Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Flying into LA From TX with SCAR for a Class

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Chuntsman949
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 2282

    Flying into LA From TX with SCAR for a Class

    Gents,

    I know this has been beaten to death, however I am wondering since I am a TX resident traveling to CA for the US Optics long range class, can I travel into CA with my 20 round mags? I fly out tomorrow and should have looked at this closer, but it just came to mind. Please advise.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.




    sigpic
  • #2
    LeadFarmer74
    Veteran Member
    • May 2015
    • 3105

    No you can't import high cap mags.
    NRA Lifer
    Originally posted by Click Boom
    I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!

    Comment

    • #3
      Chuntsman949
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2010
      • 2282

      well ****, I have a freely dropping mag release as well.... looks like i may need to go buy a bolt gun
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

      Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.




      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        kapache
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2009
        • 2595

        Comment

        • #5
          Chuntsman949
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2010
          • 2282

          ive been in free american too long, my judgement has been clouded
          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

          Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.




          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            Mitch
            Mostly Harmless
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Mar 2008
            • 6580

            Originally posted by Chuntsman949
            well ****, I have a freely dropping mag release as well.... looks like i may need to go buy a bolt gun
            Just pick up a Mini-14 and order some ten rounds mags online (since you probably can't even get them in Texas).
            Originally posted by cockedandglocked
            Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

            Comment

            • #7
              bug_eyedmonster
              • Oct 2007
              • 3639

              What muzzle device is on the SCAR? You can just pin your stock and buy a 10 round mag if you have a muzle brake without flash hider on the SCAR and run it as a featureless with a grip wrap. Cheaper to buy a grip wrap and 10 round mag than a new rifle, plus you can have the gun you wanted with you.


              Jerry
              The inconvenience of poor quality lingers long after the thrill of a good bargain.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1