Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Worst Firearms Instructor EVER

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    ElvenSoul
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Apr 2008
    • 17431

    Not the worst ever!

    The worst ever

    Shorts own student

    sigpic

    Comment

    • #17
      LowThudd
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2011
      • 3608

      Originally posted by ElvenSoul
      Not the worst ever!

      The worst ever

      Shorts own student

      http://www.gunbabygun.com/gun-safety...hoots-student/
      Edit. Didn't see your link had the video also. But I posted it anyway.

      No THIS is the worst ever, and he's a DEA agent. But at least he only shot himself...in front of a room full of kids.

      Last edited by LowThudd; 11-13-2015, 11:39 AM.

      Comment

      • #18
        Wes C Addle
        Banned
        • Apr 2015
        • 1867

        Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
        That's nowhere near the worst I've seen.

        Clearly those were cold weapons. I'm not saying that to excuse the safety violations, only to contrast that with the video I've seen of the idiot sitting between the targets filming students while the live fire directly to his left and right. That's right, to get that perfect shot, some cowards might use a tripod, this guy is so confident of the quality of the students he produces that he lets them fire at him while he films them.
        link please

        Comment

        • #19
          Citadelgrad87
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Mar 2007
          • 16977

          Originally posted by Wes C Addle
          link please
          I think I visibly shuddered when I watched this video (It is safe for work).The video was taken at one of James Yeager’s Tactical Response Fighting Pistol classes.The photographer seen forward of the firing line is Jay Gibson, one of the Tactical Response instructors.Apparently bullets whizzing by you as you train and is quite common at Tactical Response classes.My personal opinion is that I would never do what the photographer did, nor would I shoot with someone standing next to the target.


          I think this is it. The description is correct, but I can't see the video on my iPad.
          Originally posted by tony270
          It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
          Originally posted by repubconserv
          Print it out and frame it for all I care
          Originally posted by el chivo
          I don't need to think at all..
          Originally posted by pjsig
          You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #20
            Win231
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2015
            • 2099

            Originally posted by ElvenSoul
            Not the worst ever!

            The worst ever

            Shorts own student

            http://www.gunbabygun.com/gun-safety...hoots-student/
            The most amusing part of the "Mr. Professional enough" video was when he tried to continue with the class & he started to show the rifle & people yelled, "NO...NO..."

            Comment

            • #21
              Rastoff
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2009
              • 750

              Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
              http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...raining-video/

              I think this is it. The description is correct, but I can't see the video on my iPad.
              Yet another reason to avoid that blowhard Yeager.
              Remember, you can post here because they died over there.

              www.BlackRiverTraining.com

              Comment

              • #22
                Rastoff
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2009
                • 750

                Originally posted by PolishMike
                My comment did not pertain to this video.

                Here are a couple of scenarios that I can think of that a)break safety rules and b) are beneficial to training.

                1) Disarms (rule broken - muzzle) - Sure, you can use blue guns but it is not the same. You realize really quickly that a particular disarm that works on a blue gun does not work on a real gun.
                Um, OK. What disarm technique works with a real gun that won't work with a blue or red gun?

                Originally posted by PolishMike
                2) CCW (rule broken - muzzle) I carry every day with a gun pointed at my nuts. Guess what - I practice drawing/holstering.
                How you choose to carry doesn't make the practice beneficial.

                Originally posted by PolishMike
                3) Vehicles (rule broken - target/surrounding/muzzle) - Ever taken a vehicle class? You spend almost all day pointing a LOADED gun at something you are not willing to destroy.
                No, I haven't taken any class that required me to point a loaded gun at something I cared about.

                Originally posted by PolishMike
                4) Dry Firing (rule broken - always loaded/surroundings/muzzle) - I dry fire all the time. In doing so I break several safety rules. I take measures to insure that nothing goes bad but I am still breaking rules.
                I disagree. Dry practice can be done without breaking the rules.

                Originally posted by PolishMike
                5) Buying a gun (rule broken - all of them) - Have you ever worked in a gun store? The first thing someone does when you hand them a gun to check out is point it at the sales guy and pull the trigger. (this one is more of a personal rant)
                This is indeed a pet peeve of mine as well as yours. Still, none of that poor gun handling is necessary or beneficial except from a training perspective on what not to do.

                There will be times when we all break one or more of the rules, hopefully not at the same time. That's life and we're human therefore, not perfect. Anyone who states they have never broken any of the 4 basic rules is fooling only themselves.

                All I'm getting at is there is never a time when these rules must be broken to further training. Of course we all learn from others mistakes. That's better than making them yourself. However, you don't need to intentionally break one of the basic rules to teach/train/learn.
                Remember, you can post here because they died over there.

                www.BlackRiverTraining.com

                Comment

                • #23
                  Click Boom
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Nov 2013
                  • 6955

                  Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                  That's nowhere near the worst I've seen.

                  Clearly those were cold weapons. I'm not saying that to excuse the safety violations, only to contrast that with the video I've seen of the idiot sitting between the targets filming students while the live fire directly to his left and right. That's right, to get that perfect shot, some cowards might use a tripod, this guy is so confident of the quality of the students he produces that he lets them fire at him while he films them.
                  I know what video(s) you're talking of, and I was Fkin dumbfounded as well. Wasn't it range time with Cory and Erika or Yeager or something? Special snowflakes, they are.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    mif_slim
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Apr 2008
                    • 10089

                    Originally posted by PolishMike
                    My comment did not pertain to this video.

                    Here are a couple of scenarios that I can think of that a)break safety rules and b) are beneficial to training.

                    1) Disarms (rule broken - muzzle) - Sure, you can use blue guns but it is not the same. You realize really quickly that a particular disarm that works on a blue gun does not work on a real gun.

                    2) CCW (rule broken - muzzle) I carry every day with a gun pointed at my nuts. Guess what - I practice drawing/holstering.

                    3) Vehicles (rule broken - target/surrounding/muzzle) - Ever taken a vehicle class? You spend almost all day pointing a LOADED gun at something you are not willing to destroy.

                    4) Dry Firing (rule broken - always loaded/surroundings/muzzle) - I dry fire all the time. In doing so I break several safety rules. I take measures to insure that nothing goes bad but I am still breaking rules.

                    5) Buying a gun (rule broken - all of them) - Have you ever worked in a gun store? The first thing someone does when you hand them a gun to check out is point it at the sales guy and pull the trigger. (this one is more of a personal rant)


                    There are TONS of scenarios where breaking rules can still lead to learning. In all of these cases measures are taken to prevent injury/damage but rules are still broken.
                    You're talking to range guys here... at some point, safety rule has to be broken, in the real world...its just a matter of how its broken. I too carry (8 o'clock though) and also dry fire as well. If you want to dry fire in your home and apply safety rules...you cant. you've broken rule #1-4 by just pulling the trigger at the wall/ceiling/ground etc.. However, these guys who are saying safety is a must at all times are guys who would say eyes and ears before engaging a real threat or having a pair of earplugs next to the nightstand...

                    *i dont condone unsafe firearm handling. "unsafe" is the keyword.
                    Last edited by mif_slim; 11-13-2015, 9:43 PM. Reason: fat fingers... reedit mispell
                    Originally posted by Gottmituns
                    It's not protecting the rights of the 1%, it's IMPOSING new laws because of the 1%.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Snoopy47
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 2010
                      • 3895

                      Originally posted by PolishMike
                      There are scenarios that can be beneficial to learning that involve breaking safety rules.
                      My police academy was like that. Everyone cleared thier weapons and showed the person to thier left and right and the instructor went down the line and checked them all
                      Before there was Polymer there was Accuracy.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        epilepticninja
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 4166

                        Originally posted by Click Boom
                        I know what video(s) you're talking of, and I was Fkin dumbfounded as well. Wasn't it range time with Cory and Erika or Yeager or something? Special snowflakes, they are.
                        It was a Yeager class and James took a ton of heat for it. Personally, the guy standing between the targets should have been the one taking the heat for it. And on a side note, I've taken training from some of the top instructors in NorCal, and I have been in a few classes where the instructor will accept a person's muzzle being pointed at them (after inspecting the weapon), for the sake of the training scenario.
                        Last edited by epilepticninja; 11-13-2015, 10:56 PM.
                        Former political prisoner who escaped on 9-24-23.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Doheny
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Sep 2008
                          • 13820

                          Meh.

                          I want 4:09 of my life back.
                          Sent from Free America

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            orangeusa
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 9055

                            What about the video of the guy shooting his Glock into his foot?

                            .

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Sleighter
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • 3624

                              Yeah, that's pretty bad. But then again, so is the Yeager videos (plural) of not just instructors but students downrange during live fire. Also, who's the "super elite ak guru" who recently ran a shoot house after dusk and shot one of his own instructors because he didn't clear the house beforehand?

                              And I disagree that dry-firing requires breaking any of the 4 rules. You can establish a safe area for dry-firing and designate a "target" with a safe backstop. That eliminates any breaking of the 4 rules.
                              If you are wondering if you can get a LTC in Riverside County: THE ANSWER IS YES!

                              Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                SonofWWIIDI
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Nov 2011
                                • 21583

                                I recall watching an episode of Jerry Miculek's show where he demonstrated how some people re-holster incorrectly and end up pointing the muzzle at their thigh while holstering. He said he didn't even want a gun he had just cleared to be pointed at him. So for the demo, he removed the slide and the barrel (titled striped) and continued with the demo.

                                Just sayin.
                                Sorry, not sorry.
                                🎺

                                Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1