment

        • #5
          pacrat
          I need a LIFE!!
          • May 2014
          • 10285

          Why would they give a flying figurehead what your DL address was? Or if you even have one?

          As long as the "Shipping Address" matches your Credit Card billing address.

          3 YEARS? Update your license slacker.

          Comment

          • #6
            LeadFarmer74
            Veteran Member
            • May 2015
            • 3105

            Originally posted by justin15w
            Grow up. I am asking a question. Can you tell me where this law is?
            No there is no law. It's a company policy.
            NRA Lifer
            Originally posted by Click Boom
            I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!

            Comment

            • #7
              j15w
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2011
              • 869

              Originally posted by pacrat
              Why would they give a flying figurehead what your DL address was? Or if you even have one?

              As long as the "Shipping Address" matches your Credit Card billing address.

              3 YEARS? Update your license slacker.
              It expires next year... address is and has been updated w/ DMV... just not on the license itself.

              And that's why I posted this. What business is it of theirs to ask this information?
              It was just an old plywood boat, with a '75 Johnson, with electric choke. A young boy, two hands on the wheel, I can't replace the way it made me feel.

              Comment

              • #8
                j15w
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2011
                • 869

                Originally posted by LeadFarmer74
                No there is no law. It's a company policy.
                Thanks. I went through all their FAQs and shipping restriction documents and couldn't find the policy that they wouldn't ship to me based upon where I lived years ago.

                Just another company to avoid (for me, at least).
                It was just an old plywood boat, with a '75 Johnson, with electric choke. A young boy, two hands on the wheel, I can't replace the way it made me feel.

                Comment

                • #9
                  golfish
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Mar 2013
                  • 10125

                  Originally posted by LeadFarmer74
                  Just buy from SGAmmo. No issues.
                  ^^^

                  I've never ordered ammo from buds but I have ordered 2 handguns and 2 long guns. They are GTG
                  It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
                  Happiness is a warm gun.

                  MLC, First 3

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    j15w
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 869

                    Originally posted by golfish
                    ^^^

                    I've never ordered ammo from buds but I have ordered 2 handguns and 2 long guns. They are GTG
                    sgammo.com and ammosupplywarehouse.com are awesome and I love them, but they didn't have the product I wanted. Believe me, I checked them first.
                    It was just an old plywood boat, with a '75 Johnson, with electric choke. A young boy, two hands on the wheel, I can't replace the way it made me feel.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      2761377
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2013
                      • 2134

                      you're looking at this the wrong way. being mad they don't want you as a customer empowers them.

                      they've informed you that they do not belong on your vendor list. which should be only for trusted, valued vendors. it is a privilege to be on my vendor list.

                      F them. there are plenty of vendors who deserve your business. move on.
                      MAGA

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        nedro
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2014
                        • 4130

                        More for me.
                        I've gotten some very good deals on hard to find ammo from Bud's.
                        But ya, F em if you live in a restricted county. Or you are too preoccupied to update your most important info.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          j15w
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 869

                          Originally posted by nedro
                          More for me.
                          Or you are too preoccupied to update your most important info.
                          What are you even on about? Both my shipping and billing address were current and unrestricted.
                          It was just an old plywood boat, with a '75 Johnson, with electric choke. A young boy, two hands on the wheel, I can't replace the way it made me feel.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            SMarquez
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2011
                            • 2216

                            I don't live in a restricted city or county but I've never had to prove residency at Targetsportsusa.com or with ammoman.com
                            Go to your City Hall or County Admin office and ask to see the ordinance prohibiting outside ammo purchases. When you changed your address you could have requested a new license and had it in less than a week. This isn't on Buds, it's on you and your local government.
                            Last edited by SMarquez; 10-10-2016, 4:19 PM.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              dyson
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2013
                              • 4342

                              Ordered ammo from buds no issues

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1