Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

PSA screwed me on 44mag ammo. Anyone else?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jthuggs
    Member
    • Sep 2013
    • 413

    PSA screwed me on 44mag ammo. Anyone else?

    Fellow Calgunners I need advice/opinions on this one. PSA screwed me over pretty good (shocking right). Let me explain this as detailed as possible.
    Couple weeks ago I see some PMC 44 mag ammo available for a good price, I say what the heck might as well stock up, I order 20 boxes of 50 (1000rds) or so I think I do. The description says 50rd boxes, pic shows 50rd. Receive order today and there 20 boxes of 25rds (500rds). Two packing slips inside both mention "50rds" in description. My online order history also shows "50rds". I call, cs rep says "the sku for that item is 25rds". I say that may be true but everything I just described has 50rds on it. He looks over some things and agrees that it was their mistake and the description was wrong. He says there are two options, send it back for refund or keep it and pay the full price. I argue that they should send me another 500rds as that is what I paid for. He says nope, you paid going rate for 25rd boxes and that is that. He also says that item is not produced in 50rd boxes (not true as I have found it elsewhere since phone call) There were no managers available and I said I would call back tomorrow earlier to speak with a manager.
    My questions are is it even legal to send ammo back? I know it is at least against just about everywhere else policy. Has anyone else ever done this?
    Anyone else here happen to order any pmc 44mag from psa lately, same boat? What would you guys do here? I really don't want to pay $400+ for 500rds. We also did not get into who would pay for shipping, I'm guessing every bit of $50 or how paying me back for shipping would even work. Any advice appreciated. Sorry for the length, just wanted to get the facts laid out.
  • #2
    ChrisBrooklyn
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 1308

    Credit card dispute. They will give you the money back due to your order confirmations. And you get to keep the ammo

    Comment

    • #3
      vintagearms
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2009
      • 6841

      A quick search of AmmoSeek shows PMC ammo at 25 per box. I don't see anything as 50 per. There picture is definitely wrong but you are paying the going rate per round.
      Maybe the manager could send you a box or two or a discount for your troubles, but if not, your not getting ripped off.

      Comment

      • #4
        003
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2010
        • 3436

        Based on your post, it is clear that they made a mistake, and need to do something to make it right. Now giving you 500 rounds of ammunition for free may be a bit much. It seems to me that if both parties are interested in “doing the right thing” some middle ground could be worked out.

        At a minimum, they should offer to pay for return shipping and give you a full refund. If you want to keep the ammunition your already have, then it seems to me they should sell you’re the second 500 rounds at a substantial discount, perhaps their true cost plus shiping.

        I do think it is unreasonable for you to expect them to take a substantial loss and send you an additional 500 for free. Honest mistakes do happen in business and while they need to make it right, I do not think is OK to screw over a business because of an honest mistake.

        That is my opinion.
        Last edited by 003; 04-13-2015, 5:55 PM.

        Comment

        • #5
          purer00r
          CGSSA Leader
          • Mar 2014
          • 1479


          PSA is a vendor on here, send them a pm and give them your info. Send pics and screen shots of the invoices describing the issue, show that there are 50 round count boxes available. To me they should honor their mistake.
          Stay Safe and on Target:
          Save a tree, shoot Steel



          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            jthuggs
            Member
            • Sep 2013
            • 413

            Thanks for the advice so far. I recently purchased my first 44 mag so that caliber of ammo was not as familiar with me. I have seen a few varieties going for around $.50/rd and have seen plenty of 50rd boxes and this was a sale item and psa does have good prices so the .40/rd price did not raise any red flags.
            I would be fine with a compromise, meeting somewhere in the middle. I am not ready to pay full price, even though it is going rate because I would rather have bought cheaper rounds, I am just plinking here. Also this is 100% their mistake. 50rd box is listed everywhere except their newly revised item description.
            This is my 8th order with PSA and the 4th one they have screwed up.
            I know, fool me once shame one you, fool me twice shame on me. In other words maybe I should have quit ordering from them a while ago, but reviewers on here kept saying how they got their shat together. From everything I have seen they are generally an incompetent bunch.

            I have never done a credit card dispute before. How exactly does this work?

            oh yea here is a link to the ammo I purchased in 50rd boxes, yes it is oos so maybe it has been discontinued, but if so then it was recent.

            Comment

            • #7
              TKM
              Onward through the fog!
              CGN Contributor
              • Jul 2002
              • 10657



              They do exist....

              There are pics and everything. 50 round boxes of PMC Bronze.
              It's not PTSD, it's nostalgia.

              Comment

              • #8
                Packy14
                Calguns Addict
                • Jul 2008
                • 5312

                Originally posted by ChrisBrooklyn
                Credit card dispute. They will give you the money back due to your order confirmations. And you get to keep the ammo
                They no play nice, they lose it all. I hate psa..
                NRA Lifetime Member

                1A-2A = -1A

                Comment

                • #9
                  jthuggs
                  Member
                  • Sep 2013
                  • 413

                  So I don't quite understand what the credit card company does. Hasn't the charge already gone through. Wouldn't psa already have their money, how does the cc company get it back? Obviously I do not know the ins and outs of credit card transactions, bear with me.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    TKM
                    Onward through the fog!
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Jul 2002
                    • 10657

                    It's not PTSD, it's nostalgia.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      KrisDSA
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2014
                      • 2850

                      I can't believe they would take it back.
                      WildLeaks.org -
                      Former Professional Strangler and Shooting Champ

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Chunky_lover
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2008
                        • 1938

                        make sure you take now, or had a screen shot of your 50rd boxes incase PSA changes the site

                        because to me, since I buy a ton of stuff on ebay what they show is what they are supposed to send

                        and I would use that to my advantage

                        you have the website (hopefully still now) showing 50rd boxes
                        you have receipt? showing 50rd boxes
                        and did you say you had the shipping receipt also showing 50rd boxes


                        to me they are doing bait and switch
                        I would ask to have half money refunded, or you will fight it with cc company and they will loose money, and ammo

                        but please post up proof of everything you have so we all dont start bashing

                        although ive never heard anything good about PSA ive also never bought anything so I cant really comment on their service
                        but this could just add to what I always hear about that company
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          jthuggs
                          Member
                          • Sep 2013
                          • 413

                          Originally posted by KrisDSA
                          I can't believe they would take it back.
                          That's what I said. I asked isn't that illegal or something? Reply "Nope we do it all the time." Of course they do, they screw up all the time. Good thing I am not the type that would switch rounds with some crap reloads. I wonder who would be liable for that scenario of the next guy blowing up his gun. PSA or they would pass the buck to pmc.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Steve_In_29
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2009
                            • 5682

                            So by your math it looks like the ammo was priced about $20 a box. No offense but if that had been a real price for 50 rounds that would have been a SCREAMING deal and not a "good price" as you casually mention. Since 44Mag hasn't sold for $20 a box in WELL over 20 years. Had I seen that price listed for 50 round boxes, I would have peed myself in excitement and then ordered every box they had.

                            To keep things in perspective though you at least didn't overpay for the ammo you ended up receiving, as Walmart (cheapest I have found) sells 50 round boxes of 44Mag for $40.97 which times 20 10 = $420ish plus tax.

                            That being said I do agree that if you have documentation of PSA's error then they do in fact owe you some type of compensation. Ideally they stick by the sales receipt since you simply ordered what they said it was and had no way of knowing that their site was in error.

                            As examples of companies honoring their mistakes,
                            A group of us once ordered multiple sets of front hubs for Broncos from a national parts chain's website when someone discovered they were priced (erroniously it turns out) at less then half what they should be. That company honored every order at the wrong price that got placed before they corrected their website and didn't try to get people to make up the difference.

                            I also once bought a set of front axle shafts for a Camry from another national parts store that had made an error in their sales flyer when they listed the axles at a set price instead of stating "from that price". They honord the price (less then their cost) when I showed them the the printed ad.

                            And as an example of when a seemingly ridiculous price isn't in error, there was also a national chain selling front disk brake rotors for Broncos at a steep discount and again we all bought quite a few of them but it turned out to actually be the correct price, which stayed in affect for many years after.
                            Last edited by Steve_In_29; 04-13-2015, 10:31 PM. Reason: corrected my math

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Chunky_lover
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2008
                              • 1938

                              cant find 50 rd boxes on psa

                              guess they changed it
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1