Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Facebook discussion with pro gun control idiots

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    lunarkingdom
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 19

    Comment

    • #17
      lunarkingdom
      Junior Member
      • Mar 2011
      • 19

      Comment

      • #18
        lunarkingdom
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2011
        • 19

        Originally posted by Danodog
        Why are you arguing with idiots?
        I normally do not but the relentless posts about gun control are not receiving any backlash and I am home sick and cranky so I thought I would give them a history lesson and a ton of resistance so they might (doubtful) think twice before doing it again (I know wishful thinking lol).

        Comment

        • #19
          email
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2011
          • 2503

          Ask him what "well regulated" meant at the time the Constitution was framed.

          Then wait for the obfuscation, diversion or crickets.

          Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

          Comment

          • #20
            cdtx2001
            CGN Contributor
            • Apr 2009
            • 6630

            Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
            Custom made Tail Gunner Trailer Hitch for sale.
            http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...php?p=17820185

            "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid" -Han Solo

            "A dull knife is as useless as the man who would dare carry it"

            Comment

            • #21
              lunarkingdom
              Junior Member
              • Mar 2011
              • 19

              I know lol I normally do not but I am home with a pinched nerve in my back so I am cranky today ;-)

              Comment

              • #22
                vintagearms
                Calguns Addict
                • Jan 2009
                • 6841

                Bearing Arms – Saving Liberty and Lives

                Comment

                • #23
                  lunarkingdom
                  Junior Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 19

                  Thanks for the link vintagearms, I can always use more wood for the fire ;-)

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    howbobert
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 654

                    You can give vast amounts of facts, figures or quotes to them, but you will always be wrong in their eyes. Because they view themselves as the enlighten ones and if you don't agree with their opinion you are wrong. Even if the facts prove they are wrong they won't admit it.

                    Sometimes I would rather do this , than argue with them. But more power to you, because the stupidity is strong in that one.
                    We are all Masters of our own Ship. It's the course changes that you make, that affect your life.

                    I'm not paranoid, I know they're out to get me.

                    NRA Life Member
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Noble Cause
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 2633

                      A reasonable person will listen.

                      A Anti Rights Zealot will not.

                      There is value though, in debates with these rigid minded idiots.
                      You will never convince them with the Facts, Truth or Logic.

                      But you might convince some of the people watching the debate.

                      That's why we need to challenge their propaganda each and every time
                      the spew it publicly.


                      Noble

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        SB1964
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2012
                        • 4876

                        You must be a new shooter, congrats! As a lifelong shooter with a huge family of mostly libs...All I ever say (if they persist) "Don't call me when your doors getting kicked in"

                        Amazing they how think after a significant power failure, maybe a natural disaster or even local rioting, that cops will be there for them. They'll be lucky if their phones work, literally.

                        It's very rare that I waste the energy on them, good luck.
                        Yes I took the pic, no I didn't go swimming!

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Noble Cause
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 2633

                          Others have already posted the meaning of well regulated at the time
                          the 2nd Amendment was written, I will add this:

                          Constitution Society...
                          The meaning of the phrase "well-regulated" in the 2nd amendment



                          The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected.

                          Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.
                          The modern meaning does NOT apply when interpreting the 2nd amendment .


                          EDITED to add reference from Heller decision...

                          Wikipedia
                          Second Amendment to the United States Constitution


                          Meaning of "well regulated militia"

                          The term "regulated" means "disciplined" or "trained".[160] In Heller, the U.S. Supreme Court stated that "[t]he adjective 'well-regulated' implies nothing more than the imposition of proper discipline and training."[161]

                          In the year prior to the drafting of the Second Amendment, in Federalist No. 29 Alexander Hamilton wrote the following about "organizing", "disciplining", "arming", and "training" of the militia as specified in the enumerated powers:

                          Noble
                          Last edited by Noble Cause; 01-09-2016, 8:06 PM. Reason: Added Heller reference

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            alfred1222
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jan 2010
                            • 7331

                            You have way too much free time man
                            Originally posted by Kestryll
                            This guy is a complete and total idiot.
                            /thread.

                            ΦΑ

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              boltmopar
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2011
                              • 1447

                              Yeah, your wasting your time. I Outd like to add that the part of the military taking you out with just one drone is false. If that was the case the insurgancy in Iraq would of ended a lot sooner.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                mosinnagantm9130
                                Calguns Addict
                                • May 2009
                                • 8783

                                Why are you not quoting the Heller vs. DC decision?

                                That reaffirmed the individual right to bear arms over the militia clause.
                                Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
                                My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

                                Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
                                Originally posted by ChopperX
                                I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
                                Originally posted by Jeff L
                                Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1