Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Had a short debate with an anti..

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mif_slim
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Apr 2008
    • 10089

    Had a short debate with an anti..

    Dialogue:

    Her: I think there should be gun control. I dont think anyone should own a semiauto for "protection" (she uses her fingers to quote Protection).
    Me: have you seen that chinese lady who got home invaded?
    Her: Yes.
    Me: She had a semiauto. It saved her life.
    Her: Humm.. thats a good point. Well, i dont think anyone should have the right to carry a gun in public.
    Me: Have you seem the crossroad stabbing?
    Her: Yes.
    Me: He was stopped by a USPSA 3-gun competition shooter.
    Her: Well if he was that good, he doesnt need a semiauto.
    Me: It falls back to the chinese women. What if there were more shooters/stabbers?
    Her: ............ you have a point. Well, all the points you brought up are the good ones. How about all the other killings?
    Me: Like the ones in Chicago? Where thugs kills thugs or suicide? You know, Obama said "if we can only save 1 life." That Chinese lady was saved by her gun, more people were saved by the 3-gun shooters... so then theres really no need for gun control right?
    Her: I suppose your right.....never thought about it that way.

    It was fun.
    Originally posted by Gottmituns
    It's not protecting the rights of the 1%, it's IMPOSING new laws because of the 1%.
  • #2
    iMigraine
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2011
    • 896

    If she really started to think about your points than awesome. Good on you!
    sigpic

    No Agenda Podcast - Obedience is best.

    Comment

    • #3
      Capybara
      CGSSA Coordinator
      CGN Contributor
      • Feb 2012
      • 15653

      Unusual for an anti to actually consider facts. She must have more intelligence than zealotry?
      NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        Aeneas
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2014
        • 1127

        Not everyone can be reasoned with, but most people can. If we all talk to enough people, there can be some change. Great job.

        I do however, try to point out the difference between a utilitarian view, and a fundamental human rights view, i.e. the good that guns do vs an undeniable right to self preservation of a free person. Both are great points, but one absolutely cannot be infringed upon.

        Comment

        • #5
          mif_slim
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Apr 2008
          • 10089

          Well, i sure hope she takes it into consideration.
          Originally posted by Gottmituns
          It's not protecting the rights of the 1%, it's IMPOSING new laws because of the 1%.

          Comment

          • #6
            Aeneas
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2014
            • 1127

            Originally posted by Capybara
            Unusual for an anti to actually consider facts. She must have more intelligence than zealotry?
            I think that most do, if you can cut through the fog of the Leftist talking points and "common sense."

            Comment

            • #7
              ZombieLivesMatter
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2016
              • 2533

              That if awesome, from my experience antis ignore factual data, including my anti-gun family members and friends.
              Originally posted by gwgn02
              G-shock, a good way to tell the time, and better way to tell the female variety you are unworthy mating material.

              Comment

              • #8
                Barang
                CGN Contributor
                • Aug 2013
                • 13408

                She's just ignorant because an Anti cannot process logic, loud and obnoxious.

                Comment

                • #9
                  MrBlond
                  Member
                  • Jun 2010
                  • 338

                  Of course it's a "her".

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Milsurp Collector
                    Calguns Addict
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 5884

                    Originally posted by mif_slim
                    Dialogue:

                    Her: I think there should be gun control. I dont think anyone should own a semiauto for "protection" (she uses her fingers to quote Protection).

                    Her: Humm.. thats a good point. Well, i dont think anyone should have the right to carry a gun in public.

                    Her: Well if he was that good, he doesnt need a semiauto.
                    Reminded me of this:

                    Revolvers are not pistols

                    pistol nouna handgun whose chamber is integral with the barrel
                    Calling a revolver a "pistol" is like calling a magazine a "clip", calling a shotgun a rifle, or a calling a man a woman.

                    ExitCalifornia.org

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      meanrock
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2015
                      • 847

                      At the start of every discussion, first consider if either listener will never change their mind no matter what is said. If that is true, then it's not really a discussion.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        SgtMerc
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2011
                        • 767

                        Originally posted by MrBlond
                        Of course it's a "her".
                        Really? You've never met a male anti?
                        RIP Cpl Contreras, Sgt Atwell and LtCol Raible.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          SgtMerc
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2011
                          • 767

                          Originally posted by Barang
                          She's just ignorant because an Anti cannot process logic, loud and obnoxious.
                          Did you even read the post? Sounds like she wasn't an anti so much as an on-the-fence person with no previous exposure.
                          RIP Cpl Contreras, Sgt Atwell and LtCol Raible.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            myk
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 5955

                            Originally posted by SgtMerc
                            Did you even read the post? Sounds like she wasn't an anti so much as an on-the-fence person with no previous exposure.
                            And that's just it: many people would side with us if they were given a chance to hear our side and the logic of our position. At least I think they would...


                            I don't always save the world, but when I do, it's in 24 hours or less...

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              LAKings22
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2012
                              • 1781

                              Originally posted by myk
                              And that's just it: many people would side with us if they were given a chance to hear our side and the logic of our position. At least I think they would...
                              You can't blame them. They have no experience with firearms. All they know is what the media feeds them and the first image that comes to there mind is a scene from some movie. I've talked to plenty of coworkers/friends/family that felt that way. Most of the responses I get at the end are "guns are scary". I offered to take the to the range and pay for everything so they can get first hand experience.

                              The worst experience I had was talking to a 2 AK type rifle and multiple handgun owning Anti (yes they exist). Guy would not let me talk, kept talking over me, getting loud. When he was done I offered to take him to LGS and he can PPT me his rifles and handguns, since he feels firearms are evil and should be banned. Then he got more mad because I wanted to "take" his firearms. I had to step away and ask myself if I was being trolled but according to my brother in law, he's serious.

                              Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1