Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

quick question about 30.06 and 308

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • zapatito92
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2016
    • 768

    quick question about 30.06 and 308

    whats up guys, kind of a dumb question here.
    im looking for a 10 round mag for 30.06 and found these.


    I know it says it will fit 308 and 308 based calibers, but considering that
    30.06 is a little but longer will these work ?

    I know it would work for .243 or .260 or even the 7mm

    but will these work for 30.06

    thanks in advance guys
  • #2
    penguin0123
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 3089

    Mag for what?

    A ghost gun?

    Also, google long vs. short action. "308 based caliber" means something like 243 win.

    Comment

    • #3
      tanks
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2014
      • 4038

      .308 OAL is 2.8"
      30-06 OAL is 3.34"
      Over 0.5 inch difference in length, I doubt they will work.
      "... when a man has shot an elephant his life is full"- John Alfred Jordan
      "A set of ivory tusks speaks of a life well lived." - Unknown

      Comment

      • #4
        Lonestargrizzly not a Cabinetguy
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2015
        • 6504

        Should also work for a 380

        Comment

        • #5
          zapatito92
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2016
          • 768

          Originally posted by penguin0123
          Mag for what?

          A ghost gun?

          Also, google long vs. short action. "308 based caliber" means something like 243 win.

          its for a Remington 700 adl with the arcangel conversion kit

          Comment

          • #6
            Fjold
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Oct 2005
            • 23062

            No, they will not work. They are too short.
            Frank

            One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




            Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

            Comment

            • #7
              zapatito92
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2016
              • 768

              Originally posted by Fjold
              No, they will not work. They are too short.
              that's what I figured, thanks I was only asking because I had the opportunity to pick up a 700 for a nice price but its 30.06, so I will just look for one in 308

              thanks again everyone

              Comment

              • #8
                P5Ret
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2010
                • 6395

                Originally posted by Fjold
                No, they will not work. They are too short.
                Also they're Promag so there's a chance they won't work well at all.

                Comment

                • #9
                  penguin0123
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2011
                  • 3089

                  Originally posted by zapatito92
                  that's what I figured, thanks I was only asking because I had the opportunity to pick up a 700 for a nice price but its 30.06, so I will just look for one in 308

                  thanks again everyone
                  3006 is a long action which can be re-barreled into a 308. Army's M24 is a long action eating 308. Marines' M40 is a short action.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Bullitt01
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 2013
                    • 3905

                    Originally posted by Lonestargrizzly
                    Should also work for a 380
                    This sir had me laughing

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Mr. Beretta
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Dec 2005
                      • 6614

                      Originally posted by P5Ret
                      Also they're Promag so there's a chance they won't work well at all.

                      + 1000............

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1