Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Gun safe moving service. Recommendations San Jose

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rwhat
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 96

    Gun safe moving service. Recommendations San Jose

    I'm moving out of date and need a 900lbs safe lifted 4 feet high into a shipping container. Anyone know of a service or the current rental rate of a forklift. I have my forklift certs.
  • #2
    dunndeal
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2009
    • 5483

    What continent are you on?
    If North America,,, Canada, USA, Mexico?

    Got a ZIP Code?
    Those that call the US Constitution a living, breathing document only want to asphyxiate liberty.

    M76

    Comment

    • #3
      Steve_In_29
      Banned
      • Nov 2009
      • 5682

      Why the forklift? Dolly the safe to the container opening, tilt it back until it rests on the floor, push it into the container and then stand it up again. A couple of guys could do this easily. A blanket laid on the container floor would facilitate the sliding part.

      Comment

      • #4
        deckhandmike
        Calguns Addict
        • Jan 2011
        • 8325

        Beer and bro's? Easy.

        Comment

        • #5
          JDay
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Nov 2008
          • 19393

          Just rent a pallet jack.
          Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

          The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

          Comment

          • #6
            Rwhat
            Junior Member
            • Dec 2007
            • 96

            Gun safe moving service. Recommendations San Jose

            I'm moving out of state and need to get my safe moved from my garage and then 4 feet up into a conex shipping container.

            Anyone have any recommendations of company's they have used or know of.
            I'm in San Jose. The safe is 750 lbs empty.

            Comment

            • #7
              JDay
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Nov 2008
              • 19393

              Just rent a pallet jack. Easy.
              Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

              The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

              Comment

              • #8
                Steve_In_29
                Banned
                • Nov 2009
                • 5682

                Since you apparently didn't like the answers in your previous thread on this exact same subject, I suggest google and the phone book.

                Otherwise as I previously posted, dolly the safe to the container opening, tilt it back until it rests on the floor, push it into the container and then stand it up again. A couple of men can do this easily. A blanket laid on the container floor would facilitate the sliding part.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Rwhat
                  Junior Member
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 96

                  Originally posted by Steve_In_29
                  Since you apparently didn't like the answers in your previous thread on this exact same subject, I suggest google and the phone book.

                  Otherwise as I previously posted, dolly the safe to the container opening, tilt it back until it rests on the floor, push it into the container and then stand it up again. A couple of men can do this easily. A blanket laid on the container floor would facilitate the sliding part.

                  Holy crap. I just searched and saw my post. I seriously forgot I posted that less then a week ago. I got a lot of stuff to get together. Got a 8 month old and trying to get stuff packed and organized.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Rwhat
                    Junior Member
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 96

                    Forgot I posted this and then posted it again.

                    I'm in San Jose 95122. I wish it was that easy to dolly it into a container. The container is a conex shipping container on a semi trailer 4 feet off the ground.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      JDay
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 19393

                      Originally posted by Rwhat
                      Forgot I posted this and then posted it again.

                      I'm in San Jose 95122. I wish it was that easy to dolly it into a container. The container is a conex shipping container on a semi trailer 4 feet off the ground.
                      It's easy work with a pallet jack. You shouldn't need more than three people.
                      Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

                      The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Steve_In_29
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 5682

                        Originally posted by Rwhat
                        Forgot I posted this and then posted it again.

                        I'm in San Jose 95122. I wish it was that easy to dolly it into a container. The container is a conex shipping container on a semi trailer 4 feet off the ground.
                        The dolly simply gets it TO the container, not into it. Follow the procedure I outlined to get it IN the container.

                        I have moved all three of my safes in this exact manner and the bed of my F350 is over 3 feet off the ground.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          JDay
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 19393

                          Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

                          The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Rwhat
                            Junior Member
                            • Dec 2007
                            • 96

                            Originally posted by Steve_In_29
                            Since you apparently didn't like the answers in your previous thread on this exact same subject, I suggest google and the phone book.

                            Otherwise as I previously posted, dolly the safe to the container opening, tilt it back until it rests on the floor, push it into the container and then stand it up again. A couple of men can do this easily. A blanket laid on the container floor would facilitate the sliding part.

                            Read the title, I asked for services. I'm not trying to fawk myself up or any if my friends. I rather pay the money for the service.

                            I'm cheap, but even moving the safe with 2 guys in the garage was a pain with a dolly.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SmellOfCordite
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2010
                              • 532

                              Can't say enough good things about liberty Safe in Campbell. I am sure they could hook you up. They are on Bascom Ave.
                              Автомат Калашникова

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1