Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

BLM shooting in San Bernardino.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Swampcrip
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 1093

    BLM shooting in San Bernardino.

    So tomorrow I want to take the gf's little brother shooting but don't feel like driving 3 hours to Indio or to hodges.

    Can someone PM me a good spot in the San bernardino area?
    sigpic
  • #2
    EspoMan
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 1618

    For BLM I always go to Hodge Rd. Sorry that's the only place I know. Lytle Creek has a good range if you don't mind going to a regular range.
    Living in the free State of Nevada

    Comment

    • #3
      edgerly779
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2009
      • 19871

      Look at san bernadino area shooting map. Us search.

      Comment

      • #4
        edgerly779
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Aug 2009
        • 19871

        It is 1 hour & few minutes from san berdo to hodges.

        Comment

        • #5
          Swampcrip
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 1093

          Originally posted by edgerly779
          It is 1 hour & few minutes from san berdo to hodges.
          Yeah I'm in OC though. I was hoping to find a spot about an hour away.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            beardog308
            Banned
            • Feb 2014
            • 577

            In the spirit of the holiday season, why not go to Christmas Tree?

            Comment

            • #7
              drifts1
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2007
              • 1443

              Hodge Rd is the closest BLM to OC

              Comment

              • #8
                vaka
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 977

                Originally posted by beardog308
                In the spirit of the holiday season, why not go to Christmas Tree?
                Just go ahead and tell him Christmas tree lane " AKA steel peak "

                Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
                Old problems are like dry poop, if you let the dry poop sit it doesn't smell but the minute you decide to stir the poop with a stick, the smell comes back. Moral of the story, Don't bring up old problems!

                Comment

                • #9
                  Air
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2005
                  • 1640

                  Most of the Mountain shooting areas are probably chained off by now due to snow. If they are not, you will need a good 4x4 truck to get in there (you pretty much need it anyway).

                  Word of advice, I went messing around a few weeks ago on some back country stuff in the San Berdoos, and it was sketchy, be careful if you do.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    EvoXguy
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2015
                    • 731

                    Originally posted by Air
                    Most of the Mountain shooting areas are probably chained off by now due to snow. If they are not, you will need a good 4x4 truck to get in there (you pretty much need it anyway).

                    Word of advice, I went messing around a few weeks ago on some back country stuff in the San Berdoos, and it was sketchy, be careful if you do.

                    Curious as to what you mean by sketchy? I was thinkin of going with a friend of mine and might be same area
                    Peace through superior firepower

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Air
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2005
                      • 1640

                      Originally posted by EvoXguy
                      Curious as to what you mean by sketchy? I was thinkin of going with a friend of mine and might be same area
                      Sketchy meaning they are unplowed (no snow plows) dirt roads, you definitely need a 4x4 truck this time of year. I would imagine the roads are closed by now. When I was milling around back there a few weeks ago, there was a lot of ice.

                      The area off of Hwy 330 might be doable though, check with the Ranger Station
                      Last edited by Air; 12-25-2015, 7:16 AM.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        poriggity
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2013
                        • 891

                        2n19 I think it's called off 330 in running springs is open. Enter at your own risk as we have had a lot of rain and some snow the last few days. 4x4 probably a requirement. Don't bother taking a sedan out that way.

                        Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
                        www.takebackthe2nd.org

                        Proud Member of:

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Tonon
                          Member
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 107

                          Originally posted by vaka
                          Just go ahead and tell him Christmas tree lane " AKA steel peak "

                          Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
                          Is Steele peak open again?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Swampcrip
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2013
                            • 1093

                            Thanks for the tip about Christmas tree lane. About an hour from my doorstep and a great spot. It was a good start to the day and I will be visiting agin very soon.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              God Bless America
                              Calguns Addict
                              • May 2014
                              • 5165

                              Originally posted by Tonon
                              Is Steele peak open again?
                              there was no closure sign last weekend and it was busy.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1