Go to the range and rent them. Add a Sig P226 and a M&P to the mix...maybe a Walter and a HK as well. You'll sort it out quicker and better than anything you'll get here.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Which 9mm for HD
Collapse
X
-
Really depends on which one you shoot best. In a home environment, preventing misses is more important than anywhere else.
I personally very much like my S&W M&P full size.
If there are cost constraints or consideration of later carrying concealed, or children in the house I would suggest adding the Khar CW9 to the list. Regularly available inexpensively at Budsgunshop.com , and the example I have access to shoots really nicely despite a 7lb trigger. Cash prices is $351. for the California compliant. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...+9mm+3.6%5C%22Comment
-
The 3 "main" duty size 9mms.
Can't go wrong, really.Comment
-
I have yet to fire a cz but plan to soon, so can't comment on that one. Glocks are great guns if you like them. I personally don't care for the feel of them, only one I own is a G20 because it's a 10mm. I use a Springfield XD for HD and would highly reccomend it. Only reason I wouldn't reccomend the 92fs is that it doesn't have a rail if you decide you want a tac light in the future.Originally posted by ar15barrelsSo you are throwing out 95% of reality to select the 5% of reality where you are actually right?
We must be on calguns...Comment
-
Infamous7.62x39 really did win the thread.D) All of the Above.
1. Buy G17, change sights, talon grips, buy a light. Leave it internally stock for HD. Bam.
2. Buy a Beretta 92 series and send it off to Wilson Combat. Bam.
3. Buy CZ of your choice and send it off to CGW. Bam.
That being said.... What do I win?Comment
-
@7008gun, my suggestion is to focus on the gun you can shoot really well(it feels good in your hand) and is reliable. In your case, go with CZ. And then shoot a ton of ammo through it. And then shot some more. Especially if this is gonna be your HD gun.sigpicNRA Life Member
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: always cheat and always win."
"Don't shoot fast, shoot good."
-- Clint SmithComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,879
Posts: 25,152,742
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,763
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 32784 users online. 116 members and 32668 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

) you can afford.
Comment