Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Paying for best guns for our troops.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nicki
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 4208

    Paying for best guns for our troops.

    This has a chance in happening like the Berlin Wall coming down and Roger Water's performing a live concert featuring music from "The Wall".

    That was said around 1986

    Our troops need new guns, so I have a simple proposal. Sell all the M4's and the M16's to anyone who can legally purchase any other gun, but give first priority to honorably discharged veterans, active duty police, retired police first.

    Give those people 90 day first right to purchase, limit purchases to 3 guns, then after that, no limits, whatever market will bear.

    These weapons are to be "Classified as well suited for militia purposes" and accorded full 2nd amendment protections in every state, especially places like Ca and NY.

    I'd find a few K to get real M4's and M16's and our troops would then have funds to get new high end tools.

    Any thoughts guys?

    Nicki
    93
    No, we can't be trusted with "real assault rifles"
    0%
    1
    Maybe, need more info.
    0%
    1
    Hell, yeah, won't have to bump fire.
    0%
    18
    I'll be over my ammo budget bigtime.
    0%
    7
    I'd buy one gun for 1 K
    0%
    9
    I'd buy as many as I could get for 1K.
    0%
    14
    Honorably discharged vets should get priority
    0%
    15
    No one should get priority.
    0%
    17
    Prices should be upped so our troops can get better guns.
    0%
    3
    Prices should be lower so we could buy more M4's.
    0%
    8
  • #2
    Gunaria
    Banned
    • Jan 2007
    • 3894

    Like I told you before, I like the way you think. It's a great idea but sadly it will never happen.

    Comment

    • #3
      emc002
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2007
      • 2331

      "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.

      "I point out the obvious because if I belabor the subtle it only leaves people slack-jawed and drooling." - Bill Heavey

      Comment

      • #4
        pizzatorte
        Member
        • Jul 2008
        • 156

        Originally posted by nicki
        give first priority to honorably discharged veterans, active duty police, retired police first.
        No.

        Comment

        • #5
          freakshow10mm
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2008
          • 3061

          We just need to strike 922(o).

          Comment

          • #6
            Rob454
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Feb 2006
            • 11254

            Dude the goverment wont trust you to buy and drive a used up HUMVEE from the military in one piece. they cut them and you can buy the pieces and put it all back together. What makes you think they will sell you a gun.
            ACTUALLY since the rifles are BOUGHT with taxpayer money shouldnt they be FREE. I mean since we all actually paid for them why are we "buying" them back? I think if the goverment wants to get rid of them they shoudl GIVE them back to us.

            Comment

            • #7
              dwa
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2008
              • 2452

              just sell em through cmp like we should with all military hardware.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                TonyM
                In Memoriam
                • Oct 2005
                • 3071

                I'd Google "Hughes Amendment" and "Firearm Owners Protection Act". Heck, probably just "May 19, 1986" will get you the data.
                Disenfranchised NRA Benefactor Life Member.

                Originally posted by NorCalK9.com
                Also dont worry if u have never built one once you go to a build party you will know everything and have a perfect functioning rifle.

                Comment

                • #9
                  devildog999
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2008
                  • 5534

                  Sounds good to me I especially like the vets part
                  Originally posted by TRAP55
                  Or your ammo stash has replaced your wifes parking spot in the garage.
                  When my neighbor asked what all those crates were, I told him if he sees smoke coming from my garage, and me running down the street......he better catch up!
                  Originally posted by Steve O
                  Just go to safeway to shop for food. The young good looking couple buying healthy food...they're a new couple. The fat ones wearing ****ty clothes not caring about how they look, getting frozen food...they're married!

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Crusader
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2008
                    • 2995

                    Oh what I would give for an M16 (not an M4, I think the carbine gas systems are a waste of a good rifle).

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Capt. Speirs
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2008
                      • 1232

                      Originally posted by Rob454
                      Dude the goverment wont trust you to buy and drive a used up HUMVEE from the military in one piece. they cut them and you can buy the pieces and put it all back together. What makes you think they will sell you a gun.
                      ACTUALLY since the rifles are BOUGHT with taxpayer money shouldnt they be FREE. I mean since we all actually paid for them why are we "buying" them back? I think if the goverment wants to get rid of them they shoudl GIVE them back to us.
                      Let's see...you get a free gun and the rest of us taxpayers can pay for it, don't think so. As a taxpayer I want my money back so my taxes don't go any higher than they already have.
                      _____________________________________________
                      South Coast Outdoorsman
                      2736 E Chapman Ave
                      Orange CA 92869
                      714-532-4867
                      T - F (11 - 7pm) Sat (10 - 5pm) - closed Sun & Mon
                      _____________________________________________

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Max-the-Silent
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 786

                        Dianne Feinstein will be loading magazines for shooters on the rental line at Knob Creek before this pipe dream would come true.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          rayra
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 1747

                          It's puff, puff, PASS, Nicki.

                          /seriously, you've got too much idle time if you keep coming up with these fantasy ideas.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Army
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 3915

                            Originally posted by nicki

                            Our troops need new guns,
                            Hmmm...news to me.
                            "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."......Cicero

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1