Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

First Rule violation....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 7x57
    Calguns Addict
    • Nov 2008
    • 5189

    First Rule violation....

    I used to think the "first rule of gunfighting" was just humor of the "state the obvious" variety. I didn't realize that some people actually need the first rule stated to help them avoid situations like this:



    I suppose this is going to feed another round of "handgun stopping power" threads too. But what about the burning unaddressed question of "arrow stopping power?"

    7x57
    sigpic

    What do you need guns for if you are going to send your children, seven hours a day, 180 days a year to government schools? What do you need the guns for at that point?-- R. C. Sproul, Jr. (unconfirmed)

    Originally posted by bulgron
    I know every chance I get I'm going to accuse 7x57 of being a shill for LCAV. Because I can.
  • #2
    eighteenninetytwo
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 1545

    And the question which will never be addressed by the media is of course. How many people could she have put an arrow in without the Concealed carry folks.

    Comment

    • #3
      Greg-Dawg
      Banned
      • Oct 2006
      • 7793

      Don't bring a bow and arrow to a gun fight.

      Comment

      • #4
        USN CHIEF
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Nov 2007
        • 11540

        Good job to the CCW holders. At least they were able to neutralize the threat. and even though the girl did not die, they prevented her from hurting additional innocent people.
        Originally posted by tankerman
        I think most folks bubba their AR's because they watch too many action movies, play too many video games and don't understand how to socialize properly, so they fantasize about being 'action hero's'. Kind of like little girls playing dress-up.
        Originally posted by Douglas711
        Is everybody stocking up on guys now? Just curious some gun prices seem to be getting high.

        Comment

        • #5
          shmeare
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2008
          • 690

          +1...

          Originally posted by USN CHIEF
          Good job to the CCW holders. At least they were able to neutralize the threat. and even though the girl did not die, they prevented her from hurting additional innocent people.

          Comment

          • #6
            Bruce3
            Senior Member
            • May 2008
            • 1249

            CCW saves the day!

            Comment

            • #7
              N6ATF
              Banned
              • Jul 2007
              • 8383

              WTF...

              Comment

              • #8
                JDay
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Nov 2008
                • 19393

                Don't bring a bow and arrow to a gun fight.
                Someone forgot to tell that to Rambo.

                Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

                The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

                Comment

                • #9
                  pnkssbtz
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 3555

                  BTW, the 2 CCW holders in that incident are members of Arfcom and posted about the incident.

                  Can't find the thread, but here is a cut & paste from a copy on another site:

                  Okay, from the top: In my office when I hear my boss SCREAMING something. I run out to the reception area (RA) and see him with a small 380 drawing a bead on some chick with a COMPOUND BOW - and I see my friend standing with a ****ing arrow IN HIS CHEST. Boss has the gal covered so I drag my friend into his office to get him out of the line of fire should she draw again.

                  I RUN out of his office, thru a side exit and retrieve my HK from my vehicle. Woman now in conference room (CR) in the front of the building. I position myself outside in the parking lot on a vehicle to watch her hunkered down in the CR. I can see her clearly, boss now cannot see her as there is a wall blocking his view.

                  My intent is to keep he in that CR so she doesn't get to anyone else.

                  A few minutes go by and she sees my employees exiting the building through an alternate exit going across the parking lot. She stands up and points a SA pistol at them (first time I saw a pistol) so I double tap 2 rounds right over her head to drop her down again in the corner of the CR. She drops.

                  Several minutes later she hears something in the RA, where boss is with his 380, and she stands up again and points the gun at the wall as if she's about to shoot through the wall (potentially at boss or our man down and 2 employees that are tending to him.

                  I shoot again a gnats *** over her head and she drops again. Now before you guys hammer me for not tapping her CM (which I could have as I shoot regularly), I learned when I was dragging my friend away that this woman is the daughter of one of our engineers. She has severe mental issues. My goal again was to keep her in that CR until HPD arrived.

                  That didn't happen.

                  A few minutes later she charges out of the CR and my boss unloads his 380 on her (6 rounds). I flank the vehicle I'm behind and take bead to the front door. I see her down on the floor, some blood under her. I enter with my weapon covering her every second and verify that the pistol had been dropped and was a good 15 feet from her.

                  I try to apply compresses to her wounds (one knee and one upper chest near shoulder). She's freaking out screaming that I work for the devil and I'm a coward for not killing her. I back off and then saw something that I didn't ****ing expect.

                  She got up, grabbed her bow and went back into the CR! Remember that boss is out of ammo as his 380 is a little bitty bug. I retreat to the entryway of my friend's office where he is down, arrow in chest, (with 2 other employees), knelt, and drew a defensive hard sight bead on that CR door with my finger on the trigger.

                  I told her that if she came out of that room I would shoot her before she got a single step. Must have taken HPD 25 minutes to arrive and enter but they finally entered and shot her several times (not sure how many actual hits).

                  Found out that friend is going to be okay as the arrow went all the way across his chest but was not deep with respect to the front of his body. Not sure if the arrow clipped lungs or not. Will see him tomorrow.

                  ****.

                  Not your average day at the office.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    N6ATF
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2007
                    • 8383

                    The ARFcom thread was removed. It was in the Hometown Texas forum.



                    Cached!



                    25 minutes for PD to arrive. Freaking BRILLIANT!
                    Last edited by N6ATF; 01-22-2009, 5:28 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      nooner
                      Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 184

                      Holy guacamole batman. That's brutal!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        pnkssbtz
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 3555

                        TWENTY FIVE MINUTES! Shots fired with a person down even. What were they doing, using donuts as suppositories?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          JDay
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 19393

                          Originally posted by pnkssbtz
                          TWENTY FIVE MINUTES! Shots fired with a person down even. What were they doing, using donuts as suppositories?
                          They probably had to pickup crime scene tape and film for their cameras. Remember, the police are highly trained at securing a crime scene and taking statements.
                          Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

                          The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            rcp916
                            Junior Member
                            • Oct 2008
                            • 4

                            I hope they got the rest of the day off with pay.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              rabagley
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Apr 2008
                              • 7180

                              Now, I always thought that the first three rules of gunfighting were:

                              1) Don't be in a gunfight.
                              2) If you have to be in a gunfight, bring a gun.
                              3) Bring enough gun.

                              Seems like she completely dropped the ball on all of those... Also, I do have some respect for little capguns. At least he had it with him. If you have to choose, better to violate #3 than #2. The .380 in your pocket is better than the 1911 sitting at home in the safe.
                              "Ecuador offers the United States $23 million a year in economic aid, an amount similar to what we were receiving under the tariff benefits, with the purpose of providing human rights training that will contribute to avoid violations of people's privacy, that degrade humanity," --Fernando Alvarado

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1