Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Las Vegas Full Auto Ranges

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    sigstroker
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2009
    • 19864

    Full auto is going to be expensive anywhere. When guns are worth $20k and up, wear and tear costs a lot more. And sure, shooting outside is more fun, but you'll roast in the desert. With subguns I'd rather be inside. However, there is an outfit or two in Vegas that takes you out into the desert. For just a couple guns, it will be really expensive.

    For the OP, Thompsons are boring. I've shot an MG42, it's fun. The BAR would probably be my choice even though I've never shot one. Sterlings are nice, maybe even a STENch. M60 is my favorite.

    Comment

    • #17
      Bob Hostetter
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 1291

      The Pro Gun Club has the best set up of all of them.

      Comment

      • #18
        aschooley
        Junior Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 68

        It doesn't help you for this Vegas trip, but if you happen to find yourself in Salt Lake City or Ogden Ut. Impact Guns is an awesome stop. They use the "netflix" system of gun rental, like $5-10 and exchange for anything you want for the hour and just buy their ammo at essentially online prices. I've used their UZI, M4 sbr, AK47 and Thompson. I must say the Thompson was my favorite.

        Comment

        • #19
          NickMc
          Member
          • Jun 2012
          • 280

          Had a blast at the Gun Garage

          Comment

          • #20
            userformerlyknownasfitty
            Senior Member
            • May 2016
            • 501

            Thank you all for your suggestions. Just woke up about two hours ago. I'll check out some of the suggestions you all made, and I will make sure to take note of the places in other ranges.

            I agree it's a rip off, but it's an experience I've never had the pleasure of knowing. I'll probably just drop down enough to shoot two guns.

            Comment

            • #21
              audiophil2
              Senior Member
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Jan 2007
              • 8736

              Bring your own ar15 and you can install full auto parts and run my drop in sear. Nothing like shooting your own gun in full auto.

              I also have a sten, 1919, a few other ar15s. I should have a select fire glock 19 in a few weeks.

              For full auto 22 suppressed I have a 5 acre run and gun course with 14 stations.
              sigpic


              Private 10 acre range rentals
              [/URL]

              Comment

              • #22
                userformerlyknownasfitty
                Senior Member
                • May 2016
                • 501

                Audiophil, that is a super generous offer! I don't have an AR platform at the moment, but this is another reason why it would be a good move.

                So I decided that I will go with Pro-gun club since they offer 50 rounds for $55 on subguns where others charge the same for 25. Will probaby do either the sten, greasegun, or mp40, and a BAR just because. Going to eat at the top of the world tonight. Hopefully the food is good and I'm not just paying for the view.

                Comment

                • #23
                  myk
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Sep 2012
                  • 5955

                  I thought modern lower receivers were built so you couldn't use a DIAS?


                  I don't always save the world, but when I do, it's in 24 hours or less...

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    baekacaek
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2014
                    • 631

                    Originally posted by myk
                    I thought modern lower receivers were built so you couldn't use a DIAS?
                    Yeah that's what I thought too

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      MrOrange
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 2262

                      I'd vote for Battlefield, just to thank the owner for the honest up-front reporting on the break downs that he sees there. Also, for the baby boomers, they have a Wild Geese package!

                      Originally posted by myk
                      I thought modern lower receivers were built so you couldn't use a DIAS?
                      DIAS's (DIASes?) are designed for obstructed AR lowers, the obstruction is there to keep you from running an M16 auto sear.

                      Glommed from the web, not mine:

                      I meant, it is my opinion that...






                      I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence
                      I would advise violence. - M. Gandhi
                      You're my kind of stupid. - M. Reynolds

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        waawaaweenie
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        • Apr 2008
                        • 659

                        I recommend the gun store in Vegas too

                        back when they did the first scary gun ban, I took my Mac 11 over there to sell it to them and promptly took all the money and spent it on renting a MP-5

                        so worth it.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          audiophil2
                          Senior Member
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 8736

                          Originally posted by myk
                          I thought modern lower receivers were built so you couldn't use a DIAS?
                          Some are. Most will work. Low shelf lowers work. Usually the manufacturer will state if the lower is dias compatible. I had to mill out my rock river lower a little but it fit perfectly in my spikes crusader and a very old colt. It fits in a sig mpx but that gun needs a special bcg or custom trip. It does not come with a full auto carrier.
                          sigpic


                          Private 10 acre range rentals
                          [/URL]

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            userformerlyknownasfitty
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2016
                            • 501

                            So I went to Pro gun club and had a blast! I was at first disappointed, because almost every gun I wanted to try was non operational. No greasegun, no sten, no mp40, and saddest of all no BAR. So instead I chose to go with the full sized Uzi and the suppressed sterling.

                            It was quite a feeling when you're looking down the sights of a full auto Uzi, knowing this will be your first burst of full auto. The Uzi was nice, but I found it to be inaccurate.
                            The sterling, however, shot like a dream. I hot near every target, and full auto never seemed so smooth. For a young California boy who had never had the experience before, this was amazing.
                            Got a second round on the sterling because it was so fun

                            Staff were friendly and didn't treat us like dumb children even though we were young Californians.

                            I would definitely give my business to them again. This experience was also a big motivator to get rich and move so that I can own these guns. Thank you all for the suggestions.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              audiophil2
                              Senior Member
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 8736

                              The STEN is one of my favorites. Slow rate 9mm is sweet. If the mags were easy to load I would use it more than my 9mm selectfire AR.
                              sigpic


                              Private 10 acre range rentals
                              [/URL]

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                I Swan
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Sep 2010
                                • 8770

                                I may buy a Mac10 full auto of some sort when I move to AZ. About the only full auto I can more easily afford.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1