Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Why does it seem most FFLs are ignorant of basic gun law?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CalGunsNoob
    Member
    • Jan 2006
    • 183

    Why does it seem most FFLs are ignorant of basic gun law?

    What does it seem so many FFLs (members of calguns exempted obviously) are so ignorant of basic CA gun law?

    How can you be an FFL holder (or work in a store all day) and be al hosed up over basic definitions and law?

    I don't get it.
  • #2
    The Soup Nazi
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2006
    • 2455

    I'd say because are laws are so convaluted and complicated with all that fun extraneous crap and they have the mindset that if gun laws make gun stores harder to find, then we'll more easily tolerate it based on supply and demand.

    Comment

    • #3
      Charliegone
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2005
      • 6104

      The first ffl I ever went only liked "hunting guns" and wouldn't do anything AW like even if it were rimfire. I guess the guy always thought they would only go for AW's and never for his "hunting guns." Guess what? Gun grabbers want ALL guns.


      I will vote for a donkey-sex maniac if he's pro-gun.
      -BWiese

      Comment

      • #4
        El Barto
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2006
        • 649

        I don't think it is natural ignorance, more likely selective. I believe most FFL's tend to err on the side of caution and would rather tell you "that's the law" instead of "that's the way I do business". Also as previously posted, some let personal preferences dictate their operations.

        As with a doctor, always get a second opinion.

        Comment

        • #5
          simonov
          Member
          • Jun 2006
          • 491

          Most FFLs are just gun guys who wanted to make a business out of their hobby. They are not businessmen, and they are usually know only as much about the law and personal hygiene as is required to keep their doors open.
          Are you a Guntard?

          Comment

          • #6
            tenpercentfirearms
            Vendor/Retailer
            • Apr 2005
            • 13007

            As an FFL dealer who deals with other FFLs, this is the million dollar question. I think the hobby theory or possibly a "they won't bust me, screw 'em" theory could have merit.

            You bet I know the laws and if I don't, I find out.
            www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

            Comment

            • #7
              Trader Jack
              Banned
              • Oct 2005
              • 452

              Originally posted by CalGunsNoob
              What does it seem so many FFLs (members of calguns exempted obviously) are so ignorant of basic CA gun law?

              How can you be an FFL holder (or work in a store all day) and be al hosed up over basic definitions and law?

              I don't get it.
              It is not the FFL's that are wrong all the time. With a few exceptions, it is the Aholes on this site that have to much time on there hands and like to play
              Clarence Darrow.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1