Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Interesting Talk with my Wife Tonight

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Curtis
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2008
    • 1443

    Interesting Talk with my Wife Tonight

    During dinner, my wife brings up the murder-suicide. To cut to the chase, she feels that the family would not have been killed if the father didn't have a gun. My counter argument was the postpartum depression murders from the past. I used the "if there were only showers and no bath tubs in the house, the kids would be alive" argument.

    Apparently see is "anti-gun" now...because I was shot. As we hugged she said, "you're still pro-gun, even with a bullet in your neck." My response: "so anti-gun, but you have a gun in your bedroom." She responded with, "see how much I love you?" and followed up with a quick "I could make you get rid of the guns." When see saw my "**** you!" grin she asked, "you would get rid of the guns if I asked you to?" After no response she says, "you then say 'yes, dear'" I said, "Dear, I don't want you to loose two arguments in one night."

    First it was Obama, now this. And I know were it started: DAMN YOU OPRAH!




    And for the record: After I was shot, she had to deal with me on a vent in a coma, paralyzed, unable to walk, talk, or even write. Two weeks solid in the hospital. Our boys had their 3rd birthday in a hospital room with dad on a vent, unable to talk. And then unable to tie my shoes, button a shirt or pants, and no use of my arm for months. And never once did she ask me to sell my guns or ask me not to not shoot again....so I cut her a lot of slack.
    Last edited by Curtis; 01-28-2009, 12:33 AM.
  • #2
    devildog999
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2008
    • 5534

    LMAO, that is one of those no win situations right there

    luckily, my wife is pro gun
    Originally posted by TRAP55
    Or your ammo stash has replaced your wifes parking spot in the garage.
    When my neighbor asked what all those crates were, I told him if he sees smoke coming from my garage, and me running down the street......he better catch up!
    Originally posted by Steve O
    Just go to safeway to shop for food. The young good looking couple buying healthy food...they're a new couple. The fat ones wearing ****ty clothes not caring about how they look, getting frozen food...they're married!

    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      nick
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2008
      • 19152

      +1, damn Oprah
      DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

      DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        Mike's Custom
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2007
        • 872

        Well, I can understand her dislike for firearms. But, Archie bunker said it best when discussing gun control with Meathead. Archie said, what, you want they should all be pushed outta windows? I can hear him saying it now. If someone is going to kill someone else there are a lot of ways to do it and and you can't stop them all. Well you can, but then you would have to kill everyone.
        "Gun control is not about guns, it is about control"

        Mike's Custom Firearms 661-834-7836
        http://mikescustomfirearms.com/

        Comment

        • #5
          Super-Dave
          Junior Member
          • Sep 2008
          • 48

          My wiffe is Anti-Gun to but she lets me have my fun. I dont hunt with my guns, I just like guns and love to go to range and put rounds down range. I never come home pissed off

          Comment

          • #6
            ar15barrels
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 57175

            Originally posted by ENG417
            During dinner, my wife brings up the murder-suicide.
            You lost me right there.
            Nothing after that makes any sense.
            Randall Rausch

            AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
            Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
            Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
            Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
            Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

            Comment

            • #7
              85FourEyedGT
              Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 453

              If you dont mind me asking how did you get shot?

              Im sure your wife is a bit traumatized after your situation, was she like this before?
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                Theseus
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2008
                • 2679

                My wife kind of eluded to the same thing...not about the murder suicide. . .she just doesn't understand why I have to be the one that OC's. Why it is US that has to suffer. . . why can't it be someone else.

                I could have been a hard *** about it, but I find that often they simply need reassurance. They just need to be reminded sometimes that your guns aren't more important to you than she is.

                Of course this isn't true, but you overlook it when she says you are the biggest and best she has ever had and she will do the same when you agree on this.**AND BY AGREE I DON'T MEAN GETTING RID OF THEM, SIMPLY AGREEING THAT YOU WOULD.
                Last edited by Theseus; 01-28-2009, 1:36 AM.
                Nothing to see here. . . Move along.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Curtis
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2008
                  • 1443

                  Originally posted by 85FourEyedGT
                  If you dont mind me asking how did you get shot?

                  Im sure your wife is a bit traumatized after your situation, was she like this before?
                  It was a ricochet during shooting in the desert. I posted some info and pictures in this thread: Pix Second post down...can't miss it.

                  She has never been against guns. She has only made two anti-gun comments: the first was during a news story during the elections regarding the run on guns and this one.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    scewper
                    Member
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 294

                    subtitles please?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      B.D.Dubloon
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 4873

                      Holy ****! I am glad you are okay.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        spddrcr
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 1585

                        man what an experiance, you know what they say about experiance right. Ive been through this same sort of thing with my wife but it was motorcycles not guns. when i crashed my bike 1 hour before my wife was to graduate from uc davis things looked bleak but she never asked me to stop riding. after being hit by some idiot who was late picking up his daughter and spending 12 hours in what they thought was a coma, relearning how to walk, relearning all of my friends and familys names, and basically how to live all over again she finally asked when i would give it up. my response was when she told me to and she has yet to this day. if she asked me to i would in a second though as it's not worth throwing everything away for.

                        now my guns? there's no way in hell i would give those up
                        blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
                        blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
                        blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

                        "wildhawker
                        People generally do what they want, not what they can, or should."

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Capt. Speirs
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2008
                          • 1232

                          Just tell her, think about those people in the Katrina disaster that got their guns confiscated, no way to protect themselves from the looters and muggers. If you are prepared for a disaster with food and water, how are you going to protect it.
                          _____________________________________________
                          South Coast Outdoorsman
                          2736 E Chapman Ave
                          Orange CA 92869
                          714-532-4867
                          T - F (11 - 7pm) Sat (10 - 5pm) - closed Sun & Mon
                          _____________________________________________

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Glock22Fan
                            Calguns Addict
                            • May 2006
                            • 5752

                            You don't often hear of people who had a bad car accident giving up their cars. The benefits of car (and gun) ownership outweigh the risks.
                            John -- bitter gun owner.

                            All opinions expressed here are my own unless I say otherwise.
                            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Full Clip
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 10266

                              At least you can talk about it.
                              That's what's important in the relationship.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1