Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How do I sell ammo?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dabamboozler
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 4

    How do I sell ammo?

    I recently sold my .30-06 and was looking to get rid of the extra ammo I have since its now useless to me. I'm not 100% sure but reading the laws states I cant sell my ammo to a private party. I tried taking it back to Big 5 where it was initially bought but they said they couldn't accept the return since ammo can be reloaded.

    What do I do with the ammo? Is it just something I keep in my closet in hopes to use it for some sort of currency for the end of days jkjk? I mean really what do I do with it? Maybe donate it to my local police station? That would be kinda hard since walking into a police station is counter intuitive lol. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks for reading the question / rant have a super duper day!
  • #2
    CSACANNONEER
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Dec 2006
    • 44094

    You can sell it in the classifieds here. You can take it to a range and find someone to sell or give it to. You can sell it at a garage sale, etc.
    NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
    Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor


    Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

    sigpic
    CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

    KM6WLV

    Comment

    • #3
      Not a Cook
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2013
      • 1684

      Sell it here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=169) to other CG'ers.
      Regarding the 2nd Amendment:
      "...to disarm the people ― that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason ("The Father of the Bill of Rights")

      Regarding Life and Death:
      "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28

      The BIG question: "What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ?" Matthew 27:22b

      Comment

      • #4
        alfred1222
        Calguns Addict
        • Jan 2010
        • 7331

        Put up an add in BST and sell it
        Originally posted by Kestryll
        This guy is a complete and total idiot.
        /thread.

        ΦΑ

        Comment

        • #5
          dabamboozler
          Junior Member
          • Apr 2012
          • 4

          Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
          You can sell it in the classifieds here. You can take it to a range and find someone to sell or give it to. You can sell it at a garage sale, etc.

          O wow thanks for the intel I had it all wrong. Have a nice day.

          Comment

          • #6
            THBailey
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 737

            30-06 you say? You should send it all to me and I will be sure it is properly and legally disposed of.
            THBailey


            As Will Rogers once said:
            "Everyone is ignorant, only in different subjects."

            Comment

            • #7
              v.kevin
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2014
              • 715

              Send it to me. I know a guy.

              Comment

              • #8
                Maltese Falcon
                Ordo Militaris Templi
                CGN Contributor
                • Feb 2009
                • 6752

                How many rounds are we talking here? It has to be an amount for someone to consider worth their while to acquire (drive time, etc.)

                ...unless of course you price it attractively.

                .

                Comment

                • #9
                  mikenewgun87
                  In Memoriam
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 7732

                  No no....make sure you price gouge!!!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    DennisCA
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2011
                    • 4067

                    Originally posted by dabamboozler
                    I recently sold my .30-06 and was looking to get rid of the extra ammo I have since its now useless to me. I'm not 100% sure but reading the laws states I cant sell my ammo to a private party. I tried taking it back to Big 5 where it was initially bought but they said they couldn't accept the return since ammo can be reloaded.

                    What do I do with the ammo? Is it just something I keep in my closet in hopes to use it for some sort of currency for the end of days jkjk? I mean really what do I do with it? Maybe donate it to my local police station? That would be kinda hard since walking into a police station is counter intuitive lol. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks for reading the question / rant have a super duper day!
                    What kind of ammo is it and where do live?
                    "The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke speech of 23 April 1770, "Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents," delivered to the House of Commons.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      retiredAFcop
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 2108

                      If you reloaded the ammunition, then you are not supposed to sell it.

                      If it is from a factory, it should be fine.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        BigPimping
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 21485

                        As long as it is factory ammo, you can sell it in the market place here for free.
                        sigpic

                        PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                        When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                        Don't let your history be a mystery

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Mitch
                          Mostly Harmless
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 6580

                          Originally posted by mikenewgun87
                          No no....make sure you price gouge!!!
                          Price gouge and maybe someone will start a thread about you! You could be the next Calguns star!
                          Originally posted by cockedandglocked
                          Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            AceGirlsHusband
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2013
                            • 2651

                            Not being able to transfer or sell legally acquired ammunition is merely a fond wish of some of our state legislators. You're okay: they haven't achieved that pinnacle of success, yet.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Decoligny
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 10615

                              Originally posted by BigPimping
                              As long as it is factory ammo, you can sell it in the market place here for free.
                              If he sells it for free, I will take all that he has, even at twice the price.
                              sigpic
                              If you haven't seen it with your own eyes,
                              or heard it with your own ears,
                              don't make it up with your small mind,
                              or spread it with your big mouth.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1