Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

DROS question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SnWnMe
    Calguns Addict
    • Feb 2007
    • 6897

    DROS question

    The lock. Can I bring my electronic handgun safe as proof of a container?

    I can't find the answer in the wiki. Else I guess I'll just buy a lock from Wally world and return it.
    Frank Da Tank
  • #2
    Sousuke
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 4054

    Originally posted by SnWnMe
    The lock. Can I bring my electronic handgun safe as proof of a container?

    I can't find the answer in the wiki. Else I guess I'll just buy a lock from Wally world and return it.
    If you have a safe, you can sign the safe affidavit.
    Everyone on Calguns keeps talking about TDS. I never knew we had so many fish keepers!

    The TDS on my 10gallon tanks 110ppm
    The TDS on my 29 gallon tank is 150ppm (due to substrate)

    Comment

    • #3
      Not a Cook
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2013
      • 1684

      You'll have to buy a lock if the handgun does not come with one already.
      Regarding the 2nd Amendment:
      "...to disarm the people ― that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason ("The Father of the Bill of Rights")

      Regarding Life and Death:
      "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28

      The BIG question: "What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ?" Matthew 27:22b

      Comment

      • #4
        Not a Cook
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2013
        • 1684

        Originally posted by Sousuke
        If you have a safe, you can sign the safe affidavit.
        Any electronic handgun safe OP can bring with him (reference his original post) to the FFL won't satisfy the requirements for the safe affidavit.
        Regarding the 2nd Amendment:
        "...to disarm the people ― that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason ("The Father of the Bill of Rights")

        Regarding Life and Death:
        "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28

        The BIG question: "What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ?" Matthew 27:22b

        Comment

        • #5
          Sousuke
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2012
          • 4054

          Originally posted by Not a Cook
          Any electronic handgun safe OP can bring with him (reference his original post) to the FFL won't satisfy the requirements for the safe affidavit.
          Smaller safes do not count? (I don't know, I have a big one made by Liberty)
          Everyone on Calguns keeps talking about TDS. I never knew we had so many fish keepers!

          The TDS on my 10gallon tanks 110ppm
          The TDS on my 29 gallon tank is 150ppm (due to substrate)

          Comment

          • #6
            NPFreedom
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2012
            • 1568

            Safe affidavit only works for long guns.

            Gun locks have to be approved. Quick google search shows this list. I dont know how updated it list. I dont know how updated it is though. Sorry for long link. I am on my phone.

            Visit www.npfreedom.com for discounted firearm parts and accessories

            Comment

            • #7
              Sousuke
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2012
              • 4054

              Ah I see the Federal requirement now. Huh never came across this before.
              Everyone on Calguns keeps talking about TDS. I never knew we had so many fish keepers!

              The TDS on my 10gallon tanks 110ppm
              The TDS on my 29 gallon tank is 150ppm (due to substrate)

              Comment

              • #8
                Not a Cook
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2013
                • 1684

                See this thread for more info.: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=564380. In brief, purchasing a handgun will require a lock. Purchasing a lock may be avoided in a long gun purchase via the safe affidavit, but an electronic handgun safe such as the OP mentioned won't satisfy the safe affidavit requirements for a long gun.

                I apologize for not being more clear in my previous post.
                Regarding the 2nd Amendment:
                "...to disarm the people ― that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason ("The Father of the Bill of Rights")

                Regarding Life and Death:
                "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28

                The BIG question: "What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ?" Matthew 27:22b

                Comment

                • #9
                  SnWnMe
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 6897

                  Thanks. I have a safe at home as well.

                  I'm just getting all my ducks in a row for DROSing a handgun and it's been a while. You guys understand the frustration of driving to the shop only find out you don't have all the things you need.
                  Frank Da Tank

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Chapped Hide
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • 3901

                    I've filled out the safe affidavit for every handgun I've purchased this year (6 so far). While I bring my own lock for transportation, it has not been required that I purchase one or bring one at the time of pick up in order to leave the shop. This has been the same policy at 3 different ffl's.
                    **** your feelings!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Sousuke
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 4054

                      Originally posted by Chapped Hide
                      I've filled out the safe affidavit for every handgun I've purchased this year (6 so far). While I bring my own lock for transportation, it has not been required that I purchase one or bring one at the time of pick up in order to leave the shop. This has been the same policy at 3 different ffl's.
                      Apparently its a Federal law from 2005 that gets ignored. (Whereas the state allows the safe affidavit for all guns, apparently Federal law requires a lock on handguns)
                      Everyone on Calguns keeps talking about TDS. I never knew we had so many fish keepers!

                      The TDS on my 10gallon tanks 110ppm
                      The TDS on my 29 gallon tank is 150ppm (due to substrate)

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        desertjosh
                        Calguns Addict
                        • May 2011
                        • 5749

                        Just spit on the person doing the dros for being a lesser person and run out with your gun OP. They will never catch you, you are too fast
                        Welcome to OT, where hypocrisy is King, outrage is Queen and the Kingdom is on the shores of the Denial River.

                        __________________

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1