Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Would you have made this AR for Dillon trade?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • chickenfried
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2005
    • 7160

    Would you have made this AR for Dillon trade?

    RRA National match upper ~300 rounds good condition but two cosmetic scratches ~.5" long from jostling in the safe. Fulton Armory lower with two stage RRA trigger and RRA parts kit. Lead weight in buttstock.

    For

    Like new Dillon XL650 set up for .45 with casefeeder, Powder Check System, Strong Mount, Low Powder Sensor, Aluminum Roller Handle, Aluminum Bullet Tray, Machine Maintence Kit, Spare Parts Kit, Flip Tray Black Metal, and Determinator Electronic Scale

    AR's just been sitting in the safe. If I started shooting highpower again I planned on switching back to the M1A. Maybe it's all the chicken little posts but I couldn't shake the feeling like I might regret this later.
    Last edited by chickenfried; 01-01-2009, 3:16 PM.
    Originally posted by victor1echo
    Hollywood is satan!!!!
    sigpic
  • #2
    goathead
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 3601

    no!

    Comment

    • #3
      ocabj
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2005
      • 7924

      Well, it's too late after the fact if you already traded, but I wouldn't have done the trade.

      As fun as the M14 is, stick to the AR for HP. AR is less expensive to accurize, less expensive to shoot (lower cost for handloads/ammo), and less expensive to maintain (i.e. barrel changes).

      Distinguished Rifleman #1924
      NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
      NRL22 Match Director at WEGC

      https://www.ocabj.net

      Comment

      • #4
        chickenfried
        Calguns Addict
        • Oct 2005
        • 7160

        You're right, Ocabj. But the M1a's more fun
        Originally posted by victor1echo
        Hollywood is satan!!!!
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          rayra
          Banned
          • Mar 2006
          • 1747

          If you have more than one AR and didn't already have a reloading press, I'd say it was a reasonable trade. If the situation gets as bad as it quite probably will, you'll want to have a reloading setup as well.

          Comment

          • #6
            chickenfried
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2005
            • 7160

            I have a few more lowers. Forgot to mention I also got $125 in the deal. Seems like a fair deal but like I said I think the internet hysteria got to me.
            Originally posted by victor1echo
            Hollywood is satan!!!!
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              19114me
              Member
              • Oct 2008
              • 142

              I like it. The 650 is a nice press. Cost-wise, probably making out, but I'd be really careful on how this trade goes down (friend to friend, of thru FFL?). And with bullet prices lately, you'll probably want to augment your shooting hobby with reloading, especially w/ high-caliber rifles than a .223.

              The initial problem with getting into the reloading game is that there are more costs than just the press. You'll need...for each caliber...dies, a conversion kit, powder, primers, brass, and bullets. You might get lucky with using the same powder for different calibers. I also like to have storage containers for specific calibers. But first, buy at least two reloading guide. Read thru those first, especially on what caliber you'll be reloading. once you gety a good idea on what you want to shoot, go buy the right grain-weight bullets, primers, and powder.

              Have fun with it.
              _____________________________________
              Diplomats...the best Diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank!
              -Scotty

              Comment

              • #8
                randy
                In Memoriam
                • Nov 2006
                • 4642

                The quicker you start reloading the sooner you'll be saving money to buy another AR.

                Good deal
                I move slow but I make up for it by shooting poorly.

                When I hit the lotto I'm only shooting factory.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Mssr. Eleganté
                  Blue Blaze Irregular
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 10401

                  I don't know.

                  The AR looked a lot cooler sitting unused in your safe than the 650 will look sitting unused next to your weight lifting set in the garage.
                  __________________

                  "Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    GW
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • May 2004
                    • 16078

                    You can build another AR with what you have
                    I say good trade
                    Use the $125 towards a conversion kit, quick-change set & .308 dies.
                    sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1