Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Acronyms and their meanings!?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HighOutput
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2014
    • 19

    Acronyms and their meanings!?

    Is there any place on this site that has a list of acronyms and what they mean? I find myself spending more time trying to figure out what they mean than reading posts. Some times they are fairy easy to understand but most of the time it's hard to figure them out. So I was just curious if there was a place here that posted the acronyms and their meanings. If not maybe there could be a sticky on the home page.

    Thanks
    =======================
    NRA Patriot Life Member
    Kimber Custom CDP II
    Glock 22
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm
  • #2
    69Mach1
    Super Moderator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jan 2006
    • 15032

    Sticky at the top of this sub forum.
    sigpic
    69Mach1
    munkeeboi
    TURBOELKY
    antix2
    WTSGDYBBR
    tujungatoes
    jmpgnr24K

    Comment

    • #3
      afteractionreport
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2013
      • 2867

      What he said^^^...

      Spoonfed version....good luck im fairly young and sonerimes i dont even get them

      Kyle "Kenosha Kid" Rittenhouse did nothing wrong

      Comment

      • #4
        HighOutput
        Junior Member
        • Dec 2014
        • 19

        Thanks - I guess I need to look at all the stickies before reading the subforum postings.
        =======================
        NRA Patriot Life Member
        Kimber Custom CDP II
        Glock 22
        S&W M&P Shield 9mm

        Comment

        • #5
          Librarian
          Admin and Poltergeist
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Oct 2005
          • 44691

          Originally posted by HighOutput
          Thanks - I guess I need to look at all the stickies before reading the subforum postings.
          I think you'll find that helpful.

          Of course, we're all used to the idea that 'sticky' means 'invisible'
          ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

          Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

          Comment

          • #6
            Back to Earth
            Junior Member
            • Feb 2014
            • 70

            Originally posted by HighOutput
            Is there any place on this site that has a list of acronyms and what they mean? I find myself spending more time trying to figure out what they mean than reading posts. Some times they are fairy easy to understand but most of the time it's hard to figure them out. So I was just curious if there was a place here that posted the acronyms and their meanings. If not maybe there could be a sticky on the home page.

            Thanks
            Hot tip, skip to page 7 of the thread and about half way down you'll find an alphabetized "current" compilation of the original acronyms list plus everything that was posted by others after it.
            I come for the conflict -- but stay for the camaraderie.

            Comment

            • #7
              BigPimping
              CGN Contributor
              • Feb 2010
              • 21487

              I still refer to it at times. New acronyms are always evolving.
              sigpic

              PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

              When pimping begins, friendship ends.

              Don't let your history be a mystery

              Comment

              • #8
                mif_slim
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Apr 2008
                • 10089

                Idk man, like wth?! Seriously OP? Ydk?? Only in CGN in OT forum. omg, smh.

                Correction: Only in GgD
                Originally posted by Gottmituns
                It's not protecting the rights of the 1%, it's IMPOSING new laws because of the 1%.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Fjold
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 23067

                  DILLIGAF
                  Frank

                  One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




                  Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    GSXracer
                    Junior Member
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 61

                    TH - tere hanges
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Clutch-n-Throttle
                      Member
                      • May 2011
                      • 277

                      Here's a new that just popped up.

                      WTF is:

                      5/7
                      CLEVERLY DISGUISED AS A RESPONSIBLE ADULT

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        desertjosh
                        Calguns Addict
                        • May 2011
                        • 5749

                        Originally posted by Clutch-n-Throttle
                        Here's a new that just popped up.

                        WTF is:

                        5/7
                        A perfect score.
                        Welcome to OT, where hypocrisy is King, outrage is Queen and the Kingdom is on the shores of the Denial River.

                        __________________

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          twinfin
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 1273

                          Part of the problem is that people have lost sight of the reason that we write in the first place. We write to communicate with others but if we disguise our words and meaning with the abundant use of acronyms (often made up on the spot) then we show that we do not respect nor have time to consider those who read what we write.

                          There seems to be a cultural shift toward the focus on self rather than seeing oneself as having obligation to others. When I write, I try to consider the person reading what I have to say and so take the time and effort to make my words comprehensible to those who have taken their valuable time to read what I have to say.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            sealocan
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Mar 2012
                            • 9956

                            FooS (5 out of 7).


                            Just make up your own meanings for acronyms you're not familiar with, it's funnier that way.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              FeuerFrei
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Aug 2008
                              • 7455

                              Additional perusal...
                              Internet Slang words - Internet Dictionary. Internet Slang. A list of common slang words, acronyms and abbreviations as used in websites, ICQ chat rooms, blogs, SMS, and internet forums.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1