Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Suicide at Huntington Beach shooting range

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kingofthehill
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 1867

    Suicide at Huntington Beach shooting range

    Just took this from another forum im on... guess tonight someone put the gun on themself.










    Unexpected events at the shooting range tonight...

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I got off work early and decided to head down to the range I belong to in Huntington Beach. Rented a Kimber Custom II .45 and after the first 100 rounds I had planned on a post here about how awesome the gun was, I was having the night of my life so far (what are the rules about posting targets, anyway? I never see any here...) an after 200 rounds I called it a night.

    I had just closed the second sound door and was taking off my eyes and ears, getting ready to pay the bill, when a someone comes flying out of the door behind me...30 seconds after I walked out, the guy in the lane next to me committed suicide, popped one right in his head.

    At first when the guy started screaming about someone shooting themselves, I'm thinking he did something stupid, maybe tried to fix a jam and shot himself in the leg or something...so not really thinking at this point, I turn and ask the guy (like an idiot, now that i think back on it) "Where did he shoot himself?" And he says "In the face, there's blood everywhere!" And it still didn't really register, until one of the range attendants looks over the glass and down at the ground as he's dialing 911 and yells in the phone "Send an ambulance, we have a suicide!" Man, that was a weird feeling. My mind is racing trying to figure out if there's something I can do, and quickly I realize that's probably a futile idea but I'm feeling like I shouldn't just leave, that I should try to do something...and then realize again that at this point the only thing I'll do is see a guy with a big hole in his head, probably not the best idea (can't unsee what you've seen, all that).

    The thing is, as I went out to the desk to buy my last bag of rounds, this guy was walking in to sign up for a membership so that he could use the range alone (non-members have to be with someone for this very reason)...and in that few seconds I paid attention to him I actually thought to myself that he didn't look right, he had this dazed look on his face and he was speaking strangely calm and quiet to the guy behind the counter. instantly I thought about the range guys telling me months ago why you have to be a member to shoot alone...and BAM- 20 minutes or so later the guy shoots himself in the head.

    Sorry to rattle on, but it just happened about 45 minutes ago and I'm still weirded out...had to get it out. Thanks for the therapy session.

    Another thing to be thankful for this Christmas, being here...
  • #2
    5150Marcelo
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2008
    • 7681

    damn, this kinda stuff is too common. This has happened a few times lately. WTF is really going on. We really dont need this kinda bad press in the gun community. Wish these selfish bastards would just drive off a cliff somewhere where they wouldnt cause traffic.
    Handmade Predator/Coyote Calls!!!
    Originally posted by ColdSteel14;
    Spermicidal rubbers! On the other hand.. Man.. That spermicide doesn't taste very good. AT ALL!
    Originally posted by Slayer;
    Holy Lord....why would a dude know what spermicide taste like?
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      bigmike82
      Bit Pusher
      CGN Contributor
      • Jan 2008
      • 3876

      Holy crap, another one?
      -- 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

      Comment

      • #4
        savageevo
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2006
        • 1220

        Dammit, This doesn't sound good. I wish these idiots would just get some help then do these things. I guess its true what I hear. These things happen more during the holiday.

        Comment

        • #5
          tennisman
          Member
          • Oct 2008
          • 284

          man I go to that range a lot and take my 13 year old there too. glad he did not have to see that! buy I did tell him about it and he didnt seem to fazed by it ,, I did some checking on suicide stats and the least amount happen during the holidays . not more which suprised me! anyway Merry Chistmas to all here at the forum.

          Comment

          • #6
            stuntdummy
            Member
            • Sep 2008
            • 248

            I really feel sorry for people that feel they need to kill themselves. however, I also think shooting yourself is selfish and thoughtless with regards to the family members who may find you, or the people that happen to be there at the time of the shooting. Those people have to live with that lovely scene in their heads for the rest of their lives. So please, if you just can't go on, take some pills, or sit in your garage with the motor running, I don't know... be creative, but most of all, stay away from the range!
            Sarcasm is my weapon of choice.

            Comment

            • #7
              kicker72
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2006
              • 531

              Not uncommon, a lot of ranges will not rent you a gun if you are by yourself for this reason.
              It's better to have it, and not need it, then to need it, and not have it.
              Adaptive Training: Personal Training-Self Defense-Firearms

              My t-shirts http://www.cafepress.com/xtremesportz

              Comment

              • #8
                Titans
                Member
                • Mar 2008
                • 390

                Oh man, that just sucks. This just happened a few months ago at the range in Artesia. I don't think this is the first time at the range in HB if I remember right.

                Not sure if this is related but:

                Comment

                • #9
                  SJgunguy24
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • May 2008
                  • 14849

                  I really could care less if somebody wants to aerate their own head, but please don't make a mess............Somebody has to clean that s*** up.
                  There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
                  The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
                  The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
                  The others, well......they just never learn.

                  "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
                  Patrick Henry.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    titan
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 665

                    That's terrible, for everyone involved. Glad you did not hang around, why would you want to see and remember that. This is one of the reasons why I have not been to a public indoor range in years.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      JagerTroop
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 3922

                      That's why, when walking through the soundproof room, I never used to touch the eggcrate walls. I have heard that some people choose to end it all in there. Fortunately I don't go there anymore.

                      The HB Firing Line seems to be the hot spot to off yourself. I wouldn't be surprised if they started mounting their guns to the shooting bench, with a 15 degree swivel, so it can't be turned around.
                      -A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.*
                      *participation may vary by location. Not valid in California.

                      Originally posted by ar15barrels
                      And yes, this IS gun school.
                      Welcome to class.
                      Originally posted by bdsmchs
                      There is life outside of Calguns
                      Originally posted by IrishPirate
                      stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        biscuitninja
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 590

                        sheesh, I go to On Target, yes its expensive, but wow. Just wow, thankfully i'm known well enough and bring big enough calibers that they let me rent without a membership. Of course they charge the crap out of me... but its nice supporting the hobby and all.
                        -bix
                        Sure I work on Guns ; 105, 120 and 155mm. There was that 20" though.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          rayra
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 1747

                          'Hap-py Holidays...'

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            m98
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 2005
                            • 4088

                            Damn, frankenstein and the anti's are going to be all over this like flies on sh*t. It's gonna be like BAN this& BAN that, guns kill people,chewdren,puppies&kittens. Sad for the guy but if he couldn't go on any longer, why the heck wouldn't he not care for us calgunners who's fighting just to keep our 2A rights. Dumba55, hope his a55 goes to hell. If he had wanted to end his life so bad why not just go on a gang/mob shooting rampage or something and make it worth while dying.
                            "Screw U guys, I'm going home"...:the great Eric Cartman

                            10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore. <Trailerparktrash>

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Crusader
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 2008
                              • 2995

                              Too bad people choose to use firearms to kill themselves... gives us a bad rep.

                              Having said that, it's always sad to see someone who thinks that there are no other options in life other than death.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1