Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Commander, Trying to make Mine

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BlackyHouston
    Member
    • Nov 2014
    • 329

    Commander, Trying to make Mine

    The nice thing about 1911's is being able to customize them. Inasmuch, I am trying to make this gun feel like it is special to me.

    As you can see, I've gone with grips, Ambi-Thumb Safety, Beaver-Tail GS and Trijicon sights.

    I have a firing group on the way and a skeletonized trigger on the way. But still seems like it will be like "All the Others"



    Looking for thoughts on where I might go from here....

    Thank you


  • #2
    BlackyHouston
    Member
    • Nov 2014
    • 329

    Changes

    Comment

    • #3
      200Apples
      -DVC- Mojave Lever Crew
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Dec 2011
      • 7217

      .
      Hey, gun looks great.

      Looking for thoughts on where I might go from here....
      Now's the time to take a break from modding it. You have what you "need"...

      Where you go from here is:

      5000 rds of ball ammo + range time for the next six months...

      But srsly... ammo, range time, and maybe a half hour here and there with a shooting coach or perhaps a good pistol school.

      Good luck!


      :-)
      .
      "Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof

      NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked

      Comment

      • #4
        CoopsDad
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 1710

        Great looking 1911; make it yours by shooting and drilling and shooting until it's an extension of your soul. "There are many like it but this one is mine!"

        Comment

        • #5
          Griffdog
          Member
          • Jan 2015
          • 374

          Nice....I have a similar one but in stainless. You might want to change out the main spring housing and if you like mag wells get an integrated one since you already have mag well cut grips. I would put some skateboard sandpaper tape on the front strap and then go shoot it a bunch. If you want to refinish later the sky is the limit. Have fun!!

          Comment

          • #6
            dwtt
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2005
            • 7470

            Put on a suppressor. That will make your gun unique and not like all the rest.

            Comment

            • #7
              GOLDEN GUN
              Banned
              • Dec 2012
              • 2326

              Yea I built my commander in 9mm and a bobtail

              Comment

              • #8
                mrboma
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2008
                • 1307

                Originally posted by GOLDEN GUN
                Yea I built my commander in 9mm and a bobtail

                Tell me more? I am really liking this pistol GG.
                Regards,
                Mike

                Comment

                • #9
                  GOLDEN GUN
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 2326

                  Originally posted by mrboma
                  Tell me more? I am really liking this pistol GG.
                  Regards,
                  Mike
                  1911builders aluminum commander railed bobtail frame
                  Fusion firearms front,top, and rear serrations 9mm commander slide
                  Wilson combat hammer
                  Kimber grip safety
                  Kimber trigger
                  Wilson combat high ride safety
                  A combination of Ed brown, Wilson combat, and nighthawk internals
                  VZ dirty olive operator II round bottom grips

                  Sig FDE cerakote

                  I made it match my sig p238 scorpion

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Spyder
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 17269

                    Didja make it work yet?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      GOLDEN GUN
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2012
                      • 2326

                      Yep.. Recoil Spring was the culprit

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        machrono
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 637

                        Aluminum MSH. It's not even funny how heavy the stock steel one is!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          mrboma
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2008
                          • 1307

                          Originally posted by GOLDEN GUN
                          1911builders aluminum commander railed bobtail frame
                          Fusion firearms front,top, and rear serrations 9mm commander slide
                          Wilson combat hammer
                          Kimber grip safety
                          Kimber trigger
                          Wilson combat high ride safety
                          A combination of Ed brown, Wilson combat, and nighthawk internals
                          VZ dirty olive operator II round bottom grips

                          Sig FDE cerakote

                          I made it match my sig p238 scorpion
                          Thanks GG,

                          Perfect match imo.
                          Round about final cost?
                          (a bob'd commander has been on my mind for a while now)

                          Regards,
                          Mike

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            GOLDEN GUN
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2012
                            • 2326

                            I think I was around $1200 before cerakote

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Spyder
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 17269

                              Originally posted by GOLDEN GUN
                              Yep.. Recoil Spring was the culprit
                              Sweet. Let's go shoot it. It's purty.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1