Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What to do with $1400 before election?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • uaheclipse24
    Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 429

    What to do with $1400 before election?

    Ok, so I got my work bonus. I already designated it to AR parts/ammo. So here is my question. I'm voting for the Donald, but I don't think he will win unfortunately. Hilary is desperately going to come after AR's/AK's and anything semi auto that "looks tactical". Idiot.....

    I think there will be another panic and this one may last a good while. I have $1400, what should I do with it? My buddy has a pretty much brand new PWS 308 that he will sell only to me at $1400, which I think is a KILLER deal, he is including his Troy sights, ACS and Miad with it all. Only has 100rds in it I would say.

    Now, I know a few places that still have Anderson lowers in stock at $50, or Gunbroker has some at $50-$60 as well as there are a few billet lowers on there for under $100. LPK's are still under $50 and BCG's are under $90.

    Should I stock up on the LPK's, BCG's and a few lowers? then maybe buy 1k in Wolf gold for $310? Or should I buy the PWS? I have 5 Ar's, but not a 308 yet, but I do have an FNAR 308, basically the same thing. What do think I should do or what are you planing on doing? thanks.
  • #2
    deebix
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 737

    If you already have a FNAR in 308 I would not get another one. I would use 900 of that for AR food, and the rest on magazines, spare parts like springs, and perhaps some sidearm food if you don't already have enough. The days are coming when we will look back and remember in shock how cheap "$300 for 1000 223" was...

    Comment

    • #3
      JackRydden224
      Calguns Addict
      • Aug 2011
      • 7229

      Get a MP5 barreled receiver

      PCCs are a lot of fun.

      ARs all shoot the same to me.

      Comment

      • #4
        uaheclipse24
        Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 429

        Originally posted by deebix
        If you already have a FNAR in 308 I would not get another one. I would use 900 of that for AR food, and the rest on magazines, spare parts like springs, and perhaps some sidearm food if you don't already have enough. The days are coming when we will look back and remember in shock how cheap "$300 for 1000 223" was...
        Last time I counted I have 15 GI mags and 27 Pmags. I have about 2k in brass cased .223 and about 600 in steel. I have plenty on 45 ammo and 9mm, may want some more 40 cal though. Only reason I am leaning toward the PWS is because last panic, 308 AR's were going fro over $3k each for cheap ones. Granted, they were less abundant back then. I think a barley used PWS would be at least worth double the price I pay for it.

        However, ammo can go to $600 a case + real quick, and stripped lowers can go from $50 to $250 real quick too. I remember BCG's going for $300+

        Comment

        • #5
          deebix
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2008
          • 737

          I dont think it matters how much AR's were going for last panic because we are facing a cliff in california. After assault weapon nonsense, you won't be reselling those rifles thus their monetary value is somewhat meaningless apart from what they cost for you to buy today. Always remember that we only have 1 set of hands that can carry 1 rifle at a time, sounds to me like you have quite a deck of cards to choose from already. 2k in 223 is like telling me you have 500 rounds of 22lr and are "prepared" lol..

          Comment

          • #6
            MarinRange42
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            • Apr 2015
            • 451

            When ammo is taxed and along with semi's and both are under additional registration, perhaps the market will have a glut of parts and the prices will plummet by overproduction vs sales. It seems to me that many other states will follow the NY, NJ, CA leads over the next several years. Just my opinion.

            $1400: I think that you are safe with another year of ammo prices to PA as PA does not regulate the possession or ownership in any way. So, unless you really need it now, then save your money. Luckily, CG is very aware of legislation and as long as you stay tuned in, you can still be ahead of any emergency "run" on items. I'm saying I don't see you facing an overnight increase of 40% from all dealers brick and morter retail and the online distribution channels. Here's to all that would argue otherwise due to asteroid or aliens or ww3!

            Now is a good time to save it until Black Friday and make it go farther. Save half for next year and have $2100+ to spend. You may be glad you did.

            It's less than a month to the election and Wolf Gold is only up $10.00 from it's best pricing in years. And Hillary odds are 80/20 to win this election.

            2 cents, so try not to pounce too hard fella's.

            Comment

            • #7
              mnichols
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2013
              • 2625

              Ammo.
              Reloading setup.
              Reloading components.
              Ammo.
              https://www.activejunky.com/invite/132380
              Mr.Rebates sign-up referral link: http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=1034188

              Comment

              • #8
                Oceanbob
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jun 2010
                • 12720

                To avoid registering your Rifles as Assault Weapons I would buy the items to convert them all to featureless. not much money.

                Then because of the Ammo Restrictions I would buy a Dillon 550B machine and
                Components to manufacture .223 for now. Add other calibers as money comes in.

                Primers 5,000
                Powder 10 pounds
                Boolets 5,000
                Recycle the brass.

                Yeah, expect a storm.

                Bob
                May the Bridges I burn light the way.

                Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

                Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

                Comment

                • #9
                  Oceanbob
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jun 2010
                  • 12720

                  Originally posted by mnichols
                  Ammo.
                  Reloading setup.
                  Reloading components.
                  Ammo.
                  I like this idea^^^^^
                  May the Bridges I burn light the way.

                  Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

                  Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    uaheclipse24
                    Member
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 429

                    Ya, fortunately I live in PA, not trying to rub it in. I dont think ammo over here is going up anytime, although you can never have too much of it! I may get another 1k here and there before the end of the year.

                    However, I have seen a slight rise in the availability of lowers and their cost, I really see it at gun shows. 2 months ago Anderson lowers were $55 at the shows, even when they were in stock at AIM for $40. Now they are $85-$100.

                    I'm one of those who people who puts like 5% in my 401k and the rest in guns and other stuff I think will go up in value as time goes on. So far, I have lost money in the stock morket, but have never lost money on a gun, mainly because I dont buy new ones, I collect pre 64 Winchesters, market goes up and down, but I always tend to do go with them.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      mikeyr
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2011
                      • 1554

                      Originally posted by mnichols
                      Ammo.
                      Reloading setup.
                      Reloading components.
                      Ammo.
                      All you need.... Unfortunately, $1,400 wont go far on components and equipment, I am over twice that already and I already had the equipment.
                      sigpic
                      NRA Benefactor Member
                      . CRPA Member

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        onelonehorseman
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2012
                        • 4888

                        Originally posted by uaheclipse24
                        Ya, fortunately I live in PA, not trying to rub it in. I dont think ammo over here is going up anytime, although you can never have too much of it! I may get another 1k here and there before the end of the year.
                        If Hillary wins in November, be prepared for her to start creating CA-like gun control on a federal level next year. This could include trying to restrict civilian sale of certain types of ammo, as well as the way in which ammo can be purchased.

                        What is currently CA's problem, could easily be a US problem in the not too distant future. If this happens, it will drive up cost and reduce availability.
                        Last edited by onelonehorseman; 10-11-2016, 8:08 AM.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          AceGirlsHusband
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 2651

                          Originally posted by onelonehorseman
                          If Hillary wins in November, be prepared for her to start creating CA-like gun control on a federal level next year. This could include trying to restrict civilian sale of certain types of ammo, as well as the way in which ammo can be purchased.

                          What is currently CA's problem, could easily be a US problem in the not too distant future. If this happens, it will drive up cost and reduce availability.
                          President Clinton II will need a majority legislature to pull that off. And she doesn't have that yet.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            God Bless America
                            Calguns Addict
                            • May 2014
                            • 5165

                            Spread your risks. One to register, one featureless.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              titan2
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2013
                              • 908

                              Originally posted by uaheclipse24
                              Ok, so I got my work bonus. I already designated it to AR parts/ammo. So here is my question. I'm voting for the Donald, but I don't think he will win unfortunately. Hilary is desperately going to come after AR's/AK's and anything semi auto that "looks tactical". Idiot.....

                              I think there will be another panic and this one may last a good while. I have $1400, what should I do with it? My buddy has a pretty much brand new PWS 308 that he will sell only to me at $1400, which I think is a KILLER deal, he is including his Troy sights, ACS and Miad with it all. Only has 100rds in it I would say.

                              Now, I know a few places that still have Anderson lowers in stock at $50, or Gunbroker has some at $50-$60 as well as there are a few billet lowers on there for under $100. LPK's are still under $50 and BCG's are under $90.

                              Should I stock up on the LPK's, BCG's and a few lowers? then maybe buy 1k in Wolf gold for $310? Or should I buy the PWS? I have 5 Ar's, but not a 308 yet, but I do have an FNAR 308, basically the same thing. What do think I should do or what are you planing on doing? thanks.
                              I'll help you....if you don't know....just send it my way, I have all kinds of things I would like to buy!!!
                              UT - Done
                              AZ - Done
                              NV - Done
                              CA - Done

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1