Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Guns and kids

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    L84CABO
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2009
    • 8776

    Yes, those days are history.

    I'm in the camp of, "no way in hell do you give a minor unrestricted access to a firearm." Kids and hormones are just way too unpredictable...even the good kids. And even good kids can go through tough periods or have a bad day. Then there are their idiot friends and the peer pressure from those idiot friends who "just want to see it...your old man will never know." You keep it locked in your safe. If they want to see it or use it they have to ask. They don't get unrestricted access until they're 18 and out of high school...and then only if they've demonstrated that they are ready for the responsibility. You keep the combination. Period.

    And yes, I realize that many a kid growing up had unrestricted access to a .22 and/or shotgun. Times, however, have changed. The pressures on kids today far exceed what they were 30-50 years ago. And most of us are far from living in a rural type setting that allowed for hunting out your back door.
    "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

    Fighter Pilot

    Comment

    • #17
      kriller134
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2011
      • 1302

      I saw a six year old with a pistol at the pala all steel match last weekend. I talked to his dad about when he started shooting. The dad started him at 5 with a cricket and just t recently let him shoot the pistol when he was clear malfunctions by himself. I thought it was super cool they were spending time together shooting a match.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1