Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Engraving while you wait in Santa Clara area?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SonofWWIIDI
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2011
    • 21583

    Engraving while you wait in Santa Clara area?

    Like the title says: looking for engraving while you wait in the Santa Clara area.

    A buddy has some fun stuff he wants to have engraved but doesn't want to send it out or leave it.

    Suggestions?

    There was a thead about a guy who was starting up a CNC shop that mentioned he might do it (in San Jose) but I can no longer find the thread.

    Help appreciated.
    Last edited by SonofWWIIDI; 05-26-2016, 3:16 PM.
    Sorry, not sorry.
    🎺

    Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
  • #2
    russ69
    Calguns Addict
    • Nov 2009
    • 9348

    Engraving and milling are two different things,
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      SonofWWIIDI
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Nov 2011
      • 21583

      Originally posted by russ69
      Engraving and milling are two different things,
      I am painfully aware of that.

      It's is engraving, NOT milling that is requested. As per my original post.
      Sorry, not sorry.
      🎺

      Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

      Comment

      • #4
        Beatone
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • 4053

        I'd like to know also. Engraving.
        sigpicNRA Life Member

        Comment

        • #5
          38superdupper
          Member
          • Jan 2011
          • 255

          CARRILLO CUSTOMS INC. Not too far in Lodi, But will get it done while you wait.

          "IF IT'S NOT A COLT, IT'S A COPY"

          Comment

          • #6
            Tank 57
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2009
            • 4179

            If I was getting something engraved, I'd want the engraver to take his time and do a nice job. Especially on a gun.

            Comment

            • #7
              SonofWWIIDI
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Nov 2011
              • 21583

              Originally posted by 38superdupper
              CARRILLO CUSTOMS INC. Not too far in Lodi, But will get it done while you wait.

              https://www.facebook.com/Carrillo-Cu...7636838183128/
              Thanks, I'll pass that along.

              Originally posted by Tank 57
              If I was getting something engraved, I'd want the engraver to take his time and do a nice job. Especially on a gun.
              I agree. But if they use a CNC to engrave (again, not to mill) then the time consuming part is the programming. Which could probably be done ahead of time.

              But thanks for the comment.

              Please keep em coming.

              Thanks folks.
              Sorry, not sorry.
              🎺

              Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

              Comment

              • #8
                Lostsheep
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2010
                • 928

                What are you trying to have done? Artwork, text, etc???

                Comment

                • #9
                  Barang
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Aug 2013
                  • 13408

                  OP, is this the one?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SonofWWIIDI
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Nov 2011
                    • 21583

                    Originally posted by Lostsheep
                    What are you trying to have done? Artwork, text, etc???
                    Not me, but yes.

                    Originally posted by Barang
                    Not the same one, but thanks for the link!
                    Sorry, not sorry.
                    🎺

                    Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1