...
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
**hacked***
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
Holy Carp!!!
That's a looooooooooooong sentence.
Bro, can you even TL;DR? -
You're welcome...lol. Pardon my sloppy rewrite. I couldnt handle it.
As it says in the title, the oc-based company in CA has given me the run around. I bought two complete uppers, an ar15 and an ar308/lr308/ar10 (however you wanna classify it) .
The ar15 upper runs flawlessly. I installed my own muzzle device. I threw the Lantac dragon on there, did all the steps for the timing, and all that. I put it in my brother-in-laws vise with the m4/ar15 geissele reaction rod to keep all the stress from tighting the muzzle device (which really doesn't need much force but better safe than sorry). The ar15 worked fine.
I also threw the Lantac dragon on my ar10/lr308/ar308, which they put it all together. All I did was add the Lantac, and I did the same steps with the ar10/sr25 geissele reaction rod...now and tighting up the muzzle(?)
I put 45 rounds or so down range before the damn thing blew up completely destroyed the mag. It took a chunk out of the upper receiver, bent the firing pin somehow, and bent the entire upper reviver(receiver?) on the dust cover side.
I took it in to them and they told me it was probably bad ammo which was bull****. I resold that ammo to my bro in law who also has a juggernaut [that] shot flawlessly from that same batch of ammo.
So, then again, there I was... He took apart the bolt, inspected it, took out the bent *** firing pin, and there were all these scuff marks in it. They had the nerve to say I ground it down. Like,"what the ****, it blew up on me, you idiot"
[Then he broke] it down further, and comes to "their" conclusion that I over tightened the muzzle break "too much". [He said] that it caused the timing with the feed ramps to misalign, but then again, I think [that if] that were true: How would the bolt be fuctioning in and out?
e wry thing I firing a round(?) .....[The way it was firing a round] (?) obviously it was a defective bolt or something. However, they said "they took it to like 3 gun smiths" and said the same thing, "it's my fault". I used all the right tools. A muzzle brake doesn't need that much torque to tighten, and especially [not] enough to mis align on the [timing] when I'm using the tools for that freaking reason.
They don't back their **** up. If it was misaligned the bolt would not ****ing correctly. I thought they would have just replaced it and we move on. I don't wanna be out of a damn rifle. They were talking to me like I grinded the pin on purpose and "did this and that". Like wth.
I was shooting up in Blm land in Barstow and 40-45 rounds later boom ****ing blows up. Yeah, I would waste my time going to get a replacement of a upper I already liked for no reason.
I'm lucky It wasn't worse and I didn't get injured but come on, back your product. If you had the barrel [nut] torqued to spec and the timing was right how would using the right tools and installing a muzzle break have enough to torqe the time [of] the damn barrel? It's ridiculous how there was an excuse for everything I had to say in response to my questions and they never get back to you. I just received my upper back after going to pick it up like 2 months after dropping it off to themComment
-
Originally posted by Ant45Plenty of people who don't frequent internet forums are blissfully unaware that their guns suck.I don't understand. Is he being forced out for being an ammo-grabbing fascist or for being a failure as an ammo-grabbing fascist?Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,372
Posts: 25,147,241
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 29349 users online. 156 members and 29193 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment