Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bad Experience at Cordelia Gun Exchange

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ontmark
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 1237

    Bad Experience at Cordelia Gun Exchange

    Bad Experience at Cordelia Gun Exchange.

    I have decided to purchase one more Complete Modern Sporting Rifle before year end.

    I am a big SIG Fan and have decided to get a MCX. My son said at the Vallejo Gun Show last month the Cordelia Gun Exchange had one. I called Cordelia Gun Exchange on July 8th and Jesse answered the phone. I asked if they still had it and he said yes. I asked if they could hold it and I would be in Saturday the 9th to buy it. Jesse said it could not be held with no money on it. Said I could buy it now on the phone and start paperwork Saturday. I asked if it came with old parts and all the SIG accessories and he said yes. So I gave them the CC number and purchased it in full with good faith and not seeing it.

    Saturday the 9th: I was there before opening to do the paperwork. I let someone go ahead of me who was there to pick one up knowing mine was paperwork involved and I was in no hurry. Next Jesse got to me and I asked to see the rifle. He brought the rifle out and I looked at it. I asked to see the stuff it all came with and he said it was all in the box in the back. Mind you they were not busy at 11AM on Saturday. I just spent $1900 on a rifle and could not see the items included with it. Well I have faith in people and did the DROS paperwork and left with copies.

    Went back on the afternoon of the 19th about 4:30 to pick it up. Eric finalized the DROS paperwork and brought out the box. Eric opened up the box and removed the magazine and went to get one for me. All the SIG accessories were in the box but none of the original mag release or folding stock parts there. I asked Eric if I could get these as I asked for them at purchase and was told it wasn’t really a policy to give these to the customer and the folding stock parts were a no go because of California Law. I told him that a fake suppressor or long barrel extension could be installed then the folding stock would be legal. Eric even got out a tape measure and found it would need to be approximately over 4 inches. Eric said I would have to talk with Jesse. I asked when he worked next and was told he would be in Thursday the 21st.

    So I called the store on Thursday the 21st at 11:30AM. Eric answered the phone and I asked to talk with Jesse. Eric said he was with a customer at the time and asked what it was about. I gave him my name and reason and he said he would have Jesse call me back. So at about 3:30PM I tried to call them and got ahold of Eric again. I asked to talk with Jesse and again was told he is with a customer. I said it would only take a minute. Eric asked my name and said Jesse would call me back at his lunch.

    Now I am getting a little pissed. I did an online web contact stating this and asking why I was charged Sales Tax on the DROS Charge. I have inserted an image below.



    Well I got a call about 5:30 pm on my commute home that I did not answer. It was from CGE and Jesse. I returned the call at 6:30pm when I got home and got ahold of Jesse. He told me they did not charge tax on the DROS and I explained to him I did the math and that is correct just the line entry on the receipt looked as they have. The image is above.

    He said that on the SIG the parts for the mag release some of them break when they take them apart. I asked for whatever was available. He said also that that the folding stock parts could not be returned because if used it would be a Felonious Assault Weapon. I told him about the fake barrel extension or fake suppressor use and he said that the MCX Barrel is 14.5 with the flash hider welded and pinned on. So no parts are returnable to the customer.

    Well Sig’s website states barrel 16 inches and here is the actually measurement picture below. If this is a 14.5 inch barrel I will eat my shorts.



    I have two PMs to Cordelia Gun Exchange thru Calguns and another online contact us to try to discuss this with the owner.

    If it is store policy not to return original parts then say so. I do not need to be led around and BS to. My son has purchased a Mossberg here and I have this purchase. I will be going to the Central Valley where they seem to care for their Customers. Cordelia Gun Exchange seems to only care for their bank account. I always try to patronize local gun shops first. But when they seem not to care for their customers I take my business elsewhere.

    With pissed off customers and loss of business I hope them the best next year when AR style rifles are not to be sold and the shrinking of the Semi Auto Pistols maybe they can make it selling ammo.

    Thanks all for allowing this post and reading it.
    Last edited by ontmark; 07-23-2016, 9:53 PM. Reason: Insert Images.
  • #2
    omega
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2005
    • 3114

    Never buy without seeing it first, same as buying on auction, if they dont show all the parts / accessories in their description dont buy.

    Comment

    • #3
      Tovarish
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2014
      • 1615

      You know, if you are going to post one of these "bad experience at X" threads you should have a damn good reason.

      This is the risk you take when you call up a shop and ask them to take your money over the phone for something you haven't even seen, as a FAVOR. Most shops won't do that because of the possibility of this scenario.

      Sorry to rain on your parade and sorry you are dissatisfied, but I do not think the shop needs to be publicly eviscerated for this.

      Comment

      • #4
        NATEWA
        Calguns Addict
        • Jun 2012
        • 5977

        You were billed correctly.

        What exactly do you want? The stock and magazine release?

        Comment

        • #5
          NATEWA
          Calguns Addict
          • Jun 2012
          • 5977

          You have the 16" barrel?

          Comment

          • #6
            ke6guj
            Moderator
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Nov 2003
            • 23725

            Originally posted by ontmark
            Now I am getting a little pissed. I did an online web contact stating this and asking why I was charged Sales Tax on the DROS Charge. I have inserted an image below.

            FYI, you were NOT charged tax onf the DROS.

            look at the receipt, see the T in the rifle line, but not in the DROS line. that means the rifle is taxes but the DROS is not.

            and if you calculate the tax on $1899.99, you get $163.87. don't see where your issue is on this part.
            Jack



            Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

            No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

            Comment

            • #7
              NATEWA
              Calguns Addict
              • Jun 2012
              • 5977

              Overall length needs to be 30". So, are they not able to lock the stock in an open position? If in the open position, is the overall length 30"? It sounds like they don't want to sell a non CA compliant rifle, which makes sense.

              Comment

              • #8
                NATEWA
                Calguns Addict
                • Jun 2012
                • 5977

                I would install the fake suppressor on there (assuming this would make it legal with the folding stock?) and then take the rifle in and ask for the stock. I wouldn't think they would have an issue with giving you the stock then.

                Reminds me of the RRA PDS pistol. They won't sell you the folding stock until you submit your SBR tax paperwork.

                Comment

                • #9
                  icyteddy
                  Member
                  • Nov 2014
                  • 221

                  Originally posted by ke6guj
                  FYI, you were NOT charged tax onf the DROS.

                  look at the receipt, see the T in the rifle line, but not in the DROS line. that means the rifle is taxes but the DROS is not.

                  and if you calculate the tax on $1899.99, you get $163.87. don't see where your issue is on this part.
                  OP indicated he made an error when he looked at his receipt. He was charge correctly by gun shop.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ontmark
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 1237

                    Originally posted by ke6guj
                    FYI, you were NOT charged tax onf the DROS.

                    look at the receipt, see the T in the rifle line, but not in the DROS line. that means the rifle is taxes but the DROS is not.

                    and if you calculate the tax on $1899.99, you get $163.87. don't see where your issue is on this part.
                    Read my whole post and you will see I stated I was wrong about the tax on DROS.

                    I explained to him I did the math and that is correct just the line entry on the receipt looked as they have.

                    If you look at the receipt the sales tax line is under the subtotal which included the DROS so it appeared the tax was charged.
                    Last edited by ontmark; 07-23-2016, 9:59 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ZombieLivesMatter
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2016
                      • 2533

                      Sucks there was miscommunication but it looks like the store didn't do anything wrong.
                      Originally posted by gwgn02
                      G-shock, a good way to tell the time, and better way to tell the female variety you are unworthy mating material.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        ontmark
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 1237

                        I am not asking them to sell anything illegal. I am just asking for parts that they removed and are totally legal to have. If I was to add the fake suppressor then the folding stock would be allowed in California.

                        If I convert it to featureless then the Mag release would be legal to reinstall in California. The SIG Mag release is a proprietary oversized shape.

                        I am 60 years old and will retire out of state in some years. Would be nice not to have to spend the money for stuff that came with it.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          BigPimping
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Feb 2010
                          • 21481

                          There is likely blame on both sides here.
                          sigpic

                          PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                          When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                          Don't let your history be a mystery

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ke6guj
                            Moderator
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Nov 2003
                            • 23725

                            Originally posted by ontmark
                            Read my whole post and you will see I stated I was wrong about the tax on DROS.

                            I explained to him I did the math and that is correct just the line entry on the receipt looked as they have.

                            If yon look at the receipt the sales tax line is under the subtotal which included the DROS so it appeared the tax was charged.
                            it was obvious as soon as I saw the receipt that no tax was charged on the DROS. that same format is how I'd guess that 90% of all receipts are printed. that "T" tax column is all that I needed to see to know that tax wasn't charged on the DROS.

                            if the tax wasn't wrong, why even bring it up in the thread? or, just say, "I also thought they made a mistake on the tax, but I was mistaken". why go on about something that wasn't their fault?


                            Originally posted by ontmark
                            I am not asking them to sell anything illegal. I am just asking for parts that they removed and are totally legal to have. If I was to add the fake suppressor then the folding stock would be allowed in California.

                            If I convert it to featureless then the Mag release would be legal to reinstall in California. The SIG Mag release is a proprietary oversized shape.

                            I am 60 years old and will retire out of state in some years. Would be nice not to have to spend the money for stuff that came with it.
                            hindsights always 20/20 when we realize that we should have looked in the box before we committed to the sale. it would be have been much easier to say "STOP, this isn't what we agreed to. I need those parts or the deal is off" before the DROS is started.
                            Jack



                            Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

                            No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              jeremiah12
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2013
                              • 2065

                              Originally posted by ontmark
                              Bad Experience at Cordelia Gun Exchange.

                              I have decided to purchase one more Complete Modern Sporting Rifle before year end.

                              I am a big SIG Fan and have decided to get a MCX. My son said at the Vallejo Gun Show last month the Cordelia Gun Exchange had one. I called Cordelia Gun Exchange on July 8th and Jesse answered the phone. I asked if they still had it and he said yes. I asked if they could hold it and I would be in Saturday the 9th to buy it. Jesse said it could not be held with no money on it. Said I could buy it now on the phone and start paperwork Saturday. I asked if it came with old parts and all the SIG accessories and he said yes. So I gave them the CC number and purchased it in full with good faith and not seeing it.
                              The bolded part is where you made the mistake. Do not buy the gun over the phone, sight unseen. You never had a chance to inspect it or find out what their policies were. That was on you.

                              The worse that could have happened had you waited until you could go into the shop was the gun would have been sold. Had you been at the shop right when it opened, the chances of that being the case would had been small. Then you would have a chance to look it over and get all of your questions answered.

                              The one question that is most important, and only you can answer, had you waited to buy until you went to the shop and checked it out and asked all of your questions, would you still have purchased it knowing it did not come with the original mag release or folding stock? Or did you want that particular gun so bad that you would still have purchased it while still complaining they did you wrong?

                              With the Internet, it is rather easy to find a good price on just about any gun and many table-top FFLs have very reasonable transfer fees. There are a couple of FFLs already mentioned that you could have sent it to to have it configured into a CA compliant rifle before being sent to your local FFL.

                              Next time spend just half the time you used to complain to the LGS and on here to do a decent Internet search or take the time to go in person to the LGS to personally inspect and ask questions and you will not run into these problems.

                              I must be getting old, I have always preferred to deal FTF. The few guns I have purchased on-line have been C&R and came with an inspection period that allowed me to send it back if it was not as described.
                              Anyone can look around and see the damage to the state and country inflicted by bad politicians.

                              A vote is clearly much more dangerous than a gun.

                              Why advocate restrictions on one right (voting) without comparable restrictions on another (self defense) (or, why not say 'Be a U.S. citizen' as the requirement for CCW)?

                              --Librarian

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1