Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Outside CA purchase

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nooneyouknow
    Member
    • Feb 2016
    • 130

    Outside CA purchase

    I see something listed in AZ for a really nice price. It is a revolver that is allowed in CA. If I buy, ship to an FFL, do I have to let it sit at the FFL for 10 days before I can pick it up?

    P
  • #2
    Mitch
    Mostly Harmless
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Mar 2008
    • 6580

    Yes. After you go to the FFL to DROS it.

    Be sure it's on the Roster, or Roster-exempt.
    Originally posted by cockedandglocked
    Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

    Comment

    • #3
      SkyHawk
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Sep 2012
      • 23531

      You have to wait for it to arrive at your FFL, wait for your FFL to check it in, then you go down and DROS, pay a transfer fee on top of that (an extra $25 - $125 depending on the FFL you choose, which may kill the good deal you think you are getting), pay SALES TAX, and wait ten days and come back to pick it up.

      And 'revolver allowed in CA' is famous last words said by guys who find out the hard way there are subtleties. Especially with S&W revolvers. It is not as obvious as you would think it might be to know the gun you are about to order is the same one on the roster, so triple check with your transfer FFL before you order.

      And handguns processed as dealer transfers are subject to the one in thirty rule, so you cannot DROS it until 30 days have passed from the last handgun you bought from a dealer or as a dealer transfer.
      Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1