Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Marksmen Trick Shots

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SammieT
    Banned
    • Mar 2014
    • 901

    Marksmen Trick Shots




    Cool video
  • #2
    Palmaris
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2009
    • 6501

    Cool video, thx for sharing.
    sd_shooter:
    CGN couch patriots: "We the people!"

    In real life: No one

    Comment

    • #3
      SammieT
      Banned
      • Mar 2014
      • 901

      Originally posted by Palmaris
      Cool video, thx for sharing.
      Thanks and anytime [emoji4]

      Comment

      • #4
        Corpral_Agarn
        Member
        • Nov 2012
        • 465

        Cool Vid.

        Bros need to up their clay shooting game.

        Heck,
        My competition gear is sponsored by LAG Tactical!
        Check out my YouTube Channel: EvanTV

        Comment

        • #5
          SammieT
          Banned
          • Mar 2014
          • 901

          Originally posted by Corpral_Agarn
          Cool Vid.

          Bros need to up their clay shooting game.

          Heck,
          What about the rest of the stuff they do lol

          Comment

          • #6
            Thefeeder
            Calguns Addict
            • Jun 2007
            • 5007

            <>

            Originally posted by SammieT
            What about the rest of the stuff they do lol
            Its called shooting to most .....others, its trick shots

            Comment

            • #7
              Corpral_Agarn
              Member
              • Nov 2012
              • 465

              Originally posted by SammieT
              What about the rest of the stuff they do lol
              You're right, whip cracking the clays was really cool. I use a whip and will be looking into doing that some time.
              There were other cool stunts.

              Don't get me wrong, those guys are good. Better than 95% of shooters out there, probably.
              But some of us remember exhibition footage from the 50's/60's with Bill Jordan, Herb Parsons, even Ed McGivern.

              I cannot find it on YouTube, but my dad had a black and white video of some guys with 22's doing amazing stuff (for Winchester?). the splitting of the bullet for popping the balloons was one.
              In the black and white they used a knife and a 22lr. That means that margin of error is less than .22.

              The vid posted above looks like a .45. a little more diameter to work with.

              Not trying to downplay their skill. It is a good video.
              My competition gear is sponsored by LAG Tactical!
              Check out my YouTube Channel: EvanTV

              Comment

              • #8
                hardcore4sure
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2013
                • 794

                Those dudes are perty cool, bro-active!

                Comment

                • #9
                  SammieT
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 901

                  Originally posted by Thefeeder
                  Its called shooting to most .....others, its trick shots
                  Apologies for not meeting your standards [emoji4]

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SammieT
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2014
                    • 901

                    Originally posted by Corpral_Agarn
                    You're right, whip cracking the clays was really cool. I use a whip and will be looking into doing that some time.
                    There were other cool stunts.

                    Don't get me wrong, those guys are good. Better than 95% of shooters out there, probably.
                    But some of us remember exhibition footage from the 50's/60's with Bill Jordan, Herb Parsons, even Ed McGivern.

                    I cannot find it on YouTube, but my dad had a black and white video of some guys with 22's doing amazing stuff (for Winchester?). the splitting of the bullet for popping the balloons was one.
                    In the black and white they used a knife and a 22lr. That means that margin of error is less than .22.

                    The vid posted above looks like a .45. a little more diameter to work with.

                    Not trying to downplay their skill. It is a good video.
                    I would be interested in seeing that video if you ever find it

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Corpral_Agarn
                      Member
                      • Nov 2012
                      • 465

                      Originally posted by SammieT
                      I would be interested in seeing that video if you ever find it
                      All I can find is the name:
                      "Fast and Fancy Shooting"

                      It features Parsons, McGivern, Jordan, and a few others.

                      Really fun old video.
                      My competition gear is sponsored by LAG Tactical!
                      Check out my YouTube Channel: EvanTV

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        retired
                        Administrator
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 9411

                        Originally posted by SammieT
                        What about the rest of the stuff they do lol
                        That's pretty good and I know I'll never be able to do that, but here is a video done in 2007, where Tom Knapp set a record and shot 9 clays using a Benelli semi-auto 12ga. shotgun. I don't know if it has been broken, but it's still an impressive feat.

                        The video is a little over 8 minutes and the shot is at the 7 minute mark. It's worth seeing the whole video tho to watch the tricks working his way up to the 9 clays. I didn't google the record for a pump shotgun, but I'm sure there is one out there.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          SammieT
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 901

                          Originally posted by retired
                          That's pretty good and I know I'll never be able to do that, but here is a video done in 2007, where Tom Knapp set a record and shot 9 clays using a Benelli semi-auto 12ga. shotgun. I don't know if it has been broken, but it's still an impressive feat.

                          The video is a little over 8 minutes and the shot is at the 7 minute mark. It's worth seeing the whole video tho to watch the tricks working his way up to the 9 clays. I didn't google the record for a pump shotgun, but I'm sure there is one out there.

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5uHt4AwYb4
                          Very impressive shooting I must say

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1